Had My Turn...Be Aware!

weegee

Good to hear you are back to health weegee, and what a fright you must have got.

I sat with a bar owner and watched a guy pour a bag of liquid into a bottle. It was a clear liquid, it came from a bright pink bag. The guy has one of those roadside carts you see everywhere, and he's in direct competition to the bar owner I was with.

The bar owner said there was nothing he could do about it, he knew who the guy was paying tea money to and you don't mess with this guy. I was always wart of those carts due to the stories I read here, and now I've seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't go near any of them now. However weegee says it happened in a hotel, that's even worse. sad.png

Sorry you lost me here, what are you talking about please?

A guy?

Selling alcohol on the street is in competition with a bar?

Pouring what into what?

Pouring a questionable substance into a bottle to sell as a drink?

I do find the conversation interesting and i would like to follow and understand, thanks.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Exactly my point.

4. Yes.

There's a limit to what I can say, if you saw the circumstances and knew who was behind it you would know why. Let's just say that when the BKK police arrived two weeks ago to do a random check on the CM drinking places he got a phone call to tell him they were on their way. He was packed up and gone by the time they arrived and he stayed off the street until they left three days later.

Don't drink from these street bars, they are cheap for a reason.

• Like 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't a street bar.

It is a big restaurant/bar in northern Bangkok. There are no street sellers there. They have life music and a mostly Thai audience.

I have no clue why he was drugged and what was the purpose. Really scary, this is not a place I would expect such things.

The bit that is confusing for me is, does the OP usually take his own drinks

with him when going to a restaurant for dinner?

As he wrote:

For the first time, I let my guard down and didn't take my drinks with me, ....bad move !

yes I do....as usually the drink I have is not available at most places...and having heard of this kind of antics going on, I try to protect what's left of the old body

It's not because I am a miser....

13yrs of being here in Asia, and finally got my turn....oh well, lesson well learned.

Today feeling like my old self....what a ride thoughthumbsup.gif

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, but if you came into my hotel with your own drink, you'd either pay corkage or would be politely asked to leave;-)

Which hotels that? So we know not to go there.

Oh, so you think it is normal to bring your own drinks? Maybe your own food as well?

• Like 2

Ice, ice baby!

Sounds like you had a killer night. You sure you didn't upset the wife??? biggrin.png

No, I have nothing but praise for my wife....she never left my side and continuously kept contact with people concerned....I will never forget that.

Your concerning wife did not say "we go hopital"? the thais i have close say that to me for just sneezing to much according to them.

I know a lot of guys that live here or are frequent visitors. Most have been spiked with one thing or another, at one time or another.

One guy, who can handle his drink, pays his staff well etc, even got spiked with some sort of benzo in his own bar. Go figure.....

The bit that is confusing for me is, does the OP usually take his own drinks

with him when going to a restaurant for dinner?

As he wrote:

For the first time, I let my guard down and didn't take my drinks with me, ....bad move !

yes I do....as usually the drink I have is not available at most places...and having heard of this kind of antics going on, I try to protect what's left of the old body

It's not because I am a miser....

13yrs of being here in Asia, and finally got my turn....oh well, lesson well learned.

Today feeling like my old self....what a ride thoughthumbsup.gif

Thanks for the report, mate.. You have gained an experience and are lucky to be ok now. Good for you. Very curious now about the exact moment when you were spiked.

20-40 minutes incubation time, maximum..

Edited by Dancealot

Looks like a solution is on the way to these insane drink druggings that seem to occur here on a regular basis. Would certainly be an amusing scene as you push the drink back to the bartender, saying you prefer another drink that does not have drugs in it.... :-)

From CNN:

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/14/us/date-rape-drug-detection/index.html

(CNN) -- "The pitch reads: "Would you know if an odorless, colorless and tasteless rape drug were put in your drink? What if your cup, straw or glass changed color to warn you?"

"When substances like GHB, ketamine and Rohypnol touch the surface of the drinkware, they will turn into the designated color used to detect the drug, alerting you to its presence."

Looks like a solution is on the way to these insane drink druggings that seem to occur here on a regular basis. Would certainly be an amusing scene as you push the drink back to the bartender, saying you prefer another drink that does not have drugs in it.... :-)

From CNN:

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/14/us/date-rape-drug-detection/index.html

(CNN) -- "The pitch reads: "Would you know if an odorless, colorless and tasteless rape drug were put in your drink? What if your cup, straw or glass changed color to warn you?"

"When substances like GHB, ketamine and Rohypnol touch the surface of the drinkware, they will turn into the designated color used to detect the drug, alerting you to its presence."

No real man drinks from a straw.

• Like 2

I know a lot of guys that live here or are frequent visitors. Most have been spiked with one thing or another, at one time or another.

Where do these guys hang out? I've gotten legless on more than one occasion, but that had all to do with the quantities of beers and nothing with the drinks being spiked.

Where do these guys hang out? I've gotten legless on more than one occasion, but that had all to do with the quantities of beers and nothing with the drinks being spiked.

I've had my drink spiked with a gallon of Singha in the past...

• Like 1

Agree 100%

What kind of idiot doesn't seek medical assistance with those symptoms?

I smell a TROLL!

you were bedridd1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif en, having uncontrollable panic attacks, scratching yourself bloody, heart beating like mad...for several days.

why on earth didn't you go to a hospital?

Agree 100%

What kind of idiot doesn't seek medical assistance with those symptoms?

I smell a TROLL!

you were bedridd1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif en, having uncontrollable panic attacks, scratching yourself bloody, heart beating like mad...for several days.

why on earth didn't you go to a hospital?

Very strange experience and would have somehow got to a doctor and asked for a toxicology test. Drugs that last days are extremely rare and this sounds more like a stroke or some other kind of medical condition.

Very strange experience and would have somehow got to a doctor and asked for a toxicology test. Drugs that last days are extremely rare and this sounds more like a stroke or some other kind of medical condition.

Perhaps the answer is here

I know a lot of guys that live here or are frequent visitors.  Most have been spiked with one thing or another, at one time or another.

Quite a broad mix of people and places. Save me some time and do a search of thaivisa for 'drugged'. There should be about 1550 results.

Quite a broad mix of people and places. Save me some time and do a search of thaivisa for 'drugged'. There should be about 1550 results.

I believe you and yes, there are a lot of hits on Google. Just saying that neither me, nor anyone I know, has ever been given a spiked drink. I know it does happen, but I also believe if you stay to the regular places, chances are pretty slim.

I believe you and yes, there are a lot of hits on Google. Just saying that neither me, nor anyone I know, has ever been given a spiked drink. I know it does happen, but I also believe if you stay to the regular places, chances are pretty slim.

How about doing a poll here on Thai Visa about who has been drugged. I think the results might astound you..

• Like 1

A blood test as soon as possible is the way to go, and ask the path lab to take a second sample for a toxicology test.

If there are chemicals in there that should not be, then you have your evidence enough to have the restaurant visited by the police and samples taken from the bar equipment.

Even cleaning won't remove every last trace of a chemical and I doubt they do anything more than swill it out with water.

Even the Bangkok police would not be happy with this kind of accusation.

If anything, it will scare the shit out of the restaurant and more importantly, the barman. Especially if you get the Bangkok media the story.

How about doing a poll here on Thai Visa about who has been drugged. I think the results might astound you..

Oh, I did not say it doesn't; I know it happens a lot. But probably not very often at the bars that I, and most of my friends, frequent.

Edited by hanno

As soon as he got out the shaker to serve a whisky you should have known something wasn't kosher.

Objection, at this point the op believed the barman may have done something naughty after he spilled the whisky while using the shaker in the first place.