Samet: Tests conducted on seafood from areas near oil spill

webfact

Tests had been done on urine samples from 252 of 1,522 people exposed to oil during the ongoing cleanup on Ao Phrao beach on Koh Samet, but no irregularities had been found, Health Minister Pradit Sinthawanarong said yesterday.

Someone is 'taking the piss' - and it's not just the people collecting the urine samples.

very scientific hahahaha gotta love the way they do that

How long does it take before contaminants actually enter the food chain? Would they be detectable after a week?

Found this here: http://www.ceoe.udel.edu/oilspill/seafood.html perhaps it helps.

The photo is absolutely hilarious as is the whole seafood testing story. Feels like straight out of a Monthy Python movie - one should do a Thai version on this one, like "Monty Python and the oily Crab" laugh.png

British inspired, but not Monty Python:

MAD COW BURGER

At the height of the mad cow disease in 1990, agriculture minister John Gummer sought to reassure the British public by feeding his four-year-old daughter Cordelia a beef burger.

It was later claimed that the photograph had been a fit-up and the hamburger had actually been bitten by a member of his staff.

post-145917-0-48103200-1375681315_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69

The tests for food contamination should be conducted about 2 months from now.

The tests must search for contaminants associated with this particular oil.

Subjected to tests must be sea food and seaweeds and algae.

The guests shown at the moment could be tested for HIV, Wassermann, Gonorrhea or Ebola (if they recently visited African continent).

But urine tests are insufficient. Need also blood tests.

Visual examination shows no loss of appetite. Uniformed steward looks nice.

Never knew that an oil slick could spread HIV.

What a crock of shit and almost insulting to publish. It can take weeks or even months for many of these toxins to compromise the food chain and eco system. Take your pick, either they think we are all really gulible and brain dead.... or they are. This is not a trick question. This is Chalerms legacy that all can be fixed in 2 weeks.

I like the brown pool of liquid on the guy on the right's plate.

Presumably soi sauce, but someone who's good at photoshop could have a ball with that.

hahaha SOI sauce nice hidden joke

I can't understand why they would not test the marine life, without first putting it through someone's body first. The body has a lot of filters, and the toxins could still be in their body. Check the damn muscles and fish. Sheeeesh!

Here we go again, the same as the rice. There is not contamination, ok there may be a little contamination but we washed it. OK so it was contaminated but we smelt it and it is clean now.

Pure whimsical blah, blah, blah. In any case what would you know about testing for marine contamination?

The guests shown at the moment could be tested for HIV, Wassermann, Gonorrhea or Ebola (if they recently visited African continent).

Right.

Never knew that the urine test of officials in suits has connection to oil slick.

In any case, why not test them just in case? Sounds very scientific.

And finally, if syphilis, gonorrhea and Ebola is OK with you why not test for HIV?

But if you have aversion to HIV let them be tested for meningitis ...

Edited by ABCer

So safe that after eating it once they had been registered for follow-up tests

over the next five years!

sticker,375x360.u1.png

Yeah? So what's the punch line? I think that it is called a urinary metabolic profile. Five years out certainly is not ridiculous when looking at an environmental recovery curve. Oh- the punch line- you just was the funniest kind of ignorant...cheesy.gif

Right.

Never knew that the urine test of officials in suits has connection to oil slick.

And finally, if syphilis, gonorrhea and Ebola is OK with you why not test for HIV?

From the nature of your humor you clearly think that this is related to microbes or viruses. Quit while you are ahead because nobody makes a bigger fool out of himself than one who is mistaking his own blaring ignorance for clever wit. And thinks that he is really putting it to the other guy. Heavy metals and toxic hydrocarbons are what we are talking about.w00t.gif Sorry I just have to ---cheesy.gif

techboy:

"From the nature of your humor you clearly think that this is related to microbes or viruses. Quit while you are ahead because nobody makes a bigger fool out of himself than one who is mistaking his own blaring ignorance for clever wit. And thinks that he is really putting it to the other guy. Heavy metals and toxic hydrocarbons are what we are talking about.w00t.gif Sorry I just have to ---cheesy.gif"

Oh, boy! Sorry, but I don't know these foreign words: 'microbes or viruses'. 'Heavy Metal' is not my kind of music either.

What I have tried to say but missed you was, quote: "At this time..." Never said anything derogatory about 'the other guy'.

I apologize for wasting my sarcastic observations on you.

By all means just do what you have to... and let them have your sample as well.

The points you missed:

- a few months before we get to taste those toxic heavy 'spicy condiments';

- checking MIB (suites) is not helpful;

- we would like to have 'control' tests for comparison (who knows what are these bosses from the photo eat? they could be glowing in the dark);

- urine tests are not 100% indicative;

- the uniformed steward indicates the test conducted by the military=gov't=PTTGC= bullsheet;

As I said, it's my fault that I spoke in riddles and still don't get what you are talking about...facepalm.gif

Right.

From the nature of your humor you clearly think that this is related to microbes or viruses. Quit while you are ahead because nobody makes a bigger fool out of himself than one who is mistaking his own blaring ignorance for clever wit. And thinks that he is really putting it to the other guy. Heavy metals and toxic hydrocarbons are what we are talking about.w00t.gif Sorry I just have to ---cheesy.gif

Right.