LINE 'secretly' cooperating with TCSD on chat records, Pisit tell the press

webfact

I read yesterday that there will be key words that will set of alarm bells; terrorism, government, drugs, prostitution, etc. 

My idea would be for every user to somehow create a template/macro to include these key words with every message they send. For example; Hi! terrorism, drugs, prostitution, etc

See how they get on with checking 7 million people doing that every message, every day. 

We all should do that with every email Skype call messenger etc to test the NSA and their buddies until they break.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

However, Pol Maj Gen Pisit Paoin said his division would only check for information on people suspected of committing a subversive act or crime online, and not on all Line users' conversations.

That's why Patongtae is against their snooping.

• Like 1

I am sure if Thai users started posting comments on Naver's app page about how they are likely to reveal details of user chats then that would make them think again about giving out information to the Thai police.

A remark like that would surely hit the number of downloads.

I actually like reading news like this. Actions that are so bizarre, that they clearly show the end is near. Or maybe show that this guy is insane, for traveling down a path that is sure to anger virtually every Thai citizen, with even Yingluck voicing concern. As I have said before, Thailand is terrified of an Arab Spring here in Asia. Social media was a significant part of that uprising, hence Thailand's crackdown on Facebook as well as messaging media like Line.

It may be hard to tell from some of the posts I have made, but I really like Thailand and its people. What a fantastic place this would be with a government whose sole intent was NOT to loot the country....

As the government keeps ramping up pressure on social media, I am pretty sure that Thai Visa will feel the heat as well, and start deleting any posts that are critical of the government.. :-(

• Like 2

Oh come on.....it's comical.

" I'm here to let you know that LINE are secretly cooperating "

Someone should explain the concept of secrecy to him. coffee1.gif

C'mon. he must be good in handling secrets. How else was it possible to climb the ranks while suffering from such an advanced stage of paranoia?

Edited by TackyToo

Thailand is the third-biggest country for Line, after Japan and Taiwan, with over 15 million users.

Looks like they lost 7 million users in just a couple of days. thumbsup.gif

Can you back that statement up in any way?

Nope, just taking the piss like Pisit. whistling.gif

What's in a name biggrin.png

Since I almost never use Line, I think I'll uninstall it and send them an email telling them why. Maybe an uninstall Line Facebook page would help.

The reason why the US government makes the most ridiculous decisions as if every congressman and senator has a gun to their heads is because

the NSA had "dirt" on them and threaten to expose them. (theory based on evidence so I think not far off) and this is exactly the type of tyranny

this gov't is working towards. When the people fear the gov't, there's tyranny and I think the desperados are thinking this is the only way to

push their agenda. That's what I think. wai2.gif

• Like 1

They all copy the USA eventually. Very sad to be honest. One would think that the rest of the world would wake up and realise that they are not the best example to follow.

All indications that I've seen, show that the Chinese are much more fervent on digital eavesdropping than the Americans. I can't prove it, and neither can you prove it one way or the other. But I have heard that legions of Chinese go to work each day with one express purpose: to eavesdrop on the US and their friends - particularly to get weapons-related data.

• Like 1

As the government keeps ramping up pressure on social media, I am pretty sure that Thai Visa will feel the heat as well, and start deleting any posts that are critical of the government.. :-(

Won't be many post left to read then tongue.png

I read yesterday that there will be key words that will set of alarm bells; terrorism, government, drugs, prostitution, etc.

My idea would be for every user to somehow create a template/macro to include these key words with every message they send. For example; Hi! terrorism, drugs, prostitution, etc

See how they get on with checking 7 million people doing that every message, every day.

It's rare to see a thread with almost everybody in total agreement. LOL -- that certainly says something about the attitude of people toward the main character, and that attitude isn't a good one. I guess he's one of the guys who makes it obvious when he's telling lies -- his lips are moving.

Anyway, I like this idea, but I suspect some people may think that it's a dangerous one because we would waste the TCSD's time by having them look at a bunch of red herrings while the real terrorist...prostitution...government...drugs guys get to send their scheming communications undetected.

Well, ya...right. If I'm a terrorist...prostitution...government...drugs kinda guy who wants to plan something that compromises the security of Thailand, am I going to spell it out in obvious language? No! Of course, I'm going to be cryptic and refer to explosives as "toys" and things like that. And if the terrorist...prostitution...government...drugs guys are stupid enough to spell it out, then they're too stupid to pull it off.

Let's face it, people's security being the reason for things like this communication monitoring and the US's Patriot Act is complete and utter bullsh*t. These governments (aka big businesses) are afraid that people are going to get to a point where they have had enough of the growing division between the rich and the poor, as well as other similar socioeconomic problems and begin a revolution -- just like what has been happening in Egypt and that area of the world. They want as much info and power as possible when the sh*t starts to hit the fan, so they try to justify removing people's rights and privacy by saying it's for your protection .

There seems to be paranoia in the Thai government that is getting to a point that challenges sanity.

Edited by Wavefloater
  • Like 2

They all copy the USA eventually. Very sad to be honest. One would think that the rest of the world would wake up and realise that they are not the best example to follow.

All indications that I've seen, show that the Chinese are much more fervent on digital eavesdropping than the Americans. I can't prove it, and neither can you prove it one way or the other. But I have heard that legions of Chinese go to work each day with one express purpose: to eavesdrop on the US and their friends - particularly to get weapons-related data.

Indeed, and thats why they're always steps behind.....copying things. They are good at censorship; mobs/protesters surface daily in China. Hard to control with all of the different groups of people there; but can't stop it with the percentage of those who are internet savvy as well as those savvy who have friends, family...eventually words get out, people talk.

My guess would be the same type of "secret" as the G to G rice sales.

What possible damage can another little white lie produce? Especially

when it's for "our own good"?

Won't be many post left to read then tongue.png

Maybe only the Pub section will be left, as long as bar girls are not made fun of ?? What a depressing path for such a lovely country to go down... :-( The Shinawatras have truly been a curse upon Thailand. Wait, can I still say that ?

• Like 1

My idea would be for every user to somehow create a template/macro to include these key words with every message they send. For example; Hi! terrorism, drugs, prostitution, etc

It's rare to see a thread with almost everybody in total agreement. LOL -- that certainly says something about the attitude of people toward the main character, and that attitude isn't a good one. I guess he's one of the guys who makes it obvious when he's telling lies -- his lips are moving.

Anyway, I like this idea, but I suspect some people may think that it's a dangerous one because we would waste the TCSD's time by having them look at a bunch of red herrings while the real terrorist...prostitution...government...drugs guys get to send their scheming communications undetected.

Well, ya...right. If I'm a terrorist...prostitution...government...drugs kinda guy who wants to plan something that compromises the security of Thailand, am I going to spell it out in obvious language? No! Of course, I'm going to be cryptic and refer to explosives as "toys" and things like that. And if the terrorist...prostitution...government...drugs guys are stupid enough to spell it out, then they're too stupid to pull it off.

Let's face it, people's security being the reason for things like this communication monitoring and the US's Patriot Act is complete and utter bullsh*t. These governments (aka big businesses) are afraid that people are going to get to a point where they have had enough of the growing division between the rich and the poor, as well as other similar socioeconomic problems and begin a revolution -- just like what has been happening in Egypt and that area of the world. They want as much info and power as possible when the sh*t starts to hit the fan, so they try to justify removing people's rights and privacy by saying it's for your protection .

There seems to be paranoia in the Thai government that is getting to a point that challenges sanity.

They are perfectly sane. They are just thick as pig s**t.

I'd like to eavesdrop on those uniformed old guys, perhaps with Chalerm in their group, chugging at bottles of some sort of fermented sugar drink or caffeine drinks, whatever - while they decide who falls below their definition of 'morally correct.'

Incidentally, I've spoken with some mama sangs (taken from the Japanese 'mama san') and yes, they run brothels in Thailand. One thing that may pique some interest is, whenever a new and particularly young girl comes to their 'house of ill repute' the mama sangs are required to clandestinely inform the police chief right away. Why? ....you may ask. Reason: Top cop demands and gets first taste.

Interesting to compare & contrast with Obama's request for Russian cooperation in the Snowden case.

Obama gets openly snubbed = loss of face (= nothing much new for Obama as far as the international community is concerned, who're getting a good private chuckle out of this particular affair anyway)

Pisit however can't contemplate the loss of face and so simply states he got what he wanted... The Japanese understand loss of face; have they issued any outright contradiction? Do they really have any need to? Case closed; what's next on the agenda?

• Like 1

Huh?

Japanese national telecom secretly passes information to Thailand? You really believe this is possible?

The last USA guy who did that is holed up in russia!

Maybe they can live next to each other.

Of course it's possible. Other countries (Middle Eastern ones) got Blackberry to give them access.

I think it matters little; LINE is a proprietary 'black box' system, much like Skype and Facebook, and therefore should not be assumed to be secure.

Please don't tell this to Yingluck and company. They are all using Line because Facebook is compromised by the NSA of the United States. All the cool people of PTP and affiliates are using Line over Facebook and the General is overstepping his authority. Wait for him to backtrack in 3, 2, 1...

I'd like to eavesdrop on those uniformed old guys, perhaps with Chalerm in their group, chugging at bottles of some sort of fermented sugar drink or caffeine drinks, whatever - while they decide who falls below their definition of 'morally correct.'

Incidentally, I've spoken with some mama sangs (taken from the Japanese 'mama san') and yes, they run brothels in Thailand. One thing that may pique some interest is, whenever a new and particularly young girl comes to their 'house of ill repute' the mama sangs are required to clandestinely inform the police chief right away. Why? ....you may ask. Reason: Top cop demands and gets first taste.

Believe me, the 'top cop' just thinks he is first. Cheap bastard would never pay enough to be really first.

According to a writer at ZDNet, LINE Corporation says that as of 14AUG, it had not even received any such request from the Thai police. However, in China, LINE does scan for "politically sensitive phrases" at the behest of the authorities there.

Edited by hawker9000