Honda cbr650 2014

Best customer review of the CBR650F on the net yet. I actually watched the whole thing. American bashers will enjoy the stereotypically American things in it. A bit of comparison with the Ninja 300 as well.

Edited by NomadJoe

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was an hour long dosage of pure awesomeness. Cannot wait till 2015 when they will start producing it in my country. It is expected to go for less than $11000 here. Stupid taxes but this will be a long pending upgrade from my 2011 cbr 250r. Might keep the lil 250 for everyday commutes though.

Edited by Nithesh

Best customer review of the CBR650F on the net yet. I actually watched the whole thing. American bashers will enjoy the stereotypically American things in it. A bit of comparison with the Ninja 300 as well.

i m not an American basher but do you really watch that unnecessarily long Murican review for an hour?

man, maybe you need a job? you have too much free time it looks like!

Edited by ll2

^ There is always time for bikes, especially for one I am about to buy. :)

Just get it nomad. What are you waiting for? Nice bikes these 650 series.

Which one do you want to buy? Cb or cbr

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

^ There is always time for bikes, especially for one I am about to buy. smile.png

The decision is made. (Was made the moment I heard about this bike) Just putting the bits together for financing. Hopefully this week. biggrin.png

CBR of course.

CBR650F_2014_01.jpg

Edited by NomadJoe

^ There is always time for bikes, especially for one I am about to buy. smile.png

The decision is made. (Was made the moment I heard about this bike) Just putting the bits together for financing. Hopefully this week. biggrin.png

CBR of course.

CBR650F_2014_01.jpg

Wise decision. It is a no brainer sport bike in thai market now for 300 k thb bracket.

But promise us now that you will never pass Thai legal limit of 120 kph with it:D

If you trust yourself on keeping that limit of course with an inline four honda sport bike:lol:

Edited by ll2

Motorcyclistsonline has a first ride report on this if anyone from the States wants to know.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/2014_honda_cbr650f_first_ride/?src=SOC&dom=fb

^ I am liking the blue. Will probably be a Thai 2015 color.

CBR2.jpg

CBR1.jpg

CBR3.jpg

CBR4-1.jpg

blue is not a fast color. Honda means red, red means Honda.

It feel like I have peep peep when I see one.

Edited by ll2

Nice UTube review though it should have been edited down to about 1/2 the length. Basically confirms what others have said. It isn't a super sport and it is more than reasonable to expect the bike to be heavier and to feel heavier than the 300. The things that make it easy to ride on longer rides such as ergonomics and steering geometry are the same things that prevent it from being a "pure sports" bike. Nice to hear that a 5'3" rider didn't find it too tall. They weren't really pushing the bikes that hard and the suspension might start showing its faults if they did though I have seen other reviews with track time where they said the suspension was competent though uninspiring. At 200 lbs I would definitely be maxing out the rear shock preload and putting in new springs and likely heavier oil up front.

My biggest concern about the bike from the review is that he commented that while the brakes were linear that they needed an above average effort. Can always upgrade the pads but if that doesn't do it full caliper replacement would be a bit pricey unless you could find something of a wrecked super sport that would fit. Probably very difficult to add a second disk without replacing the front wheel and the entire front brake system and maybe the forks. Too expensive to be worth it.

The CB650F cost 680K baht in Denmark and the CBR is 770K baht and they write: fairly priced, fxxx me.

Both CB 650 models are on this link called best bikes in DK.

The MT07 cost 450K.

The very cool looking BMW R nine T cost a whopping 1.475 Mill baht.

Who was complaning about bike prices in Thailand, not me for sure, he-he.

http://jyllands-posten.dk/motor/ECE6830346/danmarks-bedste-motorcykler/

CBR of course.

CBR650F_2014_01.jpg

Wise decision. It is a no brainer sport bike in thai market now for 300 k thb bracket.

But promise us now that you will never pass Thai legal limit of 120 kph with it:D

If you trust yourself on keeping that limit of course with an inline four honda sport bike:lol:

Haha no promises. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a bit of spirited riding on empty roads, but that's a long ways from what is essentially ghostriding in traffic. But let's not go off topic again.

Slight hiccup today..I need to find a Thai guarantor. Mine just backed out. Has anyone ever paid a lawyer to do this? They want 40% if no Thai guarantor.

Motorcyclistsonline has a first ride report on this if anyone from the States wants to know.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/2014_honda_cbr650f_first_ride/?src=SOC&dom=fb

^ I am liking the blue. Will probably be a Thai 2015 color.

blue is not a fast color. Honda means red, red means Honda.

It feel like I have peep peep when I see one.

I don't know, I think Honda I think more orange. I'm with DILLIGAD. Red means Ducati.

122-1307-04-o%2B2013-honda-cbr600rr%2Bre030112-honda-motogp-sepang-stoner-2.jpg

Nice UTube review though it should have been edited down to about 1/2 the length. Basically confirms what others have said. It isn't a super sport and it is more than reasonable to expect the bike to be heavier and to feel heavier than the 300. The things that make it easy to ride on longer rides such as ergonomics and steering geometry are the same things that prevent it from being a "pure sports" bike. Nice to hear that a 5'3" rider didn't find it too tall. They weren't really pushing the bikes that hard and the suspension might start showing its faults if they did though I have seen other reviews with track time where they said the suspension was competent though uninspiring. At 200 lbs I would definitely be maxing out the rear shock preload and putting in new springs and likely heavier oil up front.

My biggest concern about the bike from the review is that he commented that while the brakes were linear that they needed an above average effort. Can always upgrade the pads but if that doesn't do it full caliper replacement would be a bit pricey unless you could find something of a wrecked super sport that would fit. Probably very difficult to add a second disk without replacing the front wheel and the entire front brake system and maybe the forks. Too expensive to be worth it.

i am 195 lbs and 5.9 - a bit pum pui nowadays - nearly same as your weight.

i have been in track and ride this machine hard in every imaginable way with my humble capabilities and never ever bottomed the suspensions or hinted any problems. they are well done of course can be better - anything can be better.

owned a cbr600rr before back home and when i compare these two bikes, cbr650f shines with its low torque and actually it is a lot preferable for me over cbr600rr especially in Thailand for my needs - apart from track days.

geometry of cbr650f is sure not a sharp super sport but definitely it is a sport bike. apart from supersport bikes, nothing is pure sport bike for you i guess but in reality, it is not that way.

actually i liked the final wording motorcycle.com puts down on their latest review of cbr650f: 'Real-World sport-riding utility'

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/honda/2014-honda-cbr650f-first-ride-review.html

this is a down to Earth bike that can do it all in a sport way.

Also brakes are good enough. they are not brembos but surprisingly they do the job done and never got any brake fade with them even in track.

If you want to change them, you can get a full brembo setup from rsv racing including braided steel lines for around 22 k thb which is also not that bad

same for suspensions, a full front setup from a super sport that can fit cbr650f with upside down fork and radial brake mounts is around 30 k thb again at rsv racing. a reasonable price to pay. Brembo rear gas shock they sell at bigwing goes for 21 thb - 18 k for me with discount.

but instead of doing these upgrades, i am waiting to buy the new cbr1000rr that honda, i hope with all my heart, will release next year or two.

Edited by ll2

The CB650F cost 680K baht in Denmark and the CBR is 770K baht and they write: fairly priced, fxxx me.

The MT07 cost 450K.

Yes, we are not from a cheap country are we????biggrin.png

Hey NomadJoe,

I started a forum a few weels ago for the same reasons you are writing here. I wanted to know about financing for a CB650F, what I needed etc. Some people replied on the forum that it was possible to do it without a Thai guarantor..when I went to the Honda shop (and kawa shop also) I was told that it required a minimum 30% deposit with a Thai guarantor, and even if I wanted to put down 40% I still needed a Thai signer. I spoke with the finance company rep who was there at the time and he confimed the same thing. Always need a Thai signer. He said as long as that Thai has 15,000 salary per month and 6 months pay slips/bank statements t prove it then all I needed was a WP/pay slips/bank statements/passport/long term visa.

What shop or bank rep confirmed they would do it for you with no Tha signer? I was told that by a few people, but heard it form the horses mouth that it wasnt possible.

But I suppose it seems different banks have different rules, but if its a thai bank giving the finance I would ask to speak with the rep from there through the shop. Ask to organise a meeting for him to check through al your documents, etc and he can tell you what he requires himself.

But getting a thai to sign for you is easy..yours or a friends gf in a decent job maybe? Anyone earning over 15k a month with evidence is fine. ANyone your friendly with will do it if you approach them and offer them a few grand to do it for you..assuming you know them a bit.

toffy

Haha no promises. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a bit of spirited riding on empty roads, but that's a long ways from what is essentially ghostriding in traffic. But let's not go off topic again.

Slight hiccup today..I need to find a Thai guarantor. Mine just backed out. Has anyone ever paid a lawyer to do this? They want 40% if no Thai guarantor.

The MT07 cost 450K.

I think most of those who complain about the price are from the States...the Europeans, especially those from the north, have crazy expensive prices but their governments also take better care of the people.

Hey NomadJoe,

I started a forum a few weels ago for the same reasons you are writing here. I wanted to know about financing for a CB650F, what I needed etc. Some people replied on the forum that it was possible to do it without a Thai guarantor..when I went to the Honda shop (and kawa shop also) I was told that it required a minimum 30% deposit with a Thai guarantor, and even if I wanted to put down 40% I still needed a Thai signer. I spoke with the finance company rep who was there at the time and he confimed the same thing. Always need a Thai signer. He said as long as that Thai has 15,000 salary per month and 6 months pay slips/bank statements t prove it then all I needed was a WP/pay slips/bank statements/passport/long term visa.

What shop or bank rep confirmed they would do it for you with no Tha signer? I was told that by a few people, but heard it form the horses mouth that it wasnt possible.

But I suppose it seems different banks have different rules, but if its a thai bank giving the finance I would ask to speak with the rep from there through the shop. Ask to organise a meeting for him to check through al your documents, etc and he can tell you what he requires himself.

But getting a thai to sign for you is easy..yours or a friends gf in a decent job maybe? Anyone earning over 15k a month with evidence is fine. ANyone your friendly with will do it if you approach them and offer them a few grand to do it for you..assuming you know them a bit.

toffy

Yes, it does vary from lender to lender, and also from person to person. They have no FICO scores like in the states, but our overall history does matter. Once I told them I have lived here 13 years, financed a car and a motorbike (Ninja 650 with the same company) showed copies of previous work permits, then many of the rules started to bend. This was once the Krungsri rep I was dealing with called the same rep (Judy) I dealt with on the other loan who has known me for 6 years as she always sits in the Kawasaki shop in Phuket. They don't actually make the decisions, that's done by loan officers in Bangkok, but they tend to know what will work and what won't. They said normally it's minimum 20% with Thai guarantor, 40% without. Interestingly, they said that if I can find a copy of my original green book from my previously financed bike, I would qualify with 25% down and no Thai guarantor. That bike is now part of a rental fleet near by so I am headed there now to try to talk the current owner into letting me have a copy of the book. An interesting side story; It's the same bike that I sold to the Russian Swedish guy Maksim Shantz, who was killed by his former boiler room business partners.

phuketnews_Sebastian_Ljung_left_and_Tomm

Hey NomadJoe,

toffy

Yes, it does vary from lender to lender, and also from person to person. They have no FICO scores like in the states, but our overall history does matter. Once I told them I have lived here 13 years, financed a car and a motorbike (Ninja 650 with the same company) showed copies of previous work permits, then many of the rules started to bend. This was once the Krungsri rep I was dealing with called the same rep (Judy) I dealt with on the other loan who has known me for 6 years as she always sits in the Kawasaki shop in Phuket. They don't actually make the decisions, that's done by loan officers in Bangkok, but they tend to know what will work and what won't. They said normally it's minimum 20% with Thai guarantor, 40% without. Interestingly, they said that if I can find a copy of my original green book from my previously financed bike, I would qualify with 25% down and no Thai guarantor. That bike is now part of a rental fleet near by so I am headed there now to try to talk the current owner into letting me have a copy of the book. An interesting side story; It's the same bike that I sold to the Russian Swedish guy Maksim Shantz, who was killed by his former boiler room business partners.

Remind me to not buy a bike from you if that's what happens to the new owners.

Hey NomadJoe,

toffy

Oh that's not even the half of it. My black one I sold to Stein Dokset (katabeachbum) is sitting in Phuket Prison now., i.e. the "body in the bin" guy, and I recently learned the owner of my blue one died in an accident after recovering from a nearly fatal accident. I haven't seen my white one since I sold it to a fat Russian who drove like an idiot.

Hey NomadJoe,

toffy

Oh that's not even the half of it. My black one I sold to Stein Dokset (katabeachbum) is sitting in Phuket Prison now., i.e. the "body in the bin" guy, and I recently learned the owner of my blue one died in an accident after recovering from a nearly fatal accident. I haven't seen my white one since I sold it to a fat Russian who drove like an idiot.

Interesting stories nomad. We ll never buy a bike from you.

I am curious, whet were you doing with all those bikes?

I'm here at the bankok motor bike festival. I've seen some crazy looking cb650's here, from kspeed. Transformer style!! I'll try to post some pictures up a little later.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hey NomadJoe,

toffy

Obviously not getting them blessed.

Riding them of course! I only ever had one at a time. I have owned 4 over the last 5 years. Sold each for difference reasons. I had the first N650 in Phuket.

post-153200-0-83350100-1404381669_thumb.

Edited by NomadJoe

Oh what happened to katabeachbum? i thought his comments were funny sometimes

Still in jail. Photoed here with police volunteer Lars-Goran Dikander who passed away last week. (No, he never bought a bike from me.)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/734861-phuket-body-in-bin-hearings-postponed-to-november/

what a story!

phuket sounds like a dangerous place!