"No Russian Mafia in Pattaya" – Chief of Banglamung District

webfact

A question for lemoncake, Are you saying and agreeing with the Chief of Banlamung that there are no Russian mafia in Pattaya ?

101% there is no Russian Mafia in Pattaya or anywhere in Thailand, there are Russian owned businesses.

There are some mafia bosses, residing in Thailand and some even own businesses, however they are not active.

One i know very well owns a small hotel and it is just that a small hotel. He is not involved in anything else in Thailand, HOWEVER still very much active back home.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone to say there are no Russian mafia in Pattaya or Thailand is about as silly as saying there are no mafia in Italy or America, I'd say there are different types of mafia all over the world but back to the Pattaya alleged mafia or the denied Pattaya mafia by the chief of Banglamung, one only has to type in the words "Russian money laundering in Thailand" or "Russian organised crime money laundering in Thailand" and see what the search engine brings....?????

You only have to type in "Russian money laundering in Thailand" and see what the paper we are not to mention on TV has to say , If Chuvit a Rak Thai Party list MP is saying Russian gangsters are in Phuket, can we be sure none are in Pattaya and believe the Chief of Banglamung, next he'll be saying there is no corruption in Thailand and the BIB are all honest and never take tea money....OH well never mind, after all TIT....coffee1.gif

For anyone to say there is active Russian Mafia in Thailand is about as silly as saying any business breaking some rules is part of mafia.

There are no different types of mafia, there are different activities in which mafia's get involved.

I will only say this, if there was active Russian mafia in Thailand, i am willing to bet my house by now some police or ministers would have been killed already,

So every thing in this link is all lies, imagined up by the Americans...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/us-embassy-cables-documents/238045

Why do not you tell me the times when either side spoke nicely about each other?

Embassy cables are nothing but updates of what has been happening, ie there is a headline about "Russian mafia" the cable would be "Russian Mafia"

American cables also confirmed there were WMD 's in Iraq, decade later still not be to foundthumbsup.gif

American cables also confirmed there were WMD 's in Iraq, decade later still not be to foundthumbsup.gif

Did they really? There wasn't an American embassy in Iraq before Bush's invasion of Iraq. Besides this isn't about Iraq, but about Russian mafia in Pattaya.

A question for lemoncake, Are you saying and agreeing with the Chief of Banlamung that there are no Russian mafia in Pattaya ?

101% there is no Russian Mafia in Pattaya or anywhere in Thailand, there are Russian owned businesses.

There are some mafia bosses, residing in Thailand and some even own businesses, however they are not active.

One i know very well owns a small hotel and it is just that a small hotel. He is not involved in anything else in Thailand, HOWEVER still very much active back home.

So in one line you say 101% no Russian Mafia in Pattaya or anywhere else in Thailand, and then you say there are some mafia in thailand but non active...

So there are mafia in Thailand whether active or not, but how can you know that they are 100% non active in Thailand, do they really tell you every thing 100% and you believe all they say 100%....laugh.pngcheesy.gifclap2.gif

There will never be a Russian mafia threat in Thailand. The Thai mafia (police) will ensure it.

I think your point hits very close to true, and it's also why I fear there will be big problems in the future.

At first the Thai mafia (police) welcomes the foreign mafia (Russian?) because they are willing to pay nicely to get things set up. But then, as they get established, they're not as willing to pay--and begin to push back. Finally, they start to reverse the rolls and the Thai mafia wakes up to the new reality. The problem is that they realize too late they've completely underestimated the fire power and ruthlessness of the foreign organization they allowed to get established. One then ends up with cartel wars the likes of Chicago past, Mexico, etc.; with a lot of innocents caught in the cross fire.

It is one of the problems with pervasive corruption; you can always buy your way in. But then, just as there's always a faster car; there always seems to be a bigger, more ruthless, more corrupt criminal just around the corner, too.

• Like 1

So in one line you say 101% no Russian Mafia in Pattaya or anywhere else in Thailand, and then you say there are some mafia in thailand but non active...

So there are mafia in Thailand whether active or not, but how can you know that they are 100% non active in Thailand, do they really tell you every thing 100% and you believe all they say 100%....laugh.pngcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Read again what i said.

1 man is not a mafia, by definition.

He is NOT in Thailand to be involved in any illegal activities.

Did they really? There wasn't an American embassy in Iraq before Bush's invasion of Iraq. Besides this isn't about Iraq, but about Russian mafia in Pattaya.

Good point, so do not bring in what American government knows, clearly not as much as you like to believe

Take it the 'meeting held at the Chonburi Immigration Office in Soi 5 off Jomtien Beach Road on Thursday to discuss how Pattaya should react to claims that Russian “Mafia” activities in Phuket, which have been much publicized in the press, are also present in Pattaya', was pretty much 'de'-meetinged once the Chief of District stated that Russian “Mafia” activities are not present in Pattaya... end of chat, then, yeah?! wai.gif

30 years back;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIo1FfnRpKs

Are this lot now advisors out here?

Believable as;

There is No Mafia in Thailand.

It's only a family firm..

And when we pass our new bill, \

That will be confirmed.

There is no corruption,

Only money for us.

And if you now wanna protest,

Think wot we pay you for your rice.

Could go on and on.

Edited by Soi Sauce

what a huge whopping lie !! hahahhaha!!

this is just another case of where a head of police (or some department) wants to create a false lie story to get popularity.. (or to impress).

i wonder how much percent of people believe this kind of story.

i score it 100% on my lie-ometer!

Just say if you have problems there or not, be it Thais or others! Do your god-damned job keeping Thailand a lawful country lke other civilized cuuntries who enforce the laws! Does Thailand enforce laws or do them on a case-by-case basis oftenly practised we see everyday?

Russian Mafia in Thailand, probably not as the meanest Mafia's in Russia are Georgian, Armenian or Chechen in origin, and they are really bad news - think Columbia in the 90's style.

That being said, Russians, Ukrainians etc. are disproportionately involved in financial scams like ATM skimming, CNP fraud etc

Stll nowt compared to the Tailor touts on Beach Rd!

There is no Russian Mafia, Jet Ski mafia, taxi mafia, tuk tuk mafia, BIB mafia (for that matter), no monkeys on Bangla Rd, no underage prostitution, no drug problems,no violence problems, no unsafe roads, the transportation is totally safe(car,bus,boat), and there definitely nothing bad at all going on anywhere.... Seems like they have a pretty good theory: Stick to your guns and just keep repeating the same things over and over and maybe eventually people will believe them. The classic "head in the sand while keeping both hands open and a tip jar collecting money" technique.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24> Keep people broke and uneducated and they will fall for anything. The repetition theory works! Everyday tell your Thai wife or girlfriend you are the most "handsome man #1" and I'm sure she will agree with you!!!biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

and of course a Thai would never tell a lie!

I would be interested to know about the Triads , Chinese mafia ... They might be really active in all Asia ..

The Ang-yi or Chinese Secret Societies of Thailand

http://www.academia.edu/415705/Investigating_the_Grey_Areas_of_the_Chinese_Communities_in_Southeast_Asia

Thanks for that, S1. Just started reading it, and already I'm hooked. Fascinating stuff

Racist rant removed.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

The elder farts among us (me included) will remember the Minister of Tourism at the time (a lady) visited Pattaya and with go-go-bars signs as backdrop told the press accompanying her that there is no sign whatsoever of prostitution.

Hence the hub of "no Russian mafia" can be added to the "no hookers" hub; well done clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

If you don't see a bargirl having sex there's no prostitution. If you don't see a Russian with a violin case there's no mafia.

It is not Mafia, it is organised crime.

Mafia in England, France, Holland, Belgium, Scandinavia, etc? No!

Mafia was family. This lot ain't.

• Like 1

Mafia comes from the old Sicilian 'Mafiusu' literally translated meaning 'Boastful' / plus others but in todays English "Swagger" would be more literate.

Now do you ever see Russians or anyone else from Ethnic groups around Jet Skis , Money Lending , Prostitution etc "Swagger" in Pattaya .....Of course NOT it is a Quality Tourist Heaven.

Regardless I still like the place. I'm sure these swaggerers are everywhere in every Society. Nowhere is immune just go to District 8 in Vietnam & watch the Drug Dealing going down , or East Cleveland , Northbridge in Perth , & on & on & on.

BUT only in Pattaya would anyone be Naive enough to Declare "There is No ....? Mafia.."

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Thailand would be a wonderful place to base any major criminal activities due to the fact that people can be bought very cheaply from prostitute’s police politicians and I am pretty sure the judicial court system services could be purchased at the right price, I also think a few of the larger condominium projects in Pattaya could be financed with some very dubious financiers.

I used to sell property in East Europe for so called Mafia people and i drank with them a fair bit.

It seemed to me that they were just your local bully boy villain taking chances at whatever scams came their way, and then pay their friends to wear leather jackets and drive their tinted window Mercedes to get the image.

As for it being organised, most couldn't organise a hard on in a brothel.

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at item 14 in the link below that refers to Russian organised crime in Thailand.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/us-embassy-cables-documents/238045

After reading item 14 I'm wondering what 'pandering ' is.

Procuring or pandering popularly known as pimping, is the facilitation or provision of a prostitute in the arrangement of a sex act with a customer. Examples of procuring include:

• trafficking a prostitute into a country for the purpose of soliciting sex
  • operating a prostitution business
  • transporting a prostitute to the location of their arrangement
  • deriving financial gain from the prostitution of another

• 3 months later...