Where to meet foreigners in Thailand?

CWMcMurray

Ever once and a while, I see posts on TV asking about where to meet other foreigners

I usually mention about the AMCHAM young professionals monthly events

Just thought I would share a link for Aug event in case any are interested...

http://email-camp.com/engine/display.php?M=4819954&C=b4f60834230b87e721c2df002d4d97ee&S=6020&L=1531&N=3459

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

One more thing.... You do not need to be an AMCHAM member to go and you do not need to a ticket in advance

Although the ticket price is a but cheaper for members and if you buy in advance ... Although only a few hundred thb If showing up at the door and a non member

They go to a different venue every month and have drink specials (around 100-200 thb) and usually some free finger food

Once you go, they have a sign up roster and then they will email you every month on the time and place

I understand that organizations need funds but to pay money to enter a venue to maybe or maybe not stay and socialize is not attractive unless you it want to be exclusive and that sounds even less attractive to me.

(perhaps i should pay once and go before i judge, how much is a few humdred baht?)

They donate all the money raised to charity ... So not a big deal on the ticket price

Not sure how much to believe but if true even more of a reason to make it free, pay by donation or pay what you wish, no?

Getting around in bkk can be a real pain.