Recommended Houses

KelCastro

Hi all,

Can anyone suggest a method or company to find a rental home in Chiang Mai? Not certain on the vicinity we want... Just want to see our options.

We're looking for a 2/3 bedroom at a good price. Preferably in motorcy distance to the city.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Still having trouble here....

Any advice people? I've tried calling and emailing realtors online but no response (from most).

Thinking about going around on a motocy and looking but it just seems like a lot of land to cover.....

People who rent online of through realtors pay 2x to 3x more in rent.

Plenty of houses around in the 4000-6000bht range.

You can get a 2 bed shop house for 2000-3000bht if you are happy to fix it up.

The only way is to cruise around looking for signs on gates, it's how Thais rent out houses.

Ban Wangtan is ideal... 10 mins from anywhere! Houses available from ~ 15k per month. A quiet and pleasantly green, leafy mooban. Been renting here 12 months now, like it so much we're building.

Don't believe all negative comments, there's only 2 old soi's with yappy dogs.

Ban Wangtan is ideal... 10 mins from anywhere! Houses available from ~ 15k per month. A quiet and pleasantly green, leafy mooban. Been renting here 12 months now, like it so much we're building.

Perfect example of a run down moobaan to avoid.

Inflated prices because foreigners like their little ghetto.

Rent there is at least twice the CM average, with no advantages at all.

• Like 1

Rob ,neighbour !, there are houses here from 8,000 b a month,one in our soi,not all have signs and many negotiable.

Ban Wantang we looked there and found a house .. Then the first jet came across the roof then the next .... We looked else where found it much better in Rungarroon where houses rent for 5000 to 30,000 and plenty available . Close to the market and good security .... Lived there two years .... Then bought and built very close by ......

Any advice people? I've tried calling and emailing realtors online but no response (from most).

Thinking about going around on a motocy and looking but it just seems like a lot of land to cover.....

Don' bother with email Thais are (for the most part) terrible with responding to email. If I want to get something done I go to a business and can usually resolve or accomplish what I need immediately. Or, at least start the ball rolling... You could wait a lifetime for an email response.

For rentals, go on foot or car like has been suggested. Even the most affluent sometimes never bother with listings, they just put out a sign.

@ Sparkles: 8k is cheap!

We pay 10k for our 3 year old 2bed/2bath with full western kitchen and carport

When we move into the new house this place will likely go for ~ 13k. In quoting 15k I was generalising as base rental doesn't include mooban fees and outgoings which run to 2 or 3k extra for water, security, TrueVisions, Internet and power.

@BB We barely notice airplane noise. One or two may cause some annoyance but I enjoy the slight distraction from the near silence of birds tweeting, frogs croaking and the occasional dog barking. It's so quiet (no traffic noise or rowdy neighbours) we sometimes wonder if the World has stopped, jing jing! And no, we are not deaf. :)

Two brand new houses for rent, that I know of. One sparsely furnished but very well built and the other has a swimming pool on large lot.

Don' bother with email Thais are (for the most part) terrible with responding to email. If I want to get something done I go to a business and can usually resolve or accomplish what I need immediately. Or, at least start the ball rolling... You could wait a lifetime for an email response.

For rentals, go on foot or car like has been suggested. Even the most affluent sometimes never bother with listings, they just put out a sign.

Absolutely, the best way! We did this almost daily until locating our preferred mooban and even then it took twice weekly excursions to find a suitable rental. Proximity to city, major shops, local market, airport and other services was important so we don't always have to use a car.

Never been there but as mentioned looks very nice.

As I recall Wang Tan had different Projects. Is this the case? If so which Project are the photos from. Is there much difference amongst the Projects.

Please excuse the flurry of questions but your photos have prompted me to make a visit.

Edited by mamborobert

@ the yank .... you may like concrete and steel lego-like horizontal condominium-style living but the 100's of well healed farangs: Brits, Aussies, Kiwi's, Germans, Japanese and billionaire Thais who reside in leafy, quiet Ban Wang Tan prefer a quality of life not found elsewhere in CNX.

With apologies to Americans in general, we are fortunate NOT to have AnotherOne living in our 'run down ghetto'whistling.gifcoffee1.gifcheesy.gif

Unlikley that he would, unless there were bridges for him to live under.

Tommo, behave yourself.

Never been there but as mentioned looks very nice.

As I recall Wang Tan had different Projects. Is this the case? If so which Project are the photos from. Is there much difference amongst the Projects.

Please excuse the flurry of questions but your photos have prompted me to make a visit.

Section #5 (green&purple) comprised of small lots, average 80 t/wah.

Sois 5A1, 2, 3, and 4 are perhaps the oldest homes, >20 years.

Balance of #5 homes range from brand new to >20 y/o, average @ say 8 years & valued @ ~ 3m to 4m. Largest #5 homes on ~ 100 t/wah and valued @ ~ Bt 5 to 10 mil.

IMG_7137.JPG

Bt 6m home in section #5 >

BWTbighouse5.JPG

Bt 3m home in #5 >

BWT5b10a.JPG

Other sections, notably #3 and #4, comprise large lots, some up to 3rai, and correspondingly larger homes.

Mooban fees are low (from ~ 500 Bt p/m) yet streetscape and infrastructure maintenance incl water and refuse is beyond compare. Pool and gym are more than adequate although very few utilise the tennis court .... perhaps if it were indooors ..... ??? Security do NOT check visitors but do regular patrols.

• Like 1

Loved your sarcastic reply Rob..... Im still laughing at your photo captions. If I were still renting a condo in town Id be seriously thinking of moving out your way as the accommodation looks damn fine at that price. Great photos too.... what camera are you using? Very clean and clear shots.

Loved your sarcastic reply Rob..... Im still laughing at your photo captions. If I were still renting a condo in town Id be seriously thinking of moving out your way as the accommodation looks dam_n fine at that price. Great photos too.... what camera are you using? Very clean and clear shots.

Go easy Rob on the PR otherwise everyone will want to live in our "ghetto"

• Like 1

Loved your sarcastic reply Rob..... Im still laughing at your photo captions. If I were still renting a condo in town Id be seriously thinking of moving out your way as the accommodation looks dam_n fine at that price. Great photos too.... what camera are you using? Very clean and clear shots.

P&S Canon Ixus 8mp. thumbsup.gif

Hi kaptainrob. You mentioned you're building. Is it next to the yellow house with the pool?