Wax (hair Removal) Salon For Men ?

sexyGuy

Cutey Beauty Salon in Thaniya Plaza (3rd or 4th floor) offers a waxing service. I can't vouch for it as I've never had waxing there, or anywhere in Bangkok, so far. At least they're gay Thai men who speak a fair bit of English and are apparently qualified as beauticians.

hmmm are the qualified waxers with proper training and all that? got my legs done by them once and they ended up red, hot, itchy and bumpy. and i have had my legs done many times before, elsewhere (not in thailand) with no problems at all. and i remember doing the whole moisturise and exfoliate thingy....

now, my aesthetician told me that waxing, by right must be done by a professional and trained waxer...

a female friend went to have an unqualified person to do her brazilian and nursed a sore punani long after the ordeal.

id stick with a BSC wax job tho and ask them if they do sugaring instead of waxing cos the former gives a much nicer finish.

i think you might want to get the waxing/sugaring done at any of the many spas in the hotels...doesnt hurt 2 pay for the ambience either.

and the haircuts at c and b leave much to be desired. very shoddy finish. had to get my hair salvaged at toni and guy by a stylist who clucked his tongue and rolled his eyes when i told him my ordeal. trust me, honey. it never hurts to pay more when it comes to looking pretty. xo

Edited by boybrat

hey hey! BSC stands for Back, Sack and Crack. be prepared to spread 'em when u have them done, clean yrself WELL before going. i think my waxer loves it whenever i appear for my monthy waxing. that perv. so yeah. its not for prudes cos youve got to like SPREAD them. and getting the hair around mr wrinkly starfish waxed hurts like a bitch. OWWWWWW. im clenching at the very thought.

the only time i got waxed in bkk was at cutey and beauty and THAT ended terribly. ingrown hair, irritated skin, the works.*shudder*and the itching. OH the itching!!!!!*nightmares*

as wot i said, most of the nicer spas in bkk do offer waxing/sugaring. u can try going to such places, tho the waxers may be women. have never been to one, tho they are worth a try.

else you can always VEET them away, tho do not leave the lotions on too long and do a test first before applying them delapitory lotions. im allergic to them and learnt the hard way. and DO NOT apply those creams around crack and sack. OWWWWWWWWW!

• 1 year later...

It would appear from much searching of the archives that the only place ever mentioned on TV is C&B. I've had some pretty shoddy waxing done there in the past, and it was 3x the price of my local - Surely there is somewhere else in all of BKK that caters to mens full-service waxing? And ladies please don't recommend the place you got your brazillian done - they "don't do men" :o

TIA for any recommendations.

Edited by 303

No, at least not yet.

Anybody know what happened to Boybrat?

Is it true he is now covering fashion for the Bangkok Post?

I saw a couple of posts by him on another board a week or so ago but I can't remmber which one it was.

Seems like my last post disappeared. Did I offend the gay community/mafia/mods or is there a gay phantom at work?

No, at least not yet.

Not yet! So you're thinking about it or expecting a major breakout? Thais are lucky in that most dont really have to shave let alone wax. Luckily for me waxing isnt something that I have to endure.

Anybody know what happened to Boybrat? Is it true he is now covering fashion for the Bangkok Post?

That's probably what he's telling everyone.

I haven't had waxing probs at C&B, but don't have anything to compare it with as I'm a new convert to waxing and haven't had the nerve to try any other place. I recall the BSC costing around 1000 baht, but then my memory is shot.

ahmmm... what's "sugaring" and what is a "brazilian"? :o

Yeah, what is "sugaring"??

"Brazilian" is the term used when women remove all their pubic hair. I've never heard the term used for men, but I know some guys do remove all their pubes, too. Is there a different term when men do it?

ahmmm... what's "sugaring" and what is a "brazilian"? :o

Yeah, what is "sugaring"??

"Brazilian" is the term used when women remove all their pubic hair. I've never heard the term used for men, but I know some guys do remove all their pubes, too. Is there a different term when men do it?

Sorry, but Brazilian is the removal of hair {front and rear} just leaving an area above the genitals, irrespective of gender. Removal of all is usually referred to as an Hollywood.

Sugaring is using a paste based on sugar rather then a wax, AKA Persian [historic reference] and is said to be gentler {only sticks to hair, not the skin}.

Regards

My Thai BF always carries tweezers with him and is forever plucking stray hairs. He told me the 'better' boys can be seen wearing shorts as they pluck their leg hairs (knees down) while the 'other' boys cover their legs by wearing 'long jeans.'

Peter

Sorry A Traveller, sugaring is as painful as waxing. The best way of removing unwanted hair in my experience is threading. Sadly, never been able to find a place here that does it :o

I am learning a lot of new terms here. Please explain "threading."

Totally smooth is the way to be as far as I am concerned. However, when I was in Thailand a couple of years ago, I did not see anyone else with a bare body. (And I checked a lot of saunas!) It does not appear to be a very popular fashion in los.

SmoothGuy

Sorry A Traveller, sugaring is as painful as waxing. The best way of removing unwanted hair in my experience is threading. Sadly, never been able to find a place here that does it :D

I am learning a lot of new terms here. Please explain "threading."

Totally smooth is the way to be as far as I am concerned. However, when I was in Thailand a couple of years ago, I did not see anyone else with a bare body. (And I checked a lot of saunas!) It does not appear to be a very popular fashion in los.

SmoothGuy

First leisurely, I did say "said to be". :o

Second, threading is another traditional {African, I think} technique which uses a thread {often silk} to loop and remove the hair, without impacting the skin. However, the technique is both tricky and dexterous. Also the thread can catch skin cells and deposit them with a risk of inflammation. It's one of those things which one sees and is amazed, some traditional practitioners use their teeth to tauten the thread whilst using their hands to manipulate the thread in a cross wise motion. Maybe there's a video on YouTube {oh b..... we're in Thailand}.

Laser! Given the long term concerns about this treatment I'd not suggest it, further the process requires some time to prepare and recover, about 8 weeks in total or thereabouts.

As to the 'Hollywood' in LoS I agree it's not the norm.

Regards

/edit aditional data//

Edited by A_Traveller

• 10 months later...
I want to get my body (Total body Below Neck ) waxed....

Please help me in finding some hair salon somewhere in BKK Thailand

Regards

I know a place in the Sathorn area that does also wax Men. It is not a guy place, but I know men are also going there to get wax treatments. The place is called La Nature and is located in the extension of Sathorn Soi 1. Lumpinee Place Rama 4 Condo, Soi Sri Bumphen (off Sathorn soi 1 & Yanakat),

http://www.lanaturebangkok.com/

Hope this information might help.