Visa application before old one expires

I will be back in the UK and want to arrange my 'O' visa. My current visa says "This visa must be used before 27th Sept 2013", which of course it has. My current departure stamp expires on the 13th October, but I will be in the UK in early September and will apply for the visa with a view to return to Thailand around the 20th Sept.

My question is; Because my current visa must be used before 27th September, does this mean that I can not apply for a new visa to be issued on or before the 20th Sept?

Hope it makes sense to someone!

Henry.

I tried once to get a new O visa while my current one at that time was not expired yet in The Netherlands.

It was refused.

They said that I had to use up my current visa first and could then apply for a new one.

I also had a big questionmark and thought it was odd. Why not cancel the current one and give me a new one......

But that was in the Netherlands.

Edited by goltec

At Chonburi Pattaya immigration Office I understand that the earliest that a new VISA can be issued is 14 days before the previous Visa expires.

You are talking about extensions of stay from immigration, which something different than a new visa (which you get abroad).

I tried once to get a new O visa while my current one at that time was not expired yet in The Netherlands.

It was refused.

They said that I had to use up my current visa first and could then apply for a new one.

I also had a big questionmark and thought it was odd. Why not cancel the current one and give me a new one......

But that was in the Netherlands.

It read as if the OP here had used his visa entry so there would not be any issue regardless of the expiration date unless multi entry.

The reason a Consulate may not issue another visa is that only one valid visa is allowed and if the original was not issued by them they may not want to cancel (especially if issued by a higher level office).