Australian Tourist Dies After Fainting At a Sattahip Golf Course

Rimmer

Australian Tourist Dies After Fainting At a Sattahip Golf Course

An Australian real estate agent was found dead at a golf course in Sattahip, it was believed he had a heatstroke which eventually led to an heart attack.

SATTAHIP – August 14, 2013 [PDN]; Plutaluang Police in Sattahip district were informed that a foreigner was found dead at the Plutanluang Golf Course.

The man was identified as 63 year-old Olcorn Anthony John, an Australian national, who was reported to be a real estate agent. From thorough inspections, no wounds were found on his body, making it clear that he had died from a heart-related disease.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/08/14/australian-tourist-dies-after-fainting-at-a-sattahip-golf-course/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-08-14

Australian Realtor collapses and dies on Pattaya Golf Course

dead-41.jpg

SATTAHIP: -- A 63 year old Australian Realtor collapsed and died as he prepared to tee-off at a Pattaya Golf Course on Wednesday Morning.

Police and rescue services were called to the Plu Ta Luang Golf Course in Sattahip District and inspected the body of Mr. Anthony John Olcorn known to his friends as Tony “Spaggoni” who played out of the Growling Swan Bar in Soi Chayapoon in Central Pattaya.

The Bar had sent 23 players to the course on Wednesday. The weather conditions were very hot and humid and Police suspect the heat was a contributory factor to Mr. Olcorn’s death. He was also known to be suffering from a long-term heart condition.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/99088/australian-realtor-collapses-dies-pattaya-golf/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-15

Heat? It's winter I don't even need the air-con on. Never found the heat a problem on the golf course, only the beer bars every 3 or 4 holes. Some players are already staggering by the time they get to the 19th hole. Sounds like he had a precondition, I hope he completed a few good holes before he was called above, R.I.P.

"no wounds were found on his body, making it clear that he had died from a heart-related disease.

WOW these Thais are good. Just by looking at the body, no wounds or marks on the exterior so the cause of death is heart decease. In the west, being backward as it is, they still have to really on the old fashioned method called autopsy to establish a cause.

It's a news report .... From Pattaya One ... No one said there would be no autopsy or that the death certificate would be signed by the reporter from Pattaya One.

Wow, these farangs are good. Just by seeing something in print, it must be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth no matter the track record of the source.

I'm surprised that the forensic experts at Thai Visa haven't started in again about railing heights on Thai balconies being at fault.

And the adequacy of those old fashion methods in the west is dubious anyway. I guess CSI and Bones on TV doesn't reflect reality.

A quarter of reports on autopsies requested by UK coroners are poor or unacceptable, concludes an audit of coroners' autopsy practice. The audit report calls for national criteria and standards to improve the quality of autopsies.

The report reviewed coroners' autopsies from one week in May 2005 in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Guernsey, Jersey, and the Isle of Man. Scotland was not included because it operates under a different legal system.

http://www.bmj.com/content/333/7573/824.3

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Seeing he dropped dead on the golf course, suicide should be ruled out.

Hope his playing partners didn't count this stroke on his score card!!!

His caddy won't have got much of a tip for her efforts.???

Worst places to keel over

RIP mate

"no wounds were found on his body, making it clear that he had died from a heart-related disease.

WOW these Thais are good. Just by looking at the body, no wounds or marks on the exterior so the cause of death is heart decease. In the west, being backward as it is, they still have to really on the old fashioned method called autopsy to establish a cause.

It's a news report .... From Pattaya One ... No one said there would be no autopsy or that the death certificate would be signed by the reporter from Pattaya One.

Wow, these farangs are good. Just by seeing something in print, it must be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth no matter the track record of the source.

I'm surprised that the forensic experts at Thai Visa haven't started in again about railing heights on Thai balconies being at fault.

And the adequacy of those old fashion methods in the west is dubious anyway. I guess CSI and Bones on TV doesn't reflect reality.

A quarter of reports on autopsies requested by UK coroners are poor or unacceptable, concludes an audit of coroners' autopsy practice. The audit report calls for national criteria and standards to improve the quality of autopsies.

The report reviewed coroners' autopsies from one week in May 2005 in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Guernsey, Jersey, and the Isle of Man. Scotland was not included because it operates under a different legal system.

I wasn't serious, it was sarcasm.thumbsup.gif

Look up on anywhere you want on the deaths of 3 hopeful SAS recruits. Heat if you are not used to it triggers all sorts of problems

Edited by Rimmer
Flame

Heat? It's winter I don't even need the air-con on. Never found the heat a problem on the golf course, only the beer bars every 3 or 4 holes. Some players are already staggering by the time they get to the 19th hole. Sounds like he had a precondition, I hope he completed a few good holes before he was called above, R.I.P.

Never found the heat a problem? Then I guess you don't live in Thailand. Anyone who as played golf in Thailand in the hot season will have been bothered by the heat on the worst days - unless you take a cart.

Beer bars every 3 or 4 holes? You must be playing with the wrong group. I've seen a lot more intoxicated players on the public courses in Europe and the US.

Seeing he dropped dead on the golf course, suicide should be ruled out.

Hope his playing partners didn't count this stroke on his score card!!!

His caddy won't have got much of a tip for her efforts.???

Worst places to keel over

RIP mate

So you are sure one could not poison oneself to commit suicide in such a lovely place?

If you have to admit it, you probably should define it.