If You Had To Pick The Best Condo Building In Pattaya….

TingTong187

Center Condo, South Pattaya Roadcheesy.gif

Sorry I couldn't help myself, I lived there when my house was being build.

The above Condo is in the other end of the scale but the only one I lived in, in Pattaya, what a shit hole.

If money was No object Better too BUY a house in a good area instead of a condo
Considering this forum is mainly populated by foreigners, how do you propose to legally buy the land the house is standing on?

maybe through a company name ???/

Sure.

Means you only own 49% of the land.

49% STILL has to better better than putting in into the future ex wifes name ...Zero .Nil return

True.

But a condo goes 100% in your name, with your name actually registered as the full and legal owner on the Chanut

Edited by geordieman2
  • Like 1

My dream condo building:

Facilities: big pool, laundry, maybe an in-house affordable restaurant and a 7-11 would be a plus.

Location: 24 hour supermarket with farang products nearby, situated on a main baht bus route, ideal within walking distance of a bus station to go directly to the airport.

My dream unit: 120 to 150 sqm ground floor unit with direct access to the pool and a place where to put a bbq, small Thai kitchen outside, a roofed terrace to put a dining table near the thai kitchen and bbq.

Roofed place to put car and motorcycle directly in front of the back door.

Grounded power plugs everywhere, TV and category 6 ethernet plugs in every room, small technical closet where all cables come together and storage cabinet.

Edited by manarak

I have lived at Jomtien Beach Condos for 7 years. I find them excellent.. Good security, maintenance, cleanliness, amenities etc. Their annual fee for maintenance is only 5,600 baht which is what it would cost for a month back in the U.S.

If money were no object, I would buy two or three units side by side, remodel them and have a huge luxurious abode.

Edited by rmicheald
  • Like 2

Money no object and people choose View Talay? <deleted>?

This place looks like a public housing unit or prison.

Terrible how they have been allowed to build those view ugly monstrosities along the coast.

Well, I will answer the question.

Northshore Condo, Soi 5 Beach Rd.

Northpoint in Naklua could beat it but I haven't lived there.

VT blink.png just shows you the calibre of some of the posters here I guess.

• Like 1

Money no object and people choose View Talay? <deleted>?

This place looks like a public housing unit or prison.

Terrible how they have been allowed to build those view ugly monstrosities along the coast.

Well, I will answer the question.

Northshore Condo, Soi 5 Beach Rd.

Northpoint in Naklua could beat it but I haven't lived there.

VT 20x20xblink.png.pagespeed.ic.AQgCnSOpp_. just shows you the calibre of some of the posters here I guess.

I would agree about VT3-8,they are lacking in too many ways, such as amenities, to qualify as luxury although they have excellent locations. My vote would be for the aforementioned Royal Clift, Northpoint, Northshore. That new highrise at Bali Hai pier may qualify.

I have lived at Jomtien Beach Condos for 7 years. I find them excellent.. Good security, maintenance, cleanliness, amenities etc. Their annual fee for maintenance is only 5,600 baht which is what it would cost for a month back in the U.S.

If money were no object, I would buy two or three units side by side, remodel them and have a huge luxurious abode.

I lived there also for 7 years ,off and on .Yes well managed but hardly in a luxury class ,such as Sky Breeze

• Like 1

If I am not mistaken, the ones in the back are not that good. Many just look directly into a condo next door, and now have that new road to deal with. We almost rented there, but saw the construction and decided against it. The fronts ones have good sea views, but that might disappear if a building goes up next door????

My dream condo building:

Facilities: big pool, laundry, maybe an in-house affordable restaurant and a 7-11 would be a plus.

Location: 24 hour supermarket with farang products nearby, situated on a main baht bus route, ideal within walking distance of a bus station to go directly to the airport.

My dream unit: 120 to 150 sqm ground floor unit with direct access to the pool and a place where to put a bbq, small Thai kitchen outside, a roofed terrace to put a dining table near the thai kitchen and bbq.

Grounded power plugs everywhere, TV and category 6 ethernet plugs in every room, small technical closet where all cables come together and storage cabinet.

Looking at your shopping list you want a palace not a condo...

I owned a Unit at Jomtien Beach Condominium(JBC), and some way to what you desire, 2 pools, 2 gyms, Club house, Multi Story carpark, lots of Shops, Bars, Cafes, Laundries, and all sorts of businesses as every ground floor unit is a shop unit, no communal laundry but a few landry shops on site, a few bars and cafes serving food plus a poolside bar (when it was open).

Power points not grounded (I hope things are changing and all new builds do install earthing), maybe with existing buildings they should run a earth cables down all the service ducts allowing owners to rewire and connect to a good earth.

Category 6 (CAT6) internet, if you had such a connector your internet service would not be secure as you would be on a shared hub/router, what JBC was able to do was to patch the in room sockets for the landline phones that nobody used to the lines put in by the ISP's and all you had to do was plug your router in, one thing is that big condominiums are likely to get fiber optic cables along time before they roll out to individual housing.

One thing about managing condominiums is the balance of what some owners want and what others do not want, so maybe fun for you having your midnight, noisy, beer fueled, smoky BBQ, but this would not be appreciated by everybody, also many condominiums close their pools at night, fishing drowned inebriated fools out the pool is not good for the establishment's reputation.

Obviously everybody want into a well run establishment that is value for money and not ripping owner off, I can only emphasise the only way to to do this is to buy a secondhand condominium that has a track record of being well managed that you can research and not being taken in by the developers "Bull S#!t" who trying to sell off plan.

If I am not mistaken, the ones in the back are not that good. Many just look directly into a condo next door, and now have that new road to deal with. We almost rented there, but saw the construction and decided against it. The fronts ones have good sea views, but that might disappear if a building goes up next door????

Agreed, I had a unit in S2 block, the ones between Beach Road and the Second Road.

Yes, 2/3 of condos in the blocks (A1-3) at the back only have a view that overlook the building opposite.

The second road has improved access, a lot of negative comments regarding the noise from the second road but I think most of those comments come from people who have never lived there, I could hardly hear it.

Yes, there was a project started opposite that would have dwarfed JBC but it ran out of money very shortly after starting, I understand now any building over 7 stories near the beach will not be allowed, but there again this is Pattaya and if you have influence anything can happen.

Nice thing was the accessibility with frequent Baht Busses running past the gate.

Agreed, I had a unit in S2 block, the ones between Beach Road and the Second Road.

Yes, 2/3 of condos in the blocks (A1-3) at the back only have a view that overlook the building opposite.

The second road has improved access, a lot of negative comments regarding the noise from the second road but I think most of those comments come from people who have never lived there, I could hardly hear it.

Yes, there was a project started opposite that would have dwarfed JBC but it ran out of money very shortly after starting, I understand now any building over 7 stories near the beach will not be allowed, but there again this is Pattaya and if you have influence anything can happen.

Nice thing was the accessibility with frequent Baht Busses running past the gate.

I think that 7 story limit has to do within a certain range of the high tide mark. Move back a bit and they can build as tall as they like. There are 2 monsters just ready to start down near La Royale. They've been approved, but work hasn't started yet.

My dream condo building:

Looking at your shopping list you want a palace not a condo...

I owned a Unit at Jomtien Beach Condominium(JBC), and some way to what you desire, 2 pools, 2 gyms, Club house, Multi Story carpark, lots of Shops, Bars, Cafes, Laundries, and all sorts of businesses as every ground floor unit is a shop unit, no communal laundry but a few landry shops on site, a few bars and cafes serving food plus a poolside bar (when it was open).

Power points not grounded (I hope things are changing and all new builds do install earthing), maybe with existing buildings they should run a earth cables down all the service ducts allowing owners to rewire and connect to a good earth.

Category 6 (CAT6) internet, if you had such a connector your internet service would not be secure as you would be on a shared hub/router, what JBC was able to do was to patch the in room sockets for the landline phones that nobody used to the lines put in by the ISP's and all you had to do was plug your router in, one thing is that big condominiums are likely to get fiber optic cables along time before they roll out to individual housing.

One thing about managing condominiums is the balance of what some owners want and what others do not want, so maybe fun for you having your midnight, noisy, beer fueled, smoky BBQ, but this would not be appreciated by everybody, also many condominiums close their pools at night, fishing drowned inebriated fools out the pool is not good for the establishment's reputation.

Obviously everybody want into a well run establishment that is value for money and not ripping owner off, I can only emphasise the only way to to do this is to buy a secondhand condominium that has a track record of being well managed that you can research and not being taken in by the developers "Bull S#!t" who trying to sell off plan.

A palace... LOL - Let's not get carried away

OP asked "what's your dream condo", I described what I would consider to be my dream condo.

Regarding the Cat 6 cabling, I probably explained it wrong, I meant that the cabling should be internal to the condo, so that all cables come together in a cabinet where I could put my router, NAS and ADSL modem. Of course, if the condo has fiber, the sockets in the rooms should all be equipped with fiber as well, but considering Thailand's international routing capacities, there is no point in fiber now, and there won't be for a long time.

About the BBQ, no need for it to be smoky... The BBQ could also have a fan-powered exhaust propelling the fumes through a pipe up the wall into the sky, so that nobody would have to suffer from its smoke.

And what's so bad about being beer fueled? What's the point of having a nice place if there's a ban on beer and BBQ?

For me Sky Breeze in Nakula .Beautiful old building right on the beach with huge balconys .

What Soi is this condo located?

I'd like to take a look.

Thanks.

Sorry the old memory is going ,and i have now been been 3 years out of Pattay up here in Chiang Mai .The Condos i meant were Park beach Condominium ,and the similar design Sky beach Condominium ,both on Soi 16 i think ? ,Wongamat Beach ,Nakula .Here is a Youtube video of Sky Beach Condominium .

http://youtu.be/tNZN6WSTLyM

• Like 2

I know the place.

Nice area but that building entrance looks like something from Rome.

Those gigantic columns and acres of marble make me think I might run across the Pope or something.

Over the top. Creepy.

That rule applies to structures within 100-200m of the high/average/low tide line (the actual figure varies according to who you are listening to). Either way, the JBC blocks are well behind that limit and so on the empty plots next door there could easily be a giant structure built.

Indeed the new AD high-rise building to the Pattaya side of the rear-most JBC buildings will largely dispose of any view they had before, though they will still be nicer that the JBC units that currently look directly into the other JBC block. I would rather slit my throat than live in one of those and I have grave doubts about the sanity of anyone who does live in one of them.

All that aside, I dont think that anyone could seriously describe a JBC building or any VT building as the "best condo in Pattaya". They are the cheap and cheerful end of the market, though the finishes inside the units are often much better than you might imagine from looking at the common areas.

For my money only the Royal Cliff Condo really qualifies in town. All other buildings are far too close to their neighbours or other sources of noise, traffic and expanses of concrete. Even in the RCC not all units have a nice view and many of them are blighted by the other RCC towers.