Salary Levels for Degree Qualified People

mallyrd

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now is as probably as good a time as any to post this,

http://www.adecco.co.th/Uploads/Knowledge-Center-Thought-Leadership/Thailand-Salary-Guide/Adecco-Thailand-Salary-Guide-2012.pdf

To the poster who doesnt believe tradesmen earn 3,000 baht per day, take a hike just down the road to you to the O&G industruy, Thais there are earning salaries some farang would envy.

Dont believe me, head to Swampy and see what some of the maintenance staff are on.

For those who can read Thai, salaries for BGs advertised starting from 12/15 k per month.

Last month I was in a hotel, there were 12 vacancies for staff, out and about there were adverts all over the place for staff, pay peanuts you get monkeys, the fish story sums it up.

I wouldnt pay too much attention to Addecco but one thing if you wish to is that it reinforces that the OPs daughter in law was offered a fair salary....Addecco suggest 0-5 years experience customer service starts at 10K

I am surprised by the high wages and salaries mentioned. I spend a lot of time in a remote and rural part of central Thailand and the numbers are completely different in that area.

Day labourers get 100/day, in farming often less. To actually pay the full minimum wage is unheard of. 7-11 persons start at 7.000. School teachers with a university degree 8.000-9.000.. 12.000 for a first job after university with the sort of degree we are talking about would be considered good and people would be happy to take the job.

2. Employers in Thailand look at what university the degree come from. All universites are not equally bad.

She should try a few of the hospitals that receive a lot of foreign patients. I've known several of our graduates take hospital customer service jobs and they can get higher salaries based on their TOEIC scores. Most of them seem to be on 16 - 18,000 when they start. It tends to be a first job without much of a career path and they generally seem to move on after a year or so.