Divorce certificate

Further to my last question we have now had a copy of the divorce document emailed from Thailand but this is a copy of a copy the original as previously stated was retained at the Amphur.Does any one know if this will suffice for our ILR application.Thanks again for any help.

cleverD - why make a new thread when it's far easier to follow your story if you continued the thread you started yesterday.

You didn't answer my pertinent question yesterday either. What did your wife use for her settlement visa application?

You will garner far more support and feedback by following forum etiquette.

I appologize for starting a new thread but felt it was a different question and people who have read my original will not always read again.To answer your question we used a copy of the Divorce certificate which was in Thai as were many documents submitted for that visa ie Tambien Ban etc.The ILR form asks for original divorce documents I have mine but my wife only has a copy further more is there going to be anyone in UKBA who will be able to read Thai as they have not asked for a translation.Thanks

No worries, cleverD.

The general rule is that all Thai documents should be translated. That your wife submitted a copy for settlement visa doesn't necessarily mean that a copy will be accepted for ILR.

The long and short of it is, your wife hasn't got the original so you can only proceed with what's at hand. I would certainly consider getting a translation though.

The good news is is that the overall requirement for ILR is to evidence your cohabitation and on-going relationship.