Document translation

garyh

Can anybody suggest where I can get documents translated for marriage registration in Bangkok. I am vivisting from Lamphun area shortly to go to Australian Embassy. Some where close to the embassy in Sathorn Road would be great. :o

Thai marriage cerificates are easy to translate for any company in Bangkok, Silom or Suk Area. They are used to translate marriage license's and does it for a couple of hundred baht. I did it for 500 Baht.

Note: You must provide them with the english spelling for both you and your wife's name, so it corresponds with the spelling you want to have it.

A few listings from Yahoo! here, if you want a high profile (paeng...) company. These translation companies are not so visible on the web. but Yahoo is your friend:

http://dir.yahoo.com/Regiona....ervices

Should you need to present the translated marriage certificate for visa purposes or to register with your embassy, etc., a few more things to think about:

You should bring the original certificate and translation to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be verified as a true document.

The address of the Ministry is:

Legalisation

Department of Consular Affairs

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Chaeng Wattana Road

(close to the Communications Authority of Thailand)

Bangkok

Tel: 02 503-3905 to 02 503-3907

It usually takes a couple of days for the Ministry to verify a document. Please note that the Ministry will charge you a fee. Your Embassy cannot assist you in having the certificate verified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

If it's about marriage, please have a look here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/305.0.html