Oil residues found in 8 food samples from Rayong oil slick sites

webfact

So the logical feudal Thai way of solution:

Blame the vendors for selling bad seafood, but never blame your sorry lazy-azzzed leniency and incompetent handling yourself, to preserve Company President face whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Where do you see in the article that the vendors were "blamed" for anything? Not that it's the only place that should be tested, but testing seafood where it is sold is an obvious thing to do.

The problem is the defamation laws in Thailand are used as a powerful tool to stop people investigating and gag them.

That's certainly true...at least when the issue is about people who can be defamed.

But in this case, we're talking about the safety/quality of seafood...not even anything about a particular company or individual.

So even in Thailand, I don't think a reporter could get into legal trouble by asking...what were the results of the government seafood tests, and what are the relevant government safety levels for any contaminants found.

AFAIK, even in Thailand, a fish still can't be defamed or file a criminal complaint with the police. But it wouldn't surprise me any if the authorities aren't currently hard at work to close that glaring loophole. whistling.gif

CP just walloped a guy for causing damage to Thai rice, not CP's specific brand. Does CP export shrimp, fish or other seafood? You see, it is simply about causing any damage to anyone's business.

Technically saying that such and such a beach destination is a s*******e, if it so happens that there is a provable reduction in business because of your comment, can technically be construed as defamation. How restaurant reviewers get away with anything in Thailand I have no idea.