A neighbor of ours has been giving us bread lately. It seems a bread company has a promotion going whereby if you buy ten bags of bread and cut off the tops of the bags and take them back to the bread shop they will give you a free bag of bread.

Our neighbor doesn’t eat bread but buys a bag every few days and cuts the tops of the bags then gives the bread to us. That’s fine by me as I often eat sandwiches but let’s take closer look at this practice.

She buys bread she doesn’t want in order to get a free bag of bread she doesn’t want.

………………………………………….

Another lady we know wanted to buy a washing machine and after looking at all that was on offer decided on a large commercial size machine. She made this decision because it was on special at twenty percent discount. She lives alone and washes the clothes she had been wearing every day which I am told are only a speck in the bottom of that cavernous machine.

Being large this machine uses a lot of water and a lot of power both of which she has to pay for. She could have bought a small machine that would have done the job for her at less than half the price and used half the power and half the water but she is still proud of herself for getting such a bargain.

……………………………………......

Sometimes when I find myself doing something that isn’t quite correct I wonder is insanity is catching? I hope not as I have been close to these people and in some cases even touched them.

• Like 1