Thinking about coming to Pattaya for 3 months

rideswings

Can you name a few? I am not coming for the booze and broads.

My reasons for considering Pattaya were:

The beaches, even if they are not the cleanest in Thailand. I grew up near a beach and miss it

Close to Bangkok

Better possibility of seasonal (3 month) condo rental as opposed to 1 year most other places

Makes sense to me. I also love my sea view and enjoy a stroll along the beach but I haven't swum in the sea here or anywhere for at least 45 years. I just dont like salt water.

Add to that the easy availability and wide choice of reasonably priced food and accommodation, and the favourable tax situation and easy long visa options, and there you have all the reasons I live here.

Other sea-side places in Thailand are somewhat less attractive to me as they are either quite a bit more expensive or dont offer the choice of international food, or both.

Good answers from both posters. I have a house here, wife,son,dog,truck,2 scooters and the list goes on, I think Pattaya offers many good choices regarding schooling & hospitals. Nice big shopping centers too. We also seldom swim in the sea but it happens and we haven't got sick yet but only go in when the water is clear and never from Pattaya Beach but further south.

No way I gonna stay in some small place where I can't buy expat food in both shops and restaurants, I like Thai food but not all the time so it's nice to indulge expat food sometimes.

And yes the Islands are quite expensive and the small ones don't really have proper schools/hospitals.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the basic simple chair might go for 30 baht but I think they always charge 60 baht becaue you are taking up 2 places. Yeah I know, but it is Thai Logic. Also, there are recliner lounges with cushions on the North end of Jomtien, just as you hit the beach road down on the right. I did those last year and they may have been 100 baht? I can't recall. Mostly foreigners there and some tend to be quite loud. I didn't find it a relaxing place for a quite day at the beach.

biggrin.png I have lived in Jomtien for at least 7 or 8 years now and have NEVER EVER gone into the water. I would rather swim in my own toilet, thank you. Safer. It is so common for people to get infections from that water.... ear infections most common. Bangkok Pattaya Hospital should set up clinic to visit after a dip. I don't even wear sandals anymore after a couple of staph infections. I do not patronize the beach chair mafia. I am 99% sure they are behind the removal of almost all the concrete benches that used to line beach road, plus trimming of trees to take away any free shade. Asked police when this was being done as for the reason and was told "crime suppression".... yeah, right. IF you are not coming for booze and broads, I would suggest a more tranquil place, cheaper, and with clean beaches. There are still a few around I hear.

You sound a shade paranoid........I've been in the sea at Jomtien umpteen times and never once had any problems. No offence, but you sound as if you would wear a crash helmet to cross a roadbiggrin.png.

Edited by Rob180
  • Like 1