Fighting Thai-Russian couple arrested in Phuket

webfact

Anyone else notice Microsoft Word open on the cop's notebook while he types up the charge sheet.

What do you reckon the chances are that is a legal copy purchased from Microsoft?

Greater than an illegal copy purchased from Microsoft. Any more non sequiturs?

Well here's another thread that serve's the community spirit of Thai Visa. Maybe we could just put the two of them in the street and they could be stoned by the indignantly righteous.

Possibly we should have a forum with daily photos of people who commit the crime of being a bit odd and then everyone at TV can tear them apart for entertainment.

Someone said the photo made him nauseous ... and reading these posts doesn't?

• Like 1

Ganja makes you get into huge violent fights. It's all in the Thai manual. THink they needed to do a little more searching. And just why would a Thai man call the cops? Couldn't he do the culturally approved method of just beating her? Domestic violence is part of "Thainess" , is it not?

Regardless of the circumstances of their dispute, they had too much of 'whatever', and I'm sure there will be a lot of shaking heads and wringing of wrists when they sober up. I'm also guessing that the chance that there will be a repeat offence could be quite high.

However, the comments that I've read here in this thread, from individuals who neither know the couple or particularly care, unfortunately epitomises the 'holier than though' attitude of a great many expats. The irony is, that perhaps many of them have relationships far worse than that in this particular occurence, as well as clicking on a sensationalist headline from a forum that is unknown and alien to the majority, perhaps is indicitive of a craving for a form of stimulation gained from social media. Sad.

• Like 1

Well here's another thread that serve's the community spirit of Thai Visa. Maybe we could just put the two of them in the street and they could be stoned by the indignantly righteous.

Possibly we should have a forum with daily photos of people who commit the crime of being a bit odd and then everyone at TV can tear them apart for entertainment.

Someone said the photo made him nauseous ... and reading these posts doesn't?

However, the comments that I've read here in this thread, from individuals who neither know the couple or particularly care, unfortunately epitomises the 'holier than though' attitude of a great many expats. The irony is, that perhaps many of them have relationships far worse than that in this particular occurence, as well as clicking on a sensationalist headline from a forum that is unknown and alien to the majority, perhaps is indicitive of a craving for a form of stimulation gained from social media. Sad.

cheesy.gif

totster laugh.png

Slightly off topic but I once saw a Russian women given her husband/boyfriend a fearful beating with a shopping bag next to to the police box at the corner of Pattaya tai and second road. The man asked for help and 3 Thai coppers laughed and all I could get was 'mai pen rai". No way were they going to weigh into that. He managed to throw her bag near a baht bus and bolt back towards walking Street when she went to retrieve it.

It's surprising that no weapons have been used in this fight. Both Thai and Russians tend to grab for weapons to finish a fight. Would this be the exception to the general rule, confirming the rule ? Or maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions here..

Edited by stefb1964

It's surprising that no weapons have been used in this fight. Both Thai and Russians tend to grab for weapons to finish a fight. Would this be the exception to the general rule, confirming the rule ? Or maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions here..

It was a domestic dispute between a couple. Why would weapons be involved in the majority of domestic arguments?