New In Bangkok

New in Bangkok

Hi. I am new to Bangkok, moved here last month.

Everyone I know is away for Songkran. And I have not made any plans for Songkran as I thought I will be busy with my new apartment (which is not going to be ready until next month). Does anyone have any fun activities this holdiday that I could join in? I'm keen to build up new social circle here and make this is more comfortable for the next 12 months or so.

cheers

Everyone I know is away for Songkran. And I have not made any plans for Songkran as I thought I will be busy with my new apartment (which is not going to be ready until next month). Does anyone have any fun activities this holdiday that I could join in? I'm keen to build up new social circle here and make this is more comfortable for the next 12 months or so.

cheers

I realise that hoping to meet with people during Songkran is not something that could be turned around that quickly. Any other ocassions to make new friends would be great too.

If you are open to embracing a newbie in Bangkok, let me know.

Happy Songkran to all!

:D

Just get out there, get yourself a bg to party with and I am sure that at the end of the day you will have more friends than you would have hoped to have :D

Happy Happy Songkran to you too, New in Bangkok!!! :o

cheers

I realise that hoping to meet with people during Songkran is not something that could be turned around that quickly. Any other ocassions to make new friends would be great too.

If you are open to embracing a newbie in Bangkok, let me know.

Happy Songkran to all!

I would say Songkran is a great time to meet new people.... everyone is extra friendly and having a big party... go for it, join in.. don't be shy

totster :o

I did go to Khao San... nobody warned me that the place is full of teenagers! :o

Anyway, managed to keep myself decently dry and free from powder. But when I got back to Sukhumvit, I was totally drenched!

But great fun! Can't say that I made any friends but it was a fun way to spend Songrkan.

Great tips guys.

Don't normally buy guys drink... is it acceptable for ladies to pay for drinks in BKK without sending the wrong message?

Where are you from? How old are you? What do you like doing? etc etc

Maybe some people from here will meet up with you for some drinks or some food, tell us a little about yourself :o

I'm from Singapore. 35 yo. I do sports like tennis, rollerblading and cycling. Shopping and travelling are things I enjoy too. And of course I enjoy hanging out with cool people. :o Oh ya, I'm also trying to get back into softball and diving.

This is not my first expatriation. I have also lived in other countries in the region (as far south as Australia and as far north as China.

Post a Ladies Night Out proposition in the Ladies Section - I'm pretty positive you'll have takers. :o

Thanks for the advise. I just started a new topic "Ladies Night Out in Bangkok' (not sure where the Ladies Section is). Hopefully the response would be encouraging.

Are you male or female? Can you tell me more about yourself?

normally making friends in bkk is greatly helped by opening wallet and buying drinks. try it, you'll be amazed

Come on Moonchaser, don't spoil it...

Lady

As you've probably noticed, as soon as you told you were a lady, everything came brighter :D ... I love those guys :o