Democrats, PAD join forces to fight 'Thaksin regime'

webfact

If the people you are backing up so much had any interest in educating the poor...why didn't they do it long ago?

Sure Thaksin and his gang are feeding on that...but to blame him for the uneducated masses is simply bizarre.

Thailand is no democracy and (IMHO) will never be!

It is just not enough to let people vote every now and again and then stand up and shout "Look! We are a democracy!"

There is no freedom of speech f.e. but then again...there never was!

"Lest majeste" rings a bell, maybe?

And if the powers that be have enough of one government, there is always the army, to make things "right"!

Do you really believe, Thailand would be a better or even a different country, with another colored government?

Seriously?

I don't 'back up' any side. The present government, despite its high turnover of education ministers, is clearly not putting education anywhere on its agenda.

It's difficult to criticise the Opposition as their input is stifled by this government's inability/unwillingness to debate policy.

If Thaksin is the de-facto leader of this government, then I can blame him for the uneducated masses, and his intention to maintain the status quo.

I agree totally with your comments about thailand's democracy, although I'd hope that at least in a few generations time things will change. Perhaps a final realisation that the world is bigger than Thailand will be the start, but who knows?

I don't think your phrase 'have enough of one government' is correct. My version would be 'have enough of the actions of one government'. That's only my opinion.

Will President Thaksin have laws to protect his empire?

I don't believe the colour of a government is relevant. It's policies and intentions I believe in. If Yingluck, ability or not, was leading a government intent on improving the lives of Thai people and their country, I'd be cheering.

So the Dems and the PAD are to join forces again?

Just like the good old days of 2005-2006.

Are the dems preparing to resign their seats again?

Will they boycott a general election again preferring to take to the streets?

Why are they so opposed to reform?

My take is that the lines have been drawn and on no account can Thaksin ever return because what would follow if public and international scrutiny were to fall on the judicial processes used in his convictions?

Tony Blair coming has got a lot of correspondents here apoplectic.

We had reconciliation talks over Ireland. The Good Friday Agreement. They have worked quite well.

No supporter of his but here I support tony Blair's appearance, bland though it will probably be. Would that Abhisit's erstwhile schoolfriend Boris Johnson come that would be helpful too.

Bangkok's mayor tried to get Abhisit to hold last minute talks with the redshirts but failed.

Ever more the Dems paint themselves into a corner.

Their time is running out .They are not a credible opposition. They should reform themselves as an opposition party is very healthy for democracy.

Throughout this parliament they have sought at every turn through the courts to get the government banned from office. This has almost been their sole tactic. They offer no policies.

they don't care about any repercussions. They appear to be hellbent on confrontation and taking the country to the brink.

However I don't think the electorate take them seriously anymore and so they will continue with their antics but they are fooling less and less people..

• Like 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nurse in a temple administrating first aid to the unarmed, shot by the army. Foreign journalist shot in the back whilst running away from the army shooters. Who was the Prime Minister then?

This could go on for a long time...

Allegedly needs to precede shot and shot in your post. No confirmed eye witnesses that saw the shootings. No confirmation of balistics matching the weapon to the bullet. All circumstantial evidence.

Are you still denying that the army were responsible for the deaths at the Wat? Un #### ing believable!

Looks like like we are in for another push from the red apologist boiler room hoping to prepare the way for Thaksin's return. Lots of fresh names to the fray. Now that is believable.

So, let me get this right: having failed to defeat the present government through democratic means (the ballot box), the Democrat Party are to ally themselves with an organisation dedicated to overthrowing the government through non democratic means?

I wonder if they have offered to cancel Sondhi Limthongkuls debts if he helps them into power?

• Like 2

So, let me get this right: having failed to defeat the present government through democratic means (the ballot box), the Democrat Party are to ally themselves with an organisation dedicated to overthrowing the government through non democratic means?

I wonder if they have offered to cancel Sondhi Limthongkuls debts if he helps them into power?

No they are both opposed to the return of Thaksin, so it makes sense to have a chit-chat. You, being a Thaksin apologist are obviously wanting to lay out the red carpet.

If the people you are backing up so much had any interest in educating the poor...why didn't they do it long ago?

Sure Thaksin and his gang are feeding on that...but to blame him for the uneducated masses is simply bizarre.

It is just not enough to let people vote every now and again and then stand up and shout "Look! We are a democracy!"

And if the powers that be have enough of one government, there is always the army, to make things "right"!

Do you really believe, Thailand would be a better or even a different country, with another colored government?

Seriously?

I don't 'back up' any side. The present government, despite its high turnover of education ministers, is clearly not putting education anywhere on its agenda.

It's difficult to criticise the Opposition as their input is stifled by this government's inability/unwillingness to debate policy.

If Thaksin is the de-facto leader of this government, then I can blame him for the uneducated masses, and his intention to maintain the status quo.

I agree totally with your comments about thailand's democracy, although I'd hope that at least in a few generations time things will change. Perhaps a final realisation that the world is bigger than Thailand will be the start, but who knows?

I don't think your phrase 'have enough of one government' is correct. My version would be 'have enough of the actions of one government'. That's only my opinion.

I don't believe the colour of a government is relevant. It's policies and intentions I believe in. If Yingluck, ability or not, was leading a government intent on improving the lives of Thai people and their country, I'd be cheering.

My take is that the lines have been drawn and on no account can Thaksin ever return because what would follow if public and international scrutiny were to fall on the judicial processes used in his convictions?

We had reconciliation talks over Ireland. The Good Friday Agreement. They have worked quite well.

No supporter of his but here I support tony Blair's appearance, bland though it will probably be. Would that Abhisit's erstwhile schoolfriend Boris Johnson come that would be helpful too.

Bangkok's mayor tried to get Abhisit to hold last minute talks with the redshirts but failed.

Their time is running out .They are not a credible opposition. They should reform themselves as an opposition party is very healthy for democracy.

Throughout this parliament they have sought at every turn through the courts to get the government banned from office. This has almost been their sole tactic. They offer no policies.

they don't care about any repercussions. They appear to be hellbent on confrontation and taking the country to the brink.

However I don't think the electorate take them seriously anymore and so they will continue with their antics but they are fooling less and less people..

Nothing to do with reform (other than changing the constitution to facilitate Thaksin's whitewash) or the absolutely bogus reconciliation (fancy trying to sell that old pair of socks). Only one subject on the agenda and that is the return of Thakin. Looks like Thaksins cheerleader team on the forum have been given instructions to put out the line that it is not about him. Good luck with that one. Poor effort so far, but they have only just started the latest round.

Edited by yoshiwara

Seriously?

Nothing to do with reform (other than changing the constitution to facilitate Thaksin's whitewash) or the absolutely bogus reconciliation (fancy trying to sell that old pair of socks). Only one subject on the agenda and that is the return of Thakin. Looks like Thaksins cheerleader team on the forum have been given instructions to put out the line that it is not about him. Good luck with that one. Poor effort so far, but they have only just started the latest round.
Certainly seems he's upset about something. I'm hope he's feeling better now he's got that lot off his chest.

I expect Abhisit, the Democrats, the army..........., but Boris Johnson is a new one.

Difficult to have any opinion on the Opposition when PT are running the country on 'we have the majority so we can do anything' lines.

Please, red apologists tell me what Thailand will be like if this government achieves its goals un-opposed.

Democrats, PAD join forces to fight 'Thaksin regime'

When were they ever "seperate Forces" except in denials issued by both the Democrats and PAD ???

They are one and the same and always have been - By the way did you check out the Squawks on the weekend, biggrin.png The Manning Face makes a Pre-Season appearance.

Edited by LomSak27