pattaya dark side condo projects list, worth investing or not, price similar to pattaya jomtien

Hello,

Do you know some condo projects at pattaya darkside ?

Price seem similar to pattaya or joomtien cheapest condo ?

Better buy good value and reliable viewtalay 1 or view talay 2, or better buy new condo for the same price ?

We don't know the future value and maintenance of these new cheap condo, so is it risky ?

What do you think? Thank you....

The market may be flooded.

One trick is to buy a unit that will hold its value or even better, appreciate in value.

Sorry if i am not much help.

I lucked in about 10 years ago and bought off plan in Naklua....I am now looking in the Hua yai area..new water park..nice beach...nice seafood...but waiting to see where the slick is headed..

One trick is to buy a unit that will hold its value or even better, appreciate in value.

I lucked in about 10 years ago and bought off plan in Naklua....I am now looking in the Hua yai area..new water park..nice beach...nice seafood...but waiting to see where the slick is headed..

Don't worry about the slick, be wary of the lack of water, electricity, sewage, and most importantly choking traffic

• Like 1

Don't worry about the slick, be wary of the lack of water, electricity, sewage, and most importantly choking traffic

Do you know where Bang Saray is????

Would you be happy living on the Darkside?

Perhaps try to rent there first.

Are you going to live in the condo yourself or do you expect to rent it out in your absence?

If you want to rent it out, you will need a condo close to the taxi routes.

I personnaly would prefer a condo in an established building like VT1 or VT2 rather than buying off plan.

And the 23 m² matchboxes don't appeal to me at all.

• Like 1

Do you know where Bang Saray is????

Sure do, I live there and have seen the result of the overbuilding that is now going on.....just wait for the highway traffic to come to a snails pace when the new water park opens on Suk.

Anyway, my post was in answer to the poster that mentioned the Hua yai area

Places outside Pattaya or Jomtien cost as much as place perfectly located, so why bother ?

If you can rent outside Pattaya or Jomtien it means that you will still be able to rent at these main locations !

Exactly..buy it at half the price but get the same at resale.....I aint saying any more...

I've always thought the brand new 2 up 2 down houses are the way to go on the Darkside , there new , cheap (less than a mil ) , big enough for family and seem to go up a little in value . I would not spend a lot of cash on property on the Darkside ...great place but I wouldn't want to live there permanent

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Khao Talo has a few places recently built and new ones going up. 'The Mountain' condo (Almost opposite Khao Talo 5) s one example. Now there are signs hanging from windows showing many are for rent. There is an office to go visit to ask how much to buy.

There are houses (bungalows) a-plenty for sale in the estates off Khao Talo generally in the 1.2 million range. Or rent from 6-9,000 Baht p.m.

Personally I have found living here off Khao Talo is more expensive than on the other side of Sukhumvit road. Market prices are higher than their counterparts. The traffic is terrible mornings and afternoons (from 4 p.m. onwards).

Flood water rushes down Khao Talo when it rains. It is like driving through rapids.

I am not saying ALL the dark side is more expensive, but am talking here off Khao Talo.

I'd go and have a good look around and maybe stay there for a while before making any kind of committment.

Avoid darkside at all cost.

I tell you why.

Streets are too small, many accident from rain and Collins.

Too far from beach.

Then you need to cross sukumvit...

Stay between sukumvit and the sea.

In jomtien they build a lot. It's really more comfortable than the east side.

• Like 2

I tell you why.

Too far from beach.

Rubbish ,i have a house on the darkside for 7 years now ,love it ,quiet, our street is wide ,never seen an accident there ,very ,very rarely have no power or water and terrific neigbours and no tourists,

I tell you why.

Too far from beach.

There's a beach.....?

• Like 1

Where is the mountain ?

Head up Soi Khao Talo, over the railway crossing until you reach Soi 5 (on your left).

Less than 100 metres further up on the right you will see a couple of condo buildings. (cannot miss them with one having signs for sale / rent hanging off balconies).

That is where you want to be :)

• 1 month later...
Khao Talo has a few places recently built and new ones going up. 'The Mountain' condo (Almost opposite Khao Talo 5) s one example. Now there are signs hanging from windows showing many are for rent. There is an office to go visit to ask how much to buy.

I noticed that when I was looking at houses further up the hill. The Mountain looks like a nice new-build but all those huge, hand-written 'For sale' and 'For Rent' signs hanging from every second balcony looks shocking. I am surprised the condo sales office allows that; makes it look like a 'I wanna leave here quick' ghetto already.

I think The mountain can be dubbed Nirun 2.

By the way nice build ? they are build with those concrete prefab panels.

• 3 months later...

Happy new year :-)

Do you know how much can cost a small land on the dark side to grow some vegetables and put a small wooden bungalow to relax on week end ?

Maybe I could just rent somewhere but if it's cheap I prefer to buy anyway to avoid that any owner asks me to leave anytime with my tomatoes and carrots :-)

Thank you.

• Like 1