Australian and Welshman fight over Muay Thai Bout at Central Pattaya Bar

webfact

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why does everyone apparently assume that it was the smaller guy that started the fight ? If you actually READ the article you'll notice it says "An argument over the bout occurred between the pair which soon escalated into a fist fight inside the bar."

Doesn't say who started the argument, or who started the fight. However, I suspect that if the "smaller" guy had of started the fight, the "bigger" guy wouldn't have "attempted to escape" and wouldn't have been "set-upon by others inside the bar" who apparently not only smacked him around a bit, but held him until the BiB arrived and "Mr. Nick was arrested".

It's rather obvious what probably happened in that bar.

Lets be clear alcohol started this fight. They were clearly both over-served.

As for the Welsh guy being 49, he must have had Greek Gods for parents or worked very hard

and been a #1 customer of the Biogenesis Lab used by A-Rod and friends.

More proof that steroids aren't good for the disposition...

Actually I would say alcohol, care to compare incidents of alcohol violence and those of steroids ?

Not saying that steroids are innocent stuff but compared to alcohol they are harmless in getting people aggressive.

Could also say it's televised sport - wonder how many violent acts over sport happen across the globe year on year!

Man, whoever detained Mr. Nick sure did a number on his face!

Must've gone around his head from behind or leaped from above. Your arms would have to be two metres long to get past his chest.

Take one look at the Welshman - it's called "roid rage", in case you guys didn't know Pattaya is know the world over for being the biggest source of illegal steriods for personal use. This guy is clear example of that. The unfortunate side affect is roid rage - its even worse when mixed with alcohol. To quote web geek:http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-roid-rage.htm

Roid rage is the extremely aggressive or hostile manner associated with taking large doses of steroids

When I came here 15 years ago---the Idiots used to fight over girls.............how times have changed............. An Australian & a Welshman, I guess its lucky they weren't fighting over something serious like........... sheep.......

If there was a sheep involved a skinny little Kiwi would have jumped in, flogged <deleted> out of the Aussie and the Welshman, and run off with the sheep. (written with tongue in cheek, of course)

It never cesses to amaze me, where the big pumped-up guy always like to flex their mussels on the smaller guy; he should be big enough to walk away. The good thing is he was sat in an Australian bar where I assume most of the punter are from Australia and from my understanding have a dislike of the British/ Welsh; therefore rather than engaging his brain before his fists he got beat-up as well and for the pleasure of that it will also cost him compensation and medical costs for the other guy; well done <deleted>

You nearly got that right. Most Aussies and Welshmen have a dislike of most Englishmen.

What do you mean by the 'Anzac' spirit? Going in and getting a good beating as the Aussies copped against the Turks?

Obviously posted by an imbecile. A shocking insult to the memory of the many Australian servicemen who were killed or wounded in that campaign. ANZAC Day is one of the most important days on the Australian calender.

• Like 1

I am not saying that this is what happened, but sometimes these guys who are into bodybuilding/muay thai/boxing/mma get big, strong and/or skilled and then really are on the lookout for an excuse to use their new "tools." Have met some falangs in Thailand like this. They are ready to make things physical when most other people would just disengage or agree to disagree.

Don't get me wrong...I am a big combat sport fan and I don't think it applies to most of those guys....but definitely some do

Im not sure about Bodybuilders but any Martial Artist worth his salt does not get pissed and pick fights in bars.

What you get in Thailand is guys staying in a farang designed Muay Thai Camp for a couple of weeks and then unleashing their limited new found skills on the Walking Street population. They are not proper Martial Artists and god only knows what the Thai coaches must think of them.

• Like 2

I am not saying that this is what happened, but sometimes these guys who are into bodybuilding/muay thai/boxing/mma get big, strong and/or skilled and then really are on the lookout for an excuse to use their new "tools." Have met some falangs in Thailand like this. They are ready to make things physical when most other people would just disengage or agree to disagree.

Don't get me wrong...I am a big combat sport fan and I don't think it applies to most of those guys....but definitely some do

Im not sure about Bodybuilders but any Martial Artist worth his salt does not get pissed and pick fights in bars.

What you get in Thailand is guys staying in a farang designed Muay Thai Camp for a couple of weeks and then unleashing their limited new found skills on the Walking Street population. They are not proper Martial Artists and god only knows what the Thai coaches must think of them.

Bodybuilders also don't go looking for trouble, you can injure yourself during a fight and out of training for weeks - months that is a setback they really would not like. Of course as with any group bodybuilders have idiots.

Bodybuilders also don't go looking for trouble, you can injure yourself during a fight and out of training for weeks - months that is a setback they really would not like. Of course as with any group bodybuilders have idiots.

Anyone serious about their training does not have the mind set to pick fights in bars. There is just no point in it. I have been around gyms all my adult life and the small amount of guys i know who have suffered from ''roid rage'' were usually aggressive anyway before they started juicing up.

Anyone serious about their training does not have the mind set to pick fights in bars. There is just no point in it. I have been around gyms all my adult life and the small amount of guys i know who have suffered from ''roid rage'' were usually aggressive anyway before they started juicing up.

I got the same experience, but you know that does not sell papers and it does not help bash people. So its not a popular opinion.

Anyone serious about training would not get into fights, be it a martial artist or a bodybuilder but of course there are always exceptions to this rule usually when drinking too much. I myself absolutely hate fighting and see it as a dangerous thing, anyway i am way smaller than that guy. I must admit he has some pretty good genes, and juice or no juice he has trained hard to get there no question about it. Juice is not a magic potion.

It never cesses to amaze me, where the big pumped-up guy always like to flex their mussels on the smaller guy; he should be big enough to walk away. The good thing is he was sat in an Australian bar where I assume most of the punter are from Australia and from my understanding have a dislike of the British/ Welsh; therefore rather than engaging his brain before his fists he got beat-up as well and for the pleasure of that it will also cost him compensation and medical costs for the other guy; well done <deleted>

I liked the way you put British/Welsh to distance the 'English' from this, if it was a good thing it would be English if it's bad the British. I drink with a lot of Australians from 20's to 70's and find they don't give a toss who they drink with as long they're good company and a laugh etc., racial stereotyping?.

The Aussies and Brits (English) actually get along quite well and always have a friendly rivalry. Can certainly throw dirt at each other over sport and a beer but we both know it is only friendly banter.

The big tough guy is now going to have to pay the Police and the Aussies injuries, idiot morons the pair of them. Some guys grow tall but never up.

Make you right. They look like a right couple of pr*cks.

If they were really fighting over a Thai Muay fight, why? Maybe they had money on it.

Old men, beer and fighting, must be Pattaya!

When I came here 15 years ago---the Idiots used to fight over girls.............how times have changed............. An Australian & a Welshman, I guess its lucky they weren't fighting over something serious like........... sheep.......

If there was a sheep involved a skinny little Kiwi would have jumped in, flogged <deleted> out of the Aussie and the Welshman, and run off with the sheep. (written with tongue in cheek, of course)

You nearly got that right. Most Aussies and Welshmen have a dislike of most Englishmen.

What do you mean by the 'Anzac' spirit? Going in and getting a good beating as the Aussies copped against the Turks?

Obviously posted by an imbecile. A shocking insult to the memory of the many Australian servicemen who were killed or wounded in that campaign. ANZAC Day is one of the most important days on the Australian calender.

Shocking...absolutely shocking..I am an English ex soldier that had the honour and pleasure to serve with some pretty neat Aussie special Forces in the 80s..I am embarrassed and ashamed by that post. I am sorry.

Yep..Boxing Roo bar I think....

• Like 1