Clip shows 3-year-old forced to drink toilet cleaner: Chonburi

webfact

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much to say; really. I am not surprised at all that this happened. It is no secret that Thai family values are ignorant towards the issues which prevent these kinds of things. Moreiver, they nurture and conceive these kinds of things.

Ranting, raving or acting surprised about the way pigs flop in the mud is useless. There is not much else to say without digressing.

• Like 1

This place is going downhill so fast.

It didn't have far to fall in the first place coffee1.gif

Very very worrying all in all.

This goes on all over the world but because I choose to live here in Thailand and have an extended families in school here.

I also find it very worrying.

I guess I am on the lucky side as the wife's 17 year old nephew is mentally challenged and yet has not had problems with that kind of action. We now have him in a special school.

Is this really so hard to believe? Eons again when I was in primary school (kids under 11), bullying was rife. Not lunch money, as back then lunches were free (or paid by the parents each term), so it didn't exist; but there was still bullying. Girls were by far the worst too. I doubt the 10 year old realised the possibility of death - more that the kid might throw up or just hate the taste - if it was homemade how likely is it that there were clear warnings on the label (indeed why was it accessible to children at all?)

My girls started private school at 2. Kindergarten, then pre-prep and so on. Older girls often mentored the younger girls, helping with reading, taking to the toilet etc - it is seen as good, especially the reading help, as the toddlers see it more of a game than with adults. It builds community. The school may well not have been aware of anything untoward; it may be not unusual for older school children to take younger children to the toilet.

All this was in the UK - at private schools.

//Edit: Schools should keep chemicals locked away - and ban young children from bringing money to school (money can be lodged with teachers if needed or a ticket system for buying lunch and snacks - coloured by school year and name written on the back - all school kids have ID and/or school cards now)

Edited by wolf5370
  • Like 2

....actually, many acids are activiated with water....

A 10 year old "extortionist." These Thais, they are something else. No need to worry about products for cleaning in schools and universities in Thailand. a majority of institutions water down all products, and one in particular, has water private label, but it is tap water. So the cleaner the young unfortunate victim was forced to drink because she didn't pay "protection" money, was probably well watered down.

....actually, many acids are activiated with water....

A 10 year old "extortionist." These Thais, they are something else. No need to worry about products for cleaning in schools and universities in Thailand. a majority of institutions water down all products, and one in particular, has water private label, but it is tap water. So the cleaner the young unfortunate victim was forced to drink because she didn't pay "protection" money, was probably well watered down.

Eh? Name some. Water can react with chemicals that results in an acid, but water will always dilute an acid - at least as far as my chemistry goes. An acid is a solution with a high ratio of Hydrogen ions. The definition of an acid (Arrhenius definition) is a substance that increases the Hydronium ions(H3O) when dissolved in water - maybe this is what you are referring to? (there are at least 3 official definitions for acids - the others are usually extensions to Arrhenius - often for biological definition)

Perhaps you mean something like Hydrogen Sulphate which dissolves to a very weak acid (hydrosulfuric acid), but H2S is much more corrosive before mixing with water, and not an acid in its own right (its a gas) - and would not be using in toilet cleaner (as it stinks worse than most toilets and is a gas).

• Like 1

Lord Of The Flies stuff.......

Once again it's not a Thai only issue, there are deranged children walking the planet all over the place.

That 10 year old will need to be assessed to see if she's actually psychotic, and in as much as we all would like to think that all kids are sweetness and light, some do show psychotic tendencies at a young age.

As for the three year old, hopefully young enough to forget, and naturally we all hope she makes a full recovery.

I don't know much about Thai law but at age 10 what can be done ?

She needs to be sorted out somehow because a protection racket at 10, what does she move into next?

As a side issue it seems to me there's a lot of dodging responsibility. Many years ago a very experienced primary school teacher in a rural area told me she was appalled at a PTA type of meeting she had attended where the school blamed the parents for problems and vice versa.

Next she moves to be a useful member of police

• Like 1

Is this really so hard to believe? Eons again when I was in primary school (kids under 11), bullying was rife. Not lunch money, as back then lunches were free (or paid by the parents each term), so it didn't exist; but there was still bullying. Girls were by far the worst too. I doubt the 10 year old realised the possibility of death - more that the kid might throw up or just hate the taste - if it was homemade how likely is it that there were clear warnings on the label (indeed why was it accessible to children at all?)

My girls started private school at 2. Kindergarten, then pre-prep and so on. Older girls often mentored the younger girls, helping with reading, taking to the toilet etc - it is seen as good, especially the reading help, as the toddlers see it more of a game than with adults. It builds community. The school may well not have been aware of anything untoward; it may be not unusual for older school children to take younger children to the toilet.

//Edit: Schools should keep chemicals locked away - and ban young children from bringing money to school (money can be lodged with teachers if needed or a ticket system for buying lunch and snacks - coloured by school year and name written on the back - all school kids have ID and/or school cards now)

Correct. I saw far more bullying when I was at school in Australia than I've seen in 12 years teaching in Thailand - mind you, I teach in an english program, so they kids from better off families. There are still some issues but I've never seen a fist fight between students....only incident was a new student punching a teacher in the face who was immediately expelled. Can't speak for government schools those, that make up the majority of the student population.

In 8 years, if not sooner, this girl will probably be in Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket doing the same to farangs

for money of course

Almost everyday my ex-girlfriend used to give a noxious liquid but there was no malice, she called it coffee

• Like 1

My three year old daughter will start school this year. Prior to her attendance, I will have a conversation with the head master, telling him if ANYTHING happens to my daughter, I will hold him personally responsible. And furthermore, I would most likely take news of injury to my daugher very very poorly....

• Like 1

In 8 years, if not sooner, this girl will probably be in Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket doing the same to farangs

for money of course

Almost everyday my ex-girlfriend used to give a noxious liquid but there was no malice, she called it coffee

I can relate to that.

• Like 1

It is wrong for us to push our values on Thais but i don not think " parenting ' is a big deal here. I like to think I was brought up well and kindly but left in no doubt as to right and wrong and hopefully i got it right with my own daughter and now she does with with my grandchildren

I will not get into what i see, know and think of the majority of Thai families I know and their attitude to youngsters but it's not complimentary

for money of course

Only if the 'farangs' allow them, insofar as your implication is that this girl will be not be serving up bolly in 5 star resorts?

I believe this was at a public school. all countries have different school systems. Depending on the era you were in. When I entered kindergarten in the states you had to be 5 by November. If you were to young for that you could go to a preschool. At no time was three year old's and ten year old's in the same school.

Also the schools did not have surveillance cameras. There was bullying going on then also but the kids were much more monitored at the school I went to at recess and lunch time there would always be teachers on the play grounds. That was many years ago at a private school.

The last cummunity I lived in before moving here 7 years ago from Canada had parents volunteering to monitor the school grounds during break times. Yes even at that there was still bulling going on but at a reduced rate.

There was definatly no schools with 3 year old's and 10 year old's in them.

I am pretty sure the Thai apologists would have little trouble finding incidents of school bullying in other parts of the world. But I think they will have to be spending a lot of Google time to find an incident of a 10 year poisoning a 3 year old over money extortion... I almost feel sorry for the 10 year old, who was completely failed by his/her family in teaching him values.

• Like 1

It is wrong for us to push our values on Thais but i don not think " parenting ' is a big deal here. I like to think I was brought up well and kindly but left in no doubt as to right and wrong and hopefully i got it right with my own daughter and now she does with with my grandchildren

I will not get into what i see, know and think of the majority of Thai families I know and their attitude to youngsters but it's not complimentary

Well, not liking 3 year olds to be extorted and forced to drink acid is, I would hope not only a part of foreign culture.

• Like 1

Lord Of The Flies stuff.......

Once again it's not a Thai only issue, there are deranged children walking the planet all over the place.

That 10 year old will need to be assessed to see if she's actually psychotic, and in as much as we all would like to think that all kids are sweetness and light, some do show psychotic tendencies at a young age.

As for the three year old, hopefully young enough to forget, and naturally we all hope she makes a full recovery.

I applaud your intentions. What odds?

What about the rest of their gang. I am so tired of reading about things like this in Thailand.

Hey man I am tired of reading of things like this everywhere in the world. ITs like in the old days, many small communities often not bigger them 400+ people always had a weirdo. Now we are 7 Billion people that makes over 50 millions weirdos in the world. IF you are tired of reading things like this stop read then and you will feel better I promise you buddy.

• Like 1

I am afraid they learn this type of behaviour from Thai soaps. Nearly every soap has some form of actions of girls behaviour to other girls. And with the men it always ends with a gun.

There should be strict rules on the content. Guns should without discussion be banned from all soaps. And girls should have their actions against each other toned down. I am at the point of I don't know when one soap ends and another begins!

Edited by phetpeter
  • Like 1

Well, not liking 3 year olds to be extorted and forced to drink acid is, I would hope not only a part of foreign culture.

i would like to thank that and probably it is. Let's wait till the girls get into young teenage years and pimp them out

• Like 1

'This Place' is not Thailand bud, unfortunatley the whole world is.

There is unfortunatley going to be a, how should I put this? 'Balancing' coming down the line.

It won't be pretty.

History dictates the future.

'This Place' is not Thailand bud, unfortunatley the whole world is.

There is unfortunatley going to be a, how should I put this? 'Balancing' coming down the line.

It won't be pretty.

History dictates the future.

Maybe you're right. I just relate to here these days and the stories coming out regularly are just horrendous.