Scuba Diving Interships

gar3618

Hey everyone,

I'm just new to this forum. I found an earlier post referring to something I was extremely interested in over the scuba diving internships offered at several dive shops in Pattaya. I'm currently looking at dive center in particular called Aquanauts. I'm just curious anyone living in Pattaya completed one of these and if these are truely legitimate operations? Seeing this kind of program was really made me want to goto Pattaya and just get some new scenery in.. and hopefully a instructor certification.

there are a lot scuba companies in Pattaya (and I don´t like them all).

Mermaids is the biggest (they "produce" a lot instructors). I have somewhere a list of them, if you need.

Also contact: http://www.pjscuba.com/ the guy there is nice and helpfull.

get infos about work permit, I don´t know if you need one or not.

Hey everyone,

I'm just new to this forum. I found an earlier post referring to something I was extremely interested in over the scuba diving internships offered at several dive shops in Pattaya. I'm currently looking at dive center in particular called Aquanauts. I'm just curious anyone living in Pattaya completed one of these and if these are truely legitimate operations? Seeing this kind of program was really made me want to goto Pattaya and just get some new scenery in.. and hopefully a instructor certification.

Yeah.. I looked up Mermaids..I think PJ's and Mermaids may operate together..thats what it looks like from their webpages. I talked to a guy from Aquanauts and he said they had really big classes there. Its looking like Aquanauts for me.. if you have any info on Aquanuats..I'd love to know a little bit more..

I think I only need a non immigrant b visa or something like that.

Yeah.. I looked up Mermaids..I think PJ's and Mermaids may operate together..thats what it looks like from their webpages. I talked to a guy from Aquanauts and he said they had really big classes there. Its looking like Aquanauts for me.. if you have any info on Aquanuats..I'd love to know a little bit more..

I think I only need a non immigrant b visa or something like that.

definitly mermaids is training a lot of people so that info about the big classes is for sure true.

I don´t know the aquanauts to much, never dived with them, never heared good or bad things...

that link might be usefull for you: http://www.damnam.org/forums/

a forum about diving in thailand, a lot of people with a lot regional knowlege

I dive with aquanauts and found them very good, excellent instrucors that look after you. I was qualified before I came to Pattaya so cant comment on the training element. I have also dived with Mermaids and the only thing that annoyed me was too many dive masters or trainee dive masters in the water with our group all with their own ideas and trying to adjust my equipmet even though I was comfortable with it! So I only use aquanauts now.

OK ... I am wrong ... Patters is one of the top 10 Dive spots n the world ... NOT the Andaman coast .....

Oh yeah ... and Patters has TONS more live coral and great fish than Koh Tao!

:o:D :D

OK ... I am wrong ... Patters is one of the top 10 Dive spots n the world ... NOT the Andaman coast .....

Oh yeah ... and Patters has TONS more live coral and great fish than Koh Tao!

:o:D :D

Better for an internship, Yes because you can dive all year. :D Can't do so in the other spots - bit dodgey.

I've never been diving but I'm thinking about learning. Can someone give be a rough idea how much it costs and how much time it will take to get certified to dive? Also, is the certification good anywhere in the world or only in certain places?

pattaya 14-16.000 Baht, with negoating 12.000. Everywhere else it is cheaper (sorry for beeing cynic).

I think it needs 3-4 days.

if you read the book carefully and your teacher makes his/her job correct, there should be no difference in quality. PADI is normaly working very clear and straight.

If for pattaya, I know every company a little bit and a few thai companies as well.

If need additional infos PM me....

I've never been diving but I'm thinking about learning. Can someone give be a rough idea how much it costs and how much time it will take to get certified to dive? Also, is the certification good anywhere in the world or only in certain places?

I'm really stuck between Aquanauts and Mermaids.. Mermaids seems to have the foothold on the internship business in Pattaya.. anyone else offer some more info for me? I've talked to both companies already..if you guys know interns from both..thatd be great

I'm really stuck between Aquanauts and Mermaids.. Mermaids seems to have the foothold on the internship business in Pattaya.. anyone else offer some more info for me? I've talked to both companies already..if you guys know interns from both..thatd be great

seafari.co.th

is one more, but there are a few more, just google for diving pattaya. you can also consider phuket or any other place

Met a few interns, but not kept in touch w/ones at Aquanauts. They had about 6/7 going at a time. From what I gather...get all your gear, many dives as you like, lodging/board, books, testing and course valuable experience working with clients under direction of Aquanauts staff.