Whisky

pilou

Hi everybody..

I am new on this forum, please forgive the etiquette mistakes if any...

I live in Chiangmai, been here in and out for many years, almost 20...

I am a whisky amateur, but I am buying it faster than I drink it, I now have a small collection of single malts, and I would like to share it with other amateurs from CM.

I am not the kind who looks for banana flavor,or eucalyptus or butter or whatever you see in whiskies magazines, I just enjoy a good one in very small quantity, but I would like to expand my knowledge and discover new single malts.

If anybody interested,I live on Nimanhemin, not far from Rincome Hotel.

See you soon around a few shots of Macallan or Lagavulin...

Pilou

Hi everybody..

I am a whisky amateur, but I am buying it faster than I drink it, I now have a small collection of single malts, and I would like to share it with other amateurs from CM.

I am not the kind who looks for banana flavor,or eucalyptus or butter or whatever you see in whiskies magazines, I just enjoy a good one in very small quantity, but I would like to expand my knowledge and discover new single malts.

Pilou

You better hide the good bottles! :o

Hi everybody..

Pilou

I am sorry that I would be unable to help you for 2 reasons.

1 I live about 400 km south of you, 60 km south west of Khampaeng Phet.

2 I am an English heretic. I just drink any old whisky and chuck in ice and coke, so a single malt to me would be a waste.

On the other hand I do have some Stroh rum from Austria at 80% abv and when mixed with coke and ice it tastes a bit like rum and raisin ice cream.

Hi...

Thanks for your your answers and comments, it seems I will carry on drinking alone fo a while...

I did not know the Glen Ordbut I checked in my books and it looks like serious stuff, I wll certainly give it a try if come across some.I did know Bowmore, I actually have some and I remember aving drunk some double sherry casked one which was really very good...

The invitation still stands.... :o:D