Mass killer Breivik applies for university in Norway

Lite Beer

The day that monster walks out of prison I shouldn't be surprised if one ( or more ) of the parents of his victims decided it was worth risking spending the rest of their retirement in the holiday camp to make sure he never is a free man - AND RIGHTLY SO ! He should never be free to kill again...

Norway doesn't work the same way the US does. That's why its recidivism rate is 20% compared to 52% in the US.

Not so fast.

Norway imposes small fines for drug use. In the US, 1/2 of the prison population is there convicted of a drug offense. Right now there are about 4 million US citizens on the streets who are on parole or probation after doing jail or prison time for drugs.

When you jail drug addicts, you will do it over and over because they don't stop for going to jail.

But we're talking about a mass murderer who would never see the light of day in the US and might even be executed and there would therefore be no recidivism with him.

Think apples and apples.

• Like 2

Not such a bad thing if he gains an education.

Gawd, can't believe you wrote that. Would you say the same thing if your daughters brains were spread across a field ?

Please answer.

What's done is done, transam. The crimes have been committed and justice served.

I'm in no position to dictate to the Norwegian establishment as to what the guy gets up to in prison.

Norway doesn't work the same way the US does. That's why its recidivism rate is 20% compared to 52% in the US.

Norway also does not have the poverty, gangs, and violence that the US has. Just sayin.

neither does singapore, which has capital punishment

Norway also does not have the poverty, gangs, and violence that the US has. Just sayin.

Neither does Norway which doesn't have capital punishment. Given the choice between living in Norway, Singapore or the USA then Hei Norge!!!

Neither does Norway which doesn't have capital punishment. Given the choice between living in Norway, Singapore or the USA then Hei Norge!!!

Norway can do what it does because of "capital punishment" ..... taxes on your capital are surely punitive!!

Breivik keeps posing questions for Norwegian democracy that throw up many ironies. in this case it's ironic how many liberals have the gut reaction to act as conservatives and argue that due to his crimes Breivik should be denied his education. Unacceptable as it seems, if there is no law or regulation barring him then he should be allowed to study. It may be an idea to bar future prisoners convicted of violent crimes from access to university courses, but that should still not exclude Breivik as that would be post-hoc legislation. Israel bars those convicted of violent crime from applying for university courses, I think Norway should do likewise, a step away from liberalism and towards conservatism would also be what Breivik may want, another irony.

Oh yes, this certifiably insane man is going to be cured of his mental illness and upon his release will have shed any desire to murder kids and he will instead be magically healed by the advanced rehabilitation methods only available in Norway.

okie dokie. I'm sure that you wouldn't mind him moving next door to you when he's released since he will be as good as new.

thumbsup.gif

Not so fast.

Norway imposes small fines for drug use. In the US, 1/2 of the prison population is there convicted of a drug offense. Right now there are about 4 million US citizens on the streets who are on parole or probation after doing jail or prison time for drugs.

When you jail drug addicts, you will do it over and over because they don't stop for going to jail.

But we're talking about a mass murderer who would never see the light of day in the US and might even be executed and there would therefore be no recidivism with him.

Think apples and apples.

This is true in every respect.

Not such a bad thing if he gains an education.

Gawd, can't believe you wrote that. Would you say the same thing if your daughters brains were spread across a field ?

Please answer.

What's done is done, transam. The crimes have been committed and justice served.

I'm in no position to dictate to the Norwegian establishment as to what the guy gets up to in prison.

Justice served eh, bah.gif I think a couple of hundred parents might disagree with that statement and millions around the world. If this guy was not going to serve his time 6 feet under then he should be given a pile of rocks and a hammer.................... Education cheesy.gif .

Oh yes, this certifiably insane man is going to be cured of his mental illness and upon his release will have shed any desire to murder kids and he will instead be magically healed by the advanced rehabilitation methods only available in Norway.

okie dokie. I'm sure that you wouldn't mind him moving next door to you when he's released since he will be as good as new.

thumbsup.gif

As Breivic was tried and convicted in a Criminal Jurisdiction, the Court had determined that he was NOT certifiably insane, but had a 'personality disorder'.

Just the images of that @rshole saluting the Judge with a clenched fist each day made me wanna puke.

Now he wants to study Political Science at University. For the average jail inmate, such an educational opportunity may be beneficial. For this monster, it will probably just pour petrol on his already extreme-right polarised view of the tiny world he lives in.

I trust that he will not be allowed to study Mein Kampf as part of his thesis.

thumbsup.gif

As was said numerous times after he was convicted he's unlikely ever to be released.

thumbsup.gif

As was said numerous times after he was convicted he's unlikely ever to be released.

Then the kids parents should be told, this guy will rot in prison, THEN, they can get on with what remains of their lives.

Now he wants to study Political Science at University. For the average jail inmate, such an educational opportunity may be beneficial. For this monster, it will probably just pour petrol on his already extreme-right polarised view of the tiny world he lives in.

I trust that he will not be allowed to study Mein Kampf as part of his thesis.

Breivik abhors Nazism and so it is unlikely he will require such a book. If he wants to study at a university then I imagine that he intends to exert some influence in that arena; which has been almost entirely hijacked by his enemies on the left. It really pays to educate yourself about this man before casting your pre-packaged happy-meal opinions about his political orientations.

The day that monster walks out of prison I shouldn't be surprised if one ( or more ) of the parents of his victims decided it was worth risking spending the rest of their retirement in the holiday camp to make sure he never is a free man - AND RIGHTLY SO ! He should never be free to kill again...

And I doubt he ever will be really; AFAIK Norwegian law allows him to be remanded after his sentence is up if he is still considered a threat.