Single-entry non-O visa

I am not sure how this visa works. Someone said you can apply for this visa for the purpose of traveling to Thailand to apply for successive one-year extensions of stay for the reason of retirement. Is this correct? Also, in order to get a multiple entry non O-A visa you have to furnish all sorts of documentation at the Thai embassy in the US to get this type of visa but it sounds like with the single-entry non-O visa you don't have to supply the required documentation that is needed for the multiple non O-A such as police report, health form, bank statement etc. I know I am missing something here thus my posting to get these two visas straightened out in my head. Do you need to supply the same required documentation for a retirement visa for the single-entry non-O as you do for the multiple non-O-A visa, and if so, when do you need to submit this documentation, before or after you are in Thailand?

The only additional thing is police report and medical - to extend in Thailand will still require a non immigrant visa entry and financial proof (in Thailand rather than maybe having in home country). For the O visa you need to show over age 50 and say it is for retirement plans (from an honorary Consulate) or also show financials for conversion in Thailand from visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

So to obtain an O visa you don't have to supply a police or medical but just financials in your country to the Thai consulate and once in Thailand you would somehow convert the O visa to a retirement visa?

Travelling with a non-O visa, once in Thailand you would apply at your local immigration office for a one-year extension of stay for the reason of retirement (retirement extension), fee THB 1,900

I you cannot get the non-O visa you travel to Thailand visa-exempt or with a tourist and then at your local immigration office first apply for a visa change to non-O (fee THB 2,000), followed by an application for retirement extension.

So maybe I am missing something here but it would appear that if you can obtain a non-immigrant visa O before leaving for Thailand then upon arriving in Thailand you apply for a retirement extension, you don't have to supply a medical or police report at any point during this process. Is this correct or am I missing something?