Make up for most thai girls is one tub of whitening cream on da face

snake24

Now i know most females from all races wish to be fairer and that the war paint they wear probably does the job but it looks so obvious with thai ladies. Just look at them. I don't know how to describe it it's like they slabbed on some sort of face whitening cream and they look deathly pale. I don't think that's how make up should be put.

Honestly i think only thai ladies put their make up on this way let's take ladies of a similar skin tone from other countries. Say latina females. You don't see latina women being deathly pale when they put on their make up.

I think there is something wrong when so many thai females look like they slabbed mayo or some white shyt unto themselves cos i believe make up shouldn't be that obvious but then again i'm not a chick or a feminine type of man that shares make up tips if you get my drift.

Most women ? Last time i looked most europeans ,yanks , aussies etc are looking to be tanned .Dont be hanging round bars that have those decrepit old hags which do such things.you also say u think it shouldnt be done like ,then maybe just how should this be done?

In countries where the majority are dark (ie Thailand), just tell them the beauty ideal is pale.

In countries where the majority are pale (ie UK), just tell them the beauty ideal is dark.

Just the beauty industry selling the majority something they can never, ever possess on a permanent basis unless, of course, they keep buying the products.

• Like 1

and theres always a tide mark at the base of the neck where the cream stops

I just look at the feet for the true colour.

I don't really get the whole white crazy thing. The faces are so many shades lighter than the rest of the body that it looks quite ridiculous. It's almost as if these brown people just can't come to terms with the fact that they are brown. Pictures always way over-exposed. Everyone looks pale. Until you see them in real life.

At work, I can never rely on the the contact address book photos because everyone -- men and women -- use photos that look almost nothing like them.

I wonder how our perception of Thai female beauty would change if all of the majority brown people in this country decided to come to terms with their true colour?

Take 2 young female university graduates. Same degree, same everything. One is pale, the other Isaan-Brown. Witch one is going to make an impressive career?

A sad state of affairs.

Cheers.

Unfortunately, I believe this is true. It is also obvious within the film industry where all the actresses have pale skin. As one who has pale, freckled skin I can say for years I envied the girls who could get a nice golden tan, but after a while I just accepted things as they were. I do know that every Thai girl who wears whitening cream looks terrible in photos, and especially so if I use the flash. It makes them look like zombies.

and theres always a tide mark at the base of the neck where the cream stops

I just look at the feet for the true colour.

I don't really get the whole white crazy thing. The faces are so many shades lighter than the rest of the body that it looks quite ridiculous. It's almost as if these brown people just can't come to terms with the fact that they are brown. Pictures always way over-exposed. Everyone looks pale. Until you see them in real life.

At work, I can never rely on the the contact address book photos because everyone -- men and women -- use photos that look almost nothing like them.

I wonder how our perception of Thai female beauty would change if all of the majority brown people in this country decided to come to terms with their true colour?

Come to terms.......true colour ! Wow, don't you think that is a little over the top what you are asking ? This for somebody who acknowledges that saving face is a big issue amongst thais.

Guys you aren't getting my pt. I don't mind if they appear fairer but the point is it's unnatural. It looks so obvious they slabbed on well concealer or something. It's just too obvious. If you look at say a white chick her fair skin doesn't look unnatural. Now i know all females or most put on make up but make up shouldn't be too obvious right?

Take 2 young female university graduates. Same degree, same everything. One is pale, the other Isaan-Brown. Witch one is going to make an impressive career?

A sad state of affairs.

Cheers.

Unfortunately, I believe this is true. It is also obvious within the film industry where all the actresses have pale skin. As one who has pale, freckled skin I can say for years I envied the girls who could get a nice golden tan, but after a while I just accepted things as they were. I do know that every Thai girl who wears whitening cream looks terrible in photos, and especially so if I use the flash. It makes them look like zombies.

Is there a way to be well farier or slightly less tan with make up and not look like a zombie?

I don't think they need to go for skin bleachin i think that is only for very dark skinned ppl like africans but surely there must be something out there that makes someone less fair without looking odd.

Most women ? Last time i looked most europeans ,yanks , aussies etc are looking to be tanned .Dont be hanging round bars that have those decrepit old hags which do such things.you also say u think it shouldnt be done like ,then maybe just how should this be done?

Even amongst european ppl i think only a minority want to be really tanned but then again white ppl look really deathly pale without tanning i mean almost ghastly white.

I have noticed that the majority of retailers stock mostly light coloured make-up (referred to as base/foundation). Thais go mad for Korean and Japanese brands and of course the Japanese and Korean skin tones seem to be a lot lighter. Perhaps the unfortunate dark skinned girls simply can't get foundation to match their skin tone perfectly. (Pity the poor African women who end up living here.) Just a thought - I could be wrong.

I recently got my GF to buy me some Burmese tanaka. For those of you that don't know, it is the cream coloured powder you see smeared (sometime in very cute patterns) on the faces of Burmese women and children.

I surf a lot sun screens are quite expensive here. So I want to give the tanaka a try. I huge tube of export quality only cost 55THB.

I have yet to try it in the water, but the powder itself smells divine when I opened the tub...apparently it is made from tree bark??

Anyway if it doesn't hold on while out in the surf, I still plan on using it on my snout when going on longer motorbike rides as I always use an open faced helmet.