Bangkok Police chief to test badminton skills against new world champ Ratchanok

webfact

Police chief to test badminton skills against new world champ Ratchanok
The Nation

30212568-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok police chief Pol Lt-General Camronwit Toopgrajank will this afternoon play a friendly badminton match with newly crowned world champion Ratchanok Intanon at the Metropolitan Police Bureau.

He also revealed that he and a group of friends had raised Bt500,000 to help cover her training costs, and said the amount could reach Bt700,000 by the time they meet for the friendly match.

Camronwit insisted he wasn't just caught up in the sudden media frenzy following the teenage athlete's recent win, but had contacted her about the friendly match even before she clinched the world women's title in Guangzhou on Sunday.

He said Ratchanok, 18, would be able to compete until the age of 30 provided she is disciplined, trains hard and does not get carried away by fame or temptation.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-08-14

Funny how the money and plaudits flows in after someone wins.

Before that, fend for yourself

Ever noticed how incidental the muaythai champ himself becomes when the trophies and sponsors' prize money are being handed out at the end? It's a cast of thousands.
  • Like 1

Ridiculous PR exercise to attempt repairing his scuttled reputation caused by having his brown wings fixed on his lapel by the convict. Sack him immediately and find a police chief that doesn't openly kiss the ass of fugitives on the run.

Sold to the highest bidder

At one point James Wattana, the snooker player, was supported by the Thai Snooker Association or whatever it's called and i think it was around B40,000 a month but this was years ago. His form dipped and he was told to win or else ! Everyone loves a winner.

I used to have neighbour who bought a new football shirt every year and it depended on who won the English Premiership, of course he was always a " life long " fan.

"He said Ratchanok, 18, would be able to compete until the age of 30 provided she is disciplined, trains hard and does not get carried away by fame or temptation."

Is disciplined, trains hard, avoids temptation, all this from this man, who does not heed his any of his own words of wisdom, sweet irony indeed.

• Like 1

"He said Ratchanok, 18, would be able to compete until the age of 30 provided she is disciplined, trains hard and does not get carried away by fame or temptation."

And he knows this, because-------?

Because, in his youff, he was a high school champion and he fell for all 3, including also other nefarious character failures? If only, he mused, "I hadn't been so wasteful of my talents....., and done something for the glory of the country, instead of myself".

Cue laughter from assembled journalists....

Edited by Thai at Heart

It's a veiled command.
  • Like 2

I"m sure he knows a lot about temptation or is it on his pay slip as " sundries and other payments " ?

Non accountable of course

• Like 1

So badminton makes a good bobby then, best get all out training, we will teach the new champ to set up tressel tables and devise a schedule for all Bobbies, another great phot opportunity beckons. Next year she will be forgotten, unless she wins again.

Who are all these people that appear out of the woodwork when the TV cameras descend on the latest symbol of national pride, the light fades quick here, super stars come and go.

Ever noticed how incidental the muaythai champ himself becomes when the trophies and sponsors' prize money are being handed out at the end? It's a cast of thousands.

That's pretty normal for the fight scene though.

That's pretty normal for the fight scene though.

True. After I'd written it, Don King came to mind.