Who's Smart Then?

I've just set up a new company and decided to buy a SMART car, for the people in the office to use as a run around and as a bit of a gimmick really :o Now before you all start laughing and rolling around uncontrollably :D

It's absolutely superb, as firstly, an advertising board on wheels (it's plastered with stickers and logo's of the company). :D Secondly it's cheap as chips to run, insurance, petrol, road tax etc. And thirdly, when i've finished driving it, i just pop it in my pocket :D

Seriously though, has anyone on here had one before? What is the bug bears to look out for, that most cars have? Have you seen them in Thailand yet? The Mrs thinks we should ship one back as she'd feel safer in one of these than a motorbike.

Serious comments are welcome but it's also a light hearted thread, so feel free to take the p1ss as well :D Thinking about it, this post might be better in the jokes forum :D

They're around, but silly money.

Actually, theyr'e not that cheap over here either. Before i bought one, i thought they would be the price of two mopeds (as that's about how big they are) but they are about £7.5k new :o Seem to hold their money as well.

i hired one in the uk once , never again.

awful to drive , with a terrible ride. what they will be like on thai roads i dont know.

offensively ugly , but eyecatching too.

the driver is exposed to everyones gape , and believe me.... everyone will gape.

not for introverts , or blokes insecure about their sexuality.

a reliant robin for the 21st century.

Gotta agree with some of your comments Tax.

They certainly do get noticed but that was the intention when i bought it. Believe it or not, it's great advertising when they are plastered with logo's.

As for the ride, i don't think it's too bad. Don't get me wrong, I've got a Merc and wouldn't swap it to drive the Smart full time but they are a bit of fun.

And your right about being exposed :D good job i'm not shy :o

One big pain in the ass is it has no spare wheel. So if you get a puncture you will have to be recovered (towed) to a tyre fitter. Then the problem is that it's a special size tyre... :D

Bruddy h3ll, i didn't even notice that. Cheers Tots. Luckily the office staff won't be driving too far in it. ours looks the same as the Black one :D

<deleted>... it's not much bigger than a shopping trolley... :D

What real bloke would ever be seen driving one of them? :o

Yeah Jai Dee, they're more of a gimmick really and a mobile advertising board. But they have loads inside. Tiptronic / Semi-Automatic, Elec Windows, Central Locking, 10 Disc Mult-Player and MP3, Sigma Alarm and mine has got "Fat Boy Alloys" :D However, when i need to feel like a real bloke again, i just jump into my gas gussling, drop top Merc :D

Also, as of this year, certain cars are exempt of road tax in the Uk. Is this one of them?