chicken farm red tape

maichai40

Hi all,

i live in the surroundings of Chiang Mai and with my wife we had the idea of starting a small chicken farm, let's say about 400 chicken (for eggs selling not free range).

But we found immediately a lot of red tape involved....get authorizathion from major, from our neighbours ( 2 house 50m far each from the project), from the Amphur that has to approve the project, come to inspect facilities and declare at good healthy standards followed by periodic visits to asses the health of the chicken, pay a tax etc.....

Since i read this forum abouth chicken farms i didn't find people talking about so many problems.....are the others just ignoring all this or my Amphur is a "strict" one?

Thank you.

HI maichai40..i have a mate here in Phetchabun who's got a chicken farm he has had so many problems with it he has gone to growing asparagus he says he wished he had done it from the start (his thai wife said chickens) but now she has changed her mind veg easy..hope this may help you..

• Like 1

there is this mega company called CP, have you heard of it?blink.png

yes cp,

but you can still sell eggs round the villages, we sell both duck and chicken, and the people in the village like them because,

1, they are fresh free range eggs, both duck and chicken,

2, they are fertile, and the thais seam to like it that way,

so you can make a bit of money, not going to be rich but there is profit to be made,

jake,

ps the wife allways has a waiting list for people wanting eggs, wwe never have enough,,lol

Yesterday update.....the Mayor said forget about the Amphur, put not more than 300 chickens and it will be ok, keep it clean and enjoy.....smile.png

Mate, maybe strike up a conversation with a member here named MonkeyPants.

He runs a commercial operation and while he posts rarely here, certainly seems to be a switched on sort of guy and might give you a few pointers.

Also read his ... some-good-info-for-pigchicken-farmers