Choosing to eat healthy

Phronesis

I always try to eat a healthy diet.

However, last week, I was presented with a bit of a conundrum while eating out at a moo gattat (barbeque) restaurant with my girlfriend.

There before me in the self serve bain marie trays were three different processed food choices:

1. Angry birds

2. Pandas

3. Nemos

I pondered for a moment and then realised that the Angry Birds could be viewed as poultry, the Pandas as red meat, and the Nemos as seafood. Happy with my epiphany, I filled my plate up with Nemos as I am currently trying to stock up on Omega 3.

What would you have done?

Nothing will give you salmonella faster than eating at one of those cheap, all you can eat, outdoor bbq places - enjoy the bacteria - it's free!

after bbq salmonella is dead....the start dying at 60-70 degree

• Like 1

Nothing will give you salmonella faster than eating at one of those cheap, all you can eat, outdoor bbq places - enjoy the bacteria - it's free!

Right ! Even for free I won't eat there.

But I agree that the first year all this shit cheap food was amazing, enjoy your life Newbie, it won't last long !

after bbq salmonella is dead....the start dying at 60-70 degree

Whatever helps you get through the diarrhea lol...

I eat at those places regularly and have never had a problem. We also take guests in town visiting to them and they have never had a problem. The only way to get close to a guarantee on quality, well prepared, healthy food, is to do it yourself.

To the OP, I would choose the angry birds and pandas, i know fish is good for you but just dont like it.

I eat at those places regularly and have never had a problem. We also take guests in town visiting to them and they have never had a problem. The only way to get close to a guarantee on quality, well prepared, healthy food, is to do it yourself.

To the OP, I would choose the angry birds and pandas, i know fish is good for you but just dont like it.

if it is bbq it is safe unless it is complete rotten down....or the bacteria sit on the salad.

I have a diarrhea again. I went to eat in a cheap Thai restaurant that looks very nice inside, it's an air-conditioned place. They prepare the food outside on a dirty, old wooden table, without sheet or cutting board, which they never clean.They cut fresh vegetables and meat on the same table. Rats are running around everywhere.

The strange thing is, I get sick 1 in 3 times I go to eat there. But others, including my 5 year old son, never seem to get sick. So,I thought I was getting sick for other reasons and 2 days ago I went there again. Since then I have been running to the toilet. When I drink water it comes out, as water, on the other end after 5 minutes.

Why do I get sick and several others not, time after time again? We ate the same food.

(In general I like Thai food and I never get sick when I go to eat in a clean place.)

It is rather embarrassing to refuse to go a restaurant because I think it's dirty, while everyone else never has any problem with it. It's like what they offer to you isn't good enough for you ....

Edited by kriswillems