Where To Buy Board Games In Bangkok?!

danone

was slightly lost at emporium. they have not a single board game for sale, with the exception of a chess for babies. and lots and lots of computer games, ninjas and all that stuff.

question: before the arrival of Toys R Us this summer, is there a shop in bangkok with a selection of classic and new board games?

no board games available in town.

went to emporium, central chidlom, paragon - paragon didnt even have a chess board, go figure. but loads of shooting computer games.

and this country wants to become the capital of books!?! another manic self-overestimation.

the average person here reads half a book, sorry, half a comic per year.

therefore no board games - seems to be too exhausting to play those.

cant believe that there isnt a shop in bangkok with such games ... any other idea?

At Central Chitlom, that's not easy to find what we're looking for!

I was looking for a Scrabble game few months ago and didn't find it easily!

I'm sure that they have Monopoly game and other board games!

What's exactly the game you're looking for?

I'm going for shopping today with my nephew so I'll take a look around!

At Central Chitlom, that's not easy to find what we're looking for!

I was looking for a Scrabble game few months ago and didn't find it easily!

I'm sure that they have Monopoly game and other board games!

What's exactly the game you're looking for?

I'm going for shopping today with my nephew so I'll take a look around!

try all the usual shops, most of them have board games, if not then Toys R Us.

Was in Paragon on Wedesday and there is a Toy fair on the top floor exhibtion hall, not that good but the had scrabble etc maybe worth a look for you.

Toys R Us (Central Bangna or Carrefour Rama 4) is the only place I've ever seen a semi-reasonable selection of games ... they have monopoly and Cranium (adults and kids versions - very fun game!) among others but they didn't have trivial pursuit which is what I really wanted to get.

went to emporium, central chidlom, paragon - paragon didnt even have a chess board, go figure. but loads of shooting computer games.

and this country wants to become the capital of books!?! another manic self-overestimation.

cant believe that there isnt a shop in bangkok with such games ... any other idea?

Thailand aint the land of wide variety of goods and services to be sure. you can however get 26 types of 5 baht noddles as 25% of super store's shelves are dedicated to this. LOL

try here

http://toysrus.co.th/

• 2 weeks later...

I bought 'Life' in Singapore and my gf here loved it!

Now I want Monopoly, because that's the game I really want to play.

I know where Central Bagna is, but where is Carrefour on Rama IV? The map on the Carrefour site is in Thai, as is the Toys R Us site.

• 3 months later...

Went to Toys R Us at Central City in BangNa today, and they had an OK selection of board games.

Monopoly (Thai version - which has English on all the cards, as well as Thai), Yahtzee, and at least 6 different versions of Scrabble (My First Scrabble, Junior Scrabble, Scrabble Deluxe, Travel Scrabble, Pocket Scrabble, along with the regular Scrabble game. Fortunately they were all in English (not sure how Scrabble could work with Thai vowels being what they are...)

They had a few other board games as well, but I didn't notice some things I'd expect to see in the west. (i.e. Cluedo.)

The display said that Thai Monopoly was a special for Toys R Us, so might only be available at their two stores in Bangkok and nowhere else.

Compared to the Toys R Us stores I've been to in Japan and the UK, it's a small store, but it's definitely bigger than the toy section of department stores I've seen in Thailand.

P.S. Ignore the map on their website which seems to suggest that Central's across the road from Bitec. - It's a few kilometres further out towards the outer ring road along the BangNa-Trat road.

Edited by bkk_mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This thread is a bit old but for anyone looking for Board Games a new Games and Hobby shop has opened at Piyarom Place (Battlefield Bangkok) selling all kinds of table board games, miniatures games and the like.

Cheers

Kwai

After reading the OP I was going to suggest Toys R Us in Central Bangna because that's where I bought Scrabble but I see he's already been there.

Anyway I went there the other day looking for dice (yes I mean 2) but they "no have" does anyone know where I could get some from?

Go to Any Asia Books Stores

do your research before you post.

none of what we're talking about is available at asia books.

dam_n wish I had been around 3 years ago to congratulate this guy on such a sweet and justified slap down. BOOM! Stay down beeeatch. Nothing bothers me more than people just shooting off misinformation without knowing what the frik they are talking about.

This thread is a bit old but for anyone looking for Board Games a new Games and Hobby shop has opened at Piyarom Place (Battlefield Bangkok) selling all kinds of table board games, miniatures games and the like.

Cheers

Kwai

Thankyou so much! I'll go check them out as I am interested in all those kinds of games. Now uh..... where is Piyarom?

Thankyou so much! I'll go check them out as I am interested in all those kinds of games. Now uh..... where is Piyarom?

Hi Sabum

Piyarom is just before Sukhumvit 101/1, it's a large low level shopping park on the left. It's easy to see from the Sukhumvit and about 200metres after the new E11 BTS station. Entrance is directly from Sukhumvit

Cheers

Kwai

After reading the OP I was going to suggest Toys R Us in Central Bangna because that's where I bought Scrabble but I see he's already been there.

Anyway I went there the other day looking for dice (yes I mean 2) but they "no have" does anyone know where I could get some from?

What kind, straight up six sided variety or the d4/ 8 / 12 etc types?

Hi Sabum

Piyarom is just before Sukhumvit 101/1, it's a large low level shopping park on the left. It's easy to see from the Sukhumvit and about 200metres after the new E11 BTS station. Entrance is directly from Sukhumvit

Cheers

Kwai

Uhm holy <deleted>, thats right across the street from me almost. lol guess I'll go check that out soon.