And now some good news: Lum Lum Lunch Buffet

junglechef

I seem to be having problems liking your post Junglechef ...but I want to say thank you for this review, and for the others you often do! They are great and very helpful.

I really enjoy them, and don't mind how long you want to write ...this isn't twitter blether.

Edited by amykat
  • Like 1

My wife and I were intending to try it one day last week but they were closed, we then looked at the coffee shop next door but the seats were too hard and the cakes were very much like what you can buy for less money at Rimping.

We then had a look at the Pet Shop, not a lot of stock and what they did have was rather expensive. On the subject of Pets, DOGS in particular, does the Korean Restaurant serve up DOG, understand it is a favourite fare in Korea.

Joking aside I've eaten at a dog restaurant in Vietnam and though I like gamey meat, which I agree it was, combined with an unfamiliar "off" taste made it unpalatable for me. Probably an acquired taste but also it was difficult to get over the physiological hurdle especially considering one had to go past the howling caged animals on the way to the bathroom. But the most disturbing part was having puppies playing at my feet while having a plate of food in front of me, most probably their fresh killed mother.

(Sorry for the graphic nature of this post and that the mental picture I've drawn that might bother some but this is the reality of the subject and a true account of what I encountered and felt on one of my food explorations in this area of the world)

This is not a review it is just an appetiser. I didn't get the feel of the restaurant that I usually do from one of your reviews. Please wax lyrical again.

I agree and wasn't trying to review as I was just sharing this find. I'm not big on buffets as most precooked food is not worthy of a review because most dishes are not meant to be cooked and sit warm for optimal food quality. Also I don't feel that I am knowledgable enough about Korean fare to intelligently give a review. So basically I enjoyed the good eats for the good price but will note that all those (KRS1) with GERD and acid reflux be careful of the kimchi and a few other of the condiments there.

Tried the buffet when it was THB299 which was OK and fair value. Now they have upped the price not so tempting!

The new range of chocolate desserts at the coffee shop is excellent. Enjoyed the " chocolate dirt" ,will be trying some of the others.

Papas restaurant does some nice dishes but veeeeery slow service.

Hi-Jack restaurant,quite decent and fair value.Quite acceptable TBone.

Dog grooming at a small shop in the corner. Not too expensive and seems to have some medical expertise as they found a yeast infection on my dogs foot which is now resolved.

Hey JC----Disgruntled Ex-Rimping Chef here..

Yep i live in the area---so is it any time for the 160 bt buffet?....soup/salad/kimbap?....can give a few more details..

Can maybe meet ya up there for lunch and we can talk shop...just not working and on a strict budget in the LOS..

• Like 1

Lunch was 11-2 (will you please read my post more carefully guys - lol) and now your asking a bit much wondering if it's going to last longer than a day. There is a sign on the roof so I imagine they want to have it for the long run but don't quote me on that as I didnt even know the place existed before seeing it and stopping in the other day. Sticky Balls that sounds good, I'm interested in your stories, I'm sure they'll make good fodder for my book I publishing from outtakes of my TV posts. Sure there are some other good cheap eats in the area too.

• 1 month later...

Had the 399 dinner buffet there tonight and the meat selections were good plus the service was really attentive and they changed the grills every 10mins which was a bit excessive but who does not like a clean grill

There was about 10 types of beef and pork and 2 chicken and that was 2 soups and a selection of fried food

The salad ...well I am not a vege person but the missus was enjoying herself although I think the salad bar was better in sizzler

• Like 1

Tried the buffet when it was THB299 which was OK and fair value. Now they have upped the price not so tempting!

The new range of chocolate desserts at the coffee shop is excellent. Enjoyed the " chocolate dirt" ,will be trying some of the others.

Dog grooming at a small shop in the corner. Not too expensive and seems to have some medical expertise as they found a yeast infection on my dogs foot which is now resolved.

Junglechef says the price is 149 baht. Perhaps you were in a different Mall.

In OP about 159 bht lunch light (not meat heavy) buffet Junglechef also said also there is a 399 meat buffet at dinner. Junglechef says take your Junglejane for a try. Glad you like it LawrenceChee and I would think for those who prefer not mixing meats especially red meat and seafood and even more so with veg the changing of the grills would presents a prefect opportunity to change to the next food group.

Junglechef says the price is 149 baht. Perhaps you were in a different Mall.

Imported beef all you can eat for 159 THB? Get real dude. You can't get all you can eat buffalo for that.

Edited by elektrified

I agree in Korea they normally change the grills out every 30 mins but here it was 15 mins which was a nice touch to see a very very clean grill

Equipment all imported from Korea and these are the high end ones as I recognize them from the hotels we have there

For the price paid ...these are very good cuts of meat and imported would have created a bigger question mark of how did they get it this cheap

For pork and chicken local food sources is really good and you are saving the earth for those environmentally friendly folks

No mention of imported meat, 159 bht meat buffet or anything about 149 baht but for for this weekend only I'm offering for the low price of just 7500 baht lessons on how not to misread and/or misquote pm me if interested ?

I know the lady who owns Lum Lum. She told me the beef is imported. That was about 2 years ago before this other location opened (that I have never been to). But the original location serves (or served) imported beef. Which is why it is not exactly cheap there.

I understood your OP but others apparently didn't.

Edited by elektrified
  • Like 1

Joking aside I've eaten at a dog restaurant in Vietnam and though I like gamey meat, which I agree it was, combined with an unfamiliar "off" taste made it unpalatable for me. Probably an acquired taste but also it was difficult to get over the physiological hurdle especially considering one had to go past the howling caged animals on the way to the bathroom. But the most disturbing part was having puppies playing at my feet while having a plate of food in front of me, most probably their fresh killed mother.

(Sorry for the graphic nature of this post and that the mental picture I've drawn that might bother some but this is the reality of the subject and a true account of what I encountered and felt on one of my food explorations in this area of the world)

Sorry for your 'physiological (psychological?) hurdle' and being 'disturbed', but even sorrier for the dog that suffered due to your visit. Still, always fun to experiment.