Where in Phuket?

WildeWill

Lady boy gangs, really..?

i dont know the police setup of fighting in the streets and how quickly and easily you get locked up for that type of thing, but ill go down fighting even if they are dressed like chicks, but hey 5 against one, 5 o'clock in the morning after a few drinks,, you might get yer ass whooped, but i read it's mostly pick pocketing so just keep them a a kicking distance,, hehe

Edited by WildeWill

How often will you plan use the Airport. If frequently, you are much better off to set up camp in Khao Lak which is about 1.5 hours north up on the mainland. You can drive down to the airport as needed. If you set up camp in Nai Harn, Rawai or anywhere else south of the Chalong circle, your trips up to the airport are going to take you more than 1.5 hours...especially once the road work at the circle commences.

i dont know the police setup of fighting in the streets and how quickly and easily you get locked up for that type of thing, but ill go down fighting even if they are dressed like chicks, but hey 5 against one, 5 o'clock in the morning after a few drinks,, you might get yer ass whooped, but i read it's mostly pick pocketing so just keep them a a kicking distance,, hehe 

I recommend carrying a hockey stick in the car. It just pays to be a little careful late at night in low season. But its been ages since I have had any trouble down that way.

• Like 1

Be careful out there...you might get yer ass more than whooped,..rolleyes.gif hehe

• Like 1

I wont be frequenting the airport i will be on my Ed visa so ill just check in every 90 days to do a thai language test, i need to speak thai if i will work with them in a kitchen, so two birds with one stone, while i'm looking for work

How expensive is the cars,, and is it not faster on a bike, im really used to driving and saving time on a bike, and my patience wont last being stuck in traffic for hours on end, but you have a very good point about the rain!

i saw this on facebook today,, hahaha,,

post-185280-0-72722600-1376301327.jpg

I wont be frequenting the airport i will be on my Ed visa so ill just check in every 90 days to do a thai language test, i need to speak thai if i will work with them in a kitchen, so two birds with one stone, while i'm looking for work 

How expensive is the cars,, and is it not faster on a bike, im really used to driving and saving time on a bike, and my patience wont last being stuck in traffic for hours on end, but you have a very good point about the rain!

i saw this on facebook today,, hahaha,, 

Go a car and the traffic aint too bad. So many motorbike accidents its not worth the risk to save a few minutes. Just pick your times and work out the shortcuts. Cars are a little bit expensive in Phuket though. But you can always sell it when you leave they hold their value nicely

• Like 1

5 months you should have minimum 5 grand saved, rawai is great nice cool people and easy to get everywhere. Kata is where I live and love it, but you must look hard to find a spot that's reasonable not Hi season cost. As for paying Mo the up front be careful, the place could be great 1st month then be shit from then on. Always check the area around for chickens, they can be Very loud.

As for work, send your CV out asap takes a month or so for interviews to start. Good luck but you will need work permit that can be tough.

I have a rental in Kata if you PM me I can hook you up w/gf to look. On the hill overlooking Kata beach club med. My family home.

Sent from my A200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Okay

Which is the best homepages to look for work in phuket?

currently i know of Phuket gazzette, ccraigslist, phuketall.com but they are not really booming with adz

finding a job in Phuket, except at the big hotel restuarnts, will mean going around with ur cv an asking.

Note many ( if they are interested) would not hire till mid nov when high season starts.

• Like 1