Honda cbr650 2014

Stock exhaust modification by K-speed.

Nomad all sounds good but all decrease the horsepower.

With some custom work it probably would not be to hard to mount the devil silencer under swing arm like the er6n.

What makes the others loose power? Because they are cheap copies? I see a lot of companies all have the same 4 or 5 different silencers in all there systems.

post-158619-0-01695500-1405604925_thumb.

post-158619-0-20262700-1405604941_thumb.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Motorcyclistsonline has a first ride report on this if anyone from the States wants to know.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/2014_honda_cbr650f_first_ride/?src=SOC&dom=fb

^ I am liking the blue. Will probably be a Thai 2015 color.

CBR2.jpg

CBR1.jpg

CBR3.jpg

CBR4-1.jpg

blue is not a fast color. Honda means red, red means Honda.

It feel like I have peep peep when I see one.

Couldn't agree with you more, I think this blue is hideous. I've got the red..."Millennium Red", and it is sexy beautiful. Ordered it in December 2013, picked it up on June 2nd 2014 from Big Wing BKK. I de-badged it, left only the clear coated "Honda Wing" emblem on the tank 'cause it's clear coated. All other decals are gone. Looks much better. Loving it mostly, although it feels a bit too tall, and top heavy. I am 6ft (183cm), with a 33 inch inner seam, I barely get flat footed on it when seated. Also, it's the HOTTEST bike I've ever ridden.....I mean heat wise. After just 10 minutes of city riding my gonads are baked. Terrible bike for commuting, better fit for long casual rides with an occasional speed burst, has lots of smooth low end pull. Fit and finish are second to none!

Motorcyclistsonline has a first ride report on this if anyone from the States wants to know.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/2014_honda_cbr650f_first_ride/?src=SOC&dom=fb

CBR2.jpg

CBR1.jpg

CBR3.jpg

CBR4-1.jpg

Couldn't agree with you more, I think this blue is hideous. I've got the red..."Millennium Red", and it is sexy beautiful. Ordered it in December 2013, picked it up on June 2nd 2014 from Big Wing BKK. I de-badged it, left only the clear coated "Honda Wing" emblem on the tank 'cause it's clear coated. All other decals are gone. Looks much better. Loving it mostly, although it feels a bit too tall, and top heavy. I am 6ft (183cm), with a 33 inch inner seam, I barely get flat footed on it when seated. Also, it's the HOTTEST bike I've ever ridden.....I mean heat wise. After just 10 minutes of city riding my gonads are baked. Terrible bike for commuting, better fit for long casual rides with an occasional speed burst, has lots of smooth low end pull. Fit and finish are second to none!

That's my problem. Being a short arse 5ft 7in no way could i ride this comfortably. Don't they make sports bikes for small guys any more.

CBR2.jpg

CBR1.jpg

templedog, on 24 Jul 2014 - 14:45, said:snapback.png

ll2, on 02 Jul 2014 - 19:13, said:snapback.png

NomadJoe, on 02 Jul 2014 - 19:06, said:snapback.png

Nithesh, on 02 Jul 2014 - 14:04, said:snapback.png

http://www.motorcycl...?src=SOC&dom=fb

xCBR2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.oRZVLBb63o.webp

xCBR1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.iVRlhgXKWE.webp

xCBR3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.JuXPkIMHbi.webp

xCBR4-1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.kq-00BUeHE.webp

That's my problem. Being a short arse 5ft 7in no way could i ride this comfortably. Don't they make sports bikes for small guys any more.

at 5.7, you can ride it easily. i have seen a lot shorter Thai guys riding it.

the front of the seat and chassis is designed thin therefore you can out your foot flat.

Edited by ll2

CBR2.jpg

CBR1.jpg

CBR3.jpg

CBR4-1.jpg

Nice, happy rides.

i dont find it top heavy and tall. Only at times, i feel top heavy rarely when the tank is full. But mostly when i am tired.

also, heat wise, it is not worst than my cbr500r maybe a bit more and commuting in Bangkok is easy and safer for me as pipe is underbody and low center of gravity makes the bike a breeze between the cars.

attachicon.gifHonda CB650f sml.jpg

I like the TweetyBird yellow. Totally not Honda. But fun!

Wrong thread.

Sorry, I thought this was the thread about the new cbr Honda 650. My photo, which it seems has not loaded, is of the tweety bird yellow version of the new cb650f that I rode a few weeks ago.

I will look for the right thread.wink.png

post-143143-0-85769300-1406282427_thumb.

Edited by CBR250

Wrong thread.

Sorry, I thought this was the thread about the new cbr Honda 650. My photo, which it seems has not loaded, is of the tweety bird yellow version of the new cb650f that I rode a few weeks ago.

CB or CBR. Same same but different

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wrong thread.

technically same bikes. We can share info altogether. No worries.

Sorry - my mistake again! I did mean CBR650f. The nomenclature of models sometimes does seem like alphabet soup. I must learn my abc one day.

Anyway, the bike I rode and am referring to is the new 4 cylinder 650 Honda - the semi naked version - with the new alloy swing arm - that was released a only few months ago. And it was Tweety Bird yellow, as per my photo above. (I don't think Honda call it this, but it does describe the incredibly bright shade accurately). Beautiful colour! Fun and cheery. And you don't need a loud exhaust to let motorists know you are around - they can see you across the horizon.

I actually wrote a brief review of my impressions from my ride - I think somewhere somewhere earlier on this thread. A pleasant bike indeed. When my CB500X (yaaay! correct at last!) gets a bit longer in the tooth - only 16,000 km at present - I'll probably trade it for one of these. Although the rate the new models are coming, I may have even better choices a year from now.

The blue would look better if the black plastic accents on the fairing were a different colour. The black looks good with red but I don't like it with the blue. A white pearl colour, yellow or even graphite grey colour would look better.

What are the prices of the Thai produced models of

Kawaski 650 270.000.-?

Honda ?

Ducati 750 400.000.- ?

Triumph ?

And?

Thank you.smile.png

you will find all the prices on their websites.

http://www.aphonda.co.th/hondabigwing/home.ashx

http://www.kawasaki.co.th/th/motorcycle.asp

Thanks, but found with GOOGLE that. rolleyes.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/712600-list-of-big-bikes-now-available-in-thailand-at-normal-prices/

Kawasaki 8oo or the Ducati, it would be.

Z800_RHF_1024.jpg

x2011_Ducati-Monster-795.jpg.pagespeed.i

Kawaski 650 270.000.-?

Honda ?

Ducati 750 400.000.- ?

Triumph ?

And?

Thank you.smile.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/712600-list-of-big-bikes-now-available-in-thailand-at-normal-prices/

Z800_RHF_1024.jpg

These are the 2 bikes I'm trying to choose from.

Things to consider:

Kawasaki - 4 cylinder, liquid cooled, no ABS, about 100 lbs heavier but about 50k baht cheaper than the Ducati 796. Can run on gasohol.

Ducati - 2 cylinder, air cooled, optional ABS, lighter but more expensive. Requires benzene 95!

I've decided to wait until the next year models start showing up, maybe kawasaki will make Z800 lighter and give it the ABS, will go with it then. Otherwise I'm leaning towards the Ducati. Been restraining myself from getting one for about 4 months already, hope it is just 3 or 4 months longer.

Sent from one of my mobiles, whatever mobile it is.

-Shurup-

I will try to get a Test ride. Anyway wait for beginning 2015 to, still recovering from my last wrist and finger breaks after a accident - over breaking highsider - Flying high, falling hard, with my old Honda CBR 400 R Fireblade. rolleyes.gif

My trend goes, I think more to the more powerful Kawasaki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spbNSscFPOU

Kawaski 650 270.000.-?

Honda ?

Ducati 750 400.000.- ?

Triumph ?

And?

Thank you.smile.png

Z800_RHF_1024.jpg

These are the 2 bikes I'm trying to choose from.

Things to consider:

Kawasaki - 4 cylinder, liquid cooled, no ABS, about 100 lbs heavier but about 50k baht cheaper than the Ducati 796. Can run on gasohol.

Ducati - 2 cylinder, air cooled, optional ABS, lighter but more expensive. Requires benzene 95!

I've decided to wait until the next year models start showing up, maybe kawasaki will make Z800 lighter and give it the ABS, will go with it then. Otherwise I'm leaning towards the Ducati. Been restraining myself from getting one for about 4 months already, hope it is just 3 or 4 months longer.

Who says ducatis cant ride on gasohol? The newer models no problem at all just shouldn't park it too ling with gasohol in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who says ducatis cant ride on gasohol? The newer models no problem at all just shouldn't park it too ling with gasohol in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, it could handle the occasional fill but should be refilled with benzene at the 1st opportunity, otherwise its plastic tank will go caput. :)

Are you guys forgetting that this is a 650R topic we are on? Let's stop the OT and continue with the 650 discussion here? You can start another topic for your purchase dilemmas and continue the above discussion there.
Let's keep this topic clean.

Are you guys forgetting that this is a 650R topic we are on? Let's stop the OT and continue with the 650 discussion here? You can start another topic for your purchase dilemmas and continue the above discussion there.

Let's keep this topic clean.

Not a 650R topic, a 650f topic.

@ll2 where did you get your rear mud guard from? A link would be appreciated. Hope they can be fit on different bikes too.

I got it from 320 sp. It is phoenix brand. Closest shop to my house at Wong vian yai. https://www.facebook.com/pages/320-SP/198202680224575.

2800 thb

But some other shops are selling it too. Check Macy.com and cbr650 Thai forum.

It works a great deal. I m so happy with it on these rainy days.

But they manufacture them specific to a bike so cbr650 one does not fit any other bike. But they have mug guards for many models from phoenix.

Edited by ll2

@ll2 where did you get your rear mud guard from? A link would be appreciated. Hope they can be fit on different bikes too.

I got it from 320 sp. It is phoenix brand. Closest shop to my house at Wong vian yai. https://www.facebook.com/pages/320-SP/198202680224575.

2800 thb

But some other shops are selling it too. Check Macy.com and cbr650 Thai forum.

It works a great deal. I m so happy with it on these rainy days.

But they manufacture them specific to a bike so cbr650 one does not fit any other bike. But they have mug guards for many models from phoenix.

Ordered one today, 2400+100 shipping. From 320 SP shop. Big thanks man, I wish I ordered one earlier, went for a ride today, got under some small rain dribble, didn't get wet but my back was wet and dirty from all the road dirt, F%$#!!! Can't wait till I get it!

Got s set of rsv sliders. I got it for 2400 thb but this is old price. Now 3000 thb.

Actually using k speed sliders but the one on the left side broke down but managed to hold it down before it fell down

Went to k speed and they kindly returned my money back! I know the owner though.

So got rsv sliders right away as they are a lot stronger with three mounting point. k speed had one only one and tio is metal. Last photo is k speed one for comparison.

Rsv slider tips are also made with good quality plastics so it slides on the road instead of catching it.

Overall, very happy about it. Now have lifetime 10 percent discount from rsv racing too!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-14070672565704_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14070672855113_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1407067305742_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14070673332777_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14070678687954_thumb.jpg

Finally got my baby.. I'm a pig in shit. 3 days heavy riding and she is everything promised and more. A bit more like my R6 I had back home than the Ninja 650, but of course noticeably heavier than the R6. I would say it rides more or less identical to my first big bike, a 1997 Yamaha YZF 600R. Not nearly as much wind protection as the Ninja 650, but adequate. Gearbox smooth as silk, another advantage it has on the Ninja. Only one real complaint, I am seriously annoyed by the swapping of the horn and turn signal controls, plus the horn button is flipped 180 degrees from the traditional configuration. It takes me 3 seconds to find the horn which is 2.5 seconds too late. I really miss the passing trigger too and I am going to have to sort out some kind of guard for the crank case as a now have burns on top of burns on the inside of my right knee from riding in shorts. Dealing with Bigwing Phuket was great. K. Top really went the extra mile. they even extended past the promotional dates the motorshow interest rate and free 1 year 1st class insurance for me. Only have the crap cell phone cam pic.

650.jpg

Edited by NomadJoe