Bangkok: Murdered pregnant woman found bound in duct-tape and stuffed in suitcase

webfact

I find it rather disturbing or sick or whatever you want to call it, that some people here seem to find it necessary to publish such kind of video.

Thoughts like, lack of dignity or totally respectless towards the victim and her family do cross my mind.

It shows how desensitised to the mess that this country has become that a video even exists

Well, I think that pretty much applies to most countries nowadays. It worries me a lot.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Ricardo Choos book: The SPIRIT & VOODOO WORLD OF THAILAND, pregnant women were buried in the foundations of important building projects, some weird stuff out here, a few years back someone got busted for selling human baby fetuses wrapped in gold leaf for magical purposes.

I find it rather disturbing or sick or whatever you want to call it, that some people here seem to find it necessary to publish such kind of video.

Thoughts like, lack of dignity or totally respectless towards the victim and her family do cross my mind.

It shows how desensitised to the mess that this country has become that a video even exists

Well, I think that pretty much applies to most countries nowadays. It worries me a lot.

Well, things like that had always happened...The fact we have videos now, depends on lots of people having i-phones and the likes..There are horrible beings on this Planet, there were here in the past, there will be here in the future..

I've been reading so many of these stories and still I can't figure out how and why people being taught Buddhist principles all their life still are able to commit such grizzly acts. Even more worrying is that probably most of them spent some time of their life at least as a novice in one of the temples.

Ever consider that the population is obsessed with appearances and perceptions, hence the defamation obsession, mirrors on every desk, and face saving compulsions? Buddhism looks good and demands nothing.

Buddhism not only looks good, it is good and as far as I do understand it (been converted years ago and still studying), Buddhism might be much closer to reality and the truth than the big three.

Throughout history, loosing face has been the worst thing that could happen to most people living in Asia.

Unfortunately some of the followers don't seem to comprehend the teachings they received and so they cross the line so easily. It indeed leaves us with the question whether they really care about the teachings and other people before thinking of themself. Karma should really be something they have to be concerned about.

I know... got off topic here, but I thought it might have been usefull to share this.

• Like 1

Well, things like that had always happened...The fact we have videos now, depends on lots of people having i-phones and the likes..There are horrible beings on this Planet, there were here in the past, there will be here in the future..

Let's say that I'm a position in which I face those people. It's with reason I say I worry about the deterioration of our society.

Let's say that I'm a position in which I face those people. It's with reason I say I worry about the deterioration of our society.

( quote )

Well, in my humble opinion, the deterioration of our society, has something to do with overpopulation.

Let's hope for some huge catastrophe, then we can start again with Abel and Cain.

In other words, i share your concern, but this is live on Planet Earth..

Why bash Thailand ? In europe since the euro crisis , how many family's got murdered ? Since 2008 there is an enormous increace of Father's killing there whole family's .

Its very sad these story's . and luckily most of us just can't get used to them as if it was normal .

I hope that she and her unborn child go to a better place , something we all hope for when our time is there .

Sorry but not everybody thinks they will go anywhere when dead and the difference is there WILL be a thorough investigation in Europe.

Hey, look at the Thai flag. These 3 things are what is driving Thai culture. Ultimately, it is a young and insecure country which relies on certain mindsets/attitudes to retain some semblance of social stability.

Like I said , welcome to ASEAN. The rest will follow at some point, smooth or not I don't know- depends on Thailand.

How many killers actually walk free in Bangkok dangerous???? And the Police chiefs are too busy with the intent to spy innocent LINE Teenies...

Watching Thai news now.

Looks like they have a man in custody already. He is an Uzbekistan national. From what I can gather, the victim is not Thai (maybe Uzbekistan also).

No doubt someone who can understand more Thai than me will fill in the gaps.

How many killers actually walk free in Bangkok dangerous???? And the Police chiefs are too busy with the intent to spy innocent LINE Teenies...

Watching Thai news now.

Looks like they have a man in custody already. He is an Uzbekistan national. From what I can gather, the victim is not Thai (maybe Uzbekistan also).

No doubt someone who can understand more Thai than me will fill in the gaps.

CCTV has him carrying a heavy bag ie the suitcase I assume with her in it, he's denying it.

This is the second murder of a pregnant woman in just a few days. Last week they found a young 23 year old shot and dumped in Khao Sok national park just north of Phuket.

My suggestion is that in both cases, the women are giks and have fallen pregnant to their already married boyfriends.

The Thai males, as always, take the easiest path to avoid loosing face.

My wife & I had planned to work hard for 10 years here in London, then retire to LOS, 14 months into that plan & already it looks highly unlikely, the more we read, the more we both feel Thailand is changing for the worst, each day the stories tend to get worse,this is yet another horrific killing, I really don't know what future Thailand has if it keeps going the way it is. Maybe this is the beginning of the end for the land of smiles.

What's this thing about Buddhists not supposed to kill any living creatures? The Five Precepts of Bhuddism actually are: no killing, stealing, lying, sexual misconduct and intoxication....Have the Thais been reading different scriptures?

What makes you think this was done by a Buddhist? The murderer could be from any religion. One that doesn't practice their religion.

Go and ask him when they find him.

Odds are 99% he is a Buddhist

Not likely to be a Methodist.

We are supposed to protect women and children in this life. I can't even begin to understand how anyone could harm or kill a pregnant woman. The karma coming the killers way will be very bad indeed I think. Get the DNA from the unborn child and you may have some info on the killer I think also. Rest in Peace both Mother and Child.

RIP to the victim and her unborn child. Hope her murderer will be found (looks like they already have him) and sentenced accordingly.

Even more shocking than the actual crime was the TV footage, showing the victim and her most private parts in full color, unobscured (not pixelated like usually any gun, cigarette, butt or private parts would be in any footage shown on TV or film in Thailand). Felt very sorry for the victim to be disgraced in public, on the internet, and on national TV by such insensitive morons...

I mentioned this hypocrisy in regards to what Thais decide to censor and what not in several previous posts, thus don't want to repeat myself. It however shocks me anew each time, even after 22 years. When it comes to portraying crime, accidents or other gruesome display, the locals seem to lose it completely, all the time! To me it appears like a good 90% of the Thai population is into Gore for whatever sick reason. Thinking back to that posted question of what frightens us expats here in Thailand, I by now can say, that the above actually does not frighten me, but honestly - it makes me feel uneasy.

Edited by catweazle

And also too busy screwing money out of Us Farangs to support their gambling wives and Mia Noi's

What's this thing about Buddhists not supposed to kill any living creatures? The Five Precepts of Bhuddism actually are: no killing, stealing, lying, sexual misconduct and intoxication....Have the Thais been reading different scriptures?

How do you know he was a Buddhist?

• Like 1

Whatever the woman had done, the murderer knew that he was also killing the unborn child. Serious bad karma for someone who likely does not possess a soul anyway. What a shame that in 500 000 years of evolution we have never managed to eradicate the murderous, cruelty and nasty genes from our species.

65 million years of evolution, ever since chicxulub, or 2 million since the first upright, thinking primates...

To be fair I think all religions prohibit killing people, yet all faiths have their own nutjobs.

And also too busy screwing money out of Us Farangs to support their gambling wives and Mia Noi's

Maybe you just are in the wrong places wrong times,

Whatever the woman had done, the murderer knew that he was also killing the unborn child. Serious bad karma for someone who likely does not possess a soul anyway. What a shame that in 500 000 years of evolution we have never managed to eradicate the murderous, cruelty and nasty genes from our species.

65 million years of evolution, ever since chicxulub, or 2 million since the first upright, thinking primates...

Steady on,you will have the creationists choking on their cornflakes. Anyway, I was only thing since the advent of Neanderthai Man ;)

Rest in peace, poor souls

Who says she was killed by either a Buddhist or a Thai? How about a farang not wanting to be a father?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

does seem to be a bit western, been quite a few jammed in suitcases here in OZ, in 1 particular case it was a child and the c*s burnt the poor little bugger, the trial is not long finished....

Rest in peace, poor souls

Who says she was killed by either a Buddhist or a Thai? How about a farang not wanting to be a father?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

does seem to be a bit western, been quite a few jammed in suitcases here in OZ, in 1 particular case it was a child and the c*s burnt the poor little bugger, the trial is not long finished....

sorry, posted before I read that they had a suspect, if he is guilty throw the book at him and the key in the creek..

I am speechless. Thailand seems to sink lower every

Hmmm I find this sort of crime horribly disturbing. I have limited experience with Thailand and Thai people.. I also have a gf that is pregnant and I feel this more now than I would normally. RIP mother and child

There is no mention that the killing was by Buddhists...