Availability of the Bangkok Post Newspaper in the Hang Dong area

Gladiator

I wonder if anyone can help -

Although I realize I can access this newspaper online, for various reasons I prefer hard copy. To date I have been buying it from the vendor situated by the 7-11 on the 108 highway from Chiang Mai to Hang Dong - just before the left turn to the Dog and Bone Pub/Restaurant. However recently the time of arrival at this newspaper stand has become very 'hit and miss'. I never seem to be able to find the newspaper at Rimpings. Does anyone know of an alternative regular source in Hang Dong?

Many thanks,

By the way - if you are a fan of Kanom Jeep, the Thai dumplings with soi sauce, crispy garlic and a little green salad on the side. The wife of the newspaper vendor by the 7-11 makes and sells terrific ones.

Gladiator

Newspaper 089-7560123

Heya mate ...I got this local delivery guy number from a friend ...he delivers to the Moobaan in the hang dong area every at between 3-4pm

You need to speak Thai to set it up or a partner can help out easily

Prices are the same as the newsstand and there is no delivery charges ..you can even pick what days you want the delivery (I pick Thursday to Sunday as I like the supplemental magazines)

He collects the money at the end of the month with no fuss.

• Like 1

Newspaper 089-7560123

Heya mate ...I got this local delivery guy number from a friend ...he delivers to the Moobaan in the hang dong area every at between 3-4pm

You need to speak Thai to set it up or a partner can help out easily

Prices are the same as the newsstand and there is no delivery charges ..you can even pick what days you want the delivery (I pick Thursday to Sunday as I like the supplemental magazines)

He collects the money at the end of the month with no fuss.

Thanks Lawrence,

Thats great !

I subscribe to the Bangkok Post directly. It is delivered about noon every day. The cost, around two years ago when I subscribed, was the equivalent of 14.5B per day, including delivery. This is less than half the newsstand cost of 30B, so I think it's a great deal. The contact information then was 02 240 3777, ext. 1606, 1613, 1621 or 1634-1637.

• Like 1

I live quite a bit out on the other side of town and have the BKK Post and assorted Thai magazines delivered everyday at around 8 pm. Not really a problem fro me as I read breaking and international news on the internet and just read yesterday's rag with my morning coffee for the local stuff and the Thai take on things. Took a bit of searching by having my GF go around to some of the village's shops etc. to find some names until someone said "mai pen rai". We pay at the end of the month retail price with no service charge to our friendly middle aged paperboy who always brings a little joy to my front gate with his big smile and constant laughter.

I subscribe to the Bangkok Post directly. It is delivered about noon every day. The cost, around two years ago when I subscribed, was the equivalent of 14.5B per day, including delivery. This is less than half the newsstand cost of 30B, so I think it's a great deal. The contact information then was 02 240 3777, ext. 1606, 1613, 1621 or 1634-1637.

Many Thanks...

I subscribed to the Bangkok Post for the first 2 years I was here. They are very much into doing "promotions". Get on the phone with a sales rep and make an offer. They always start high like 6K THB per year and come down in price. The second year I wasn't happy with the price I was quoted and said "cancel my subscription" and hung up. About 3 or 4 days later another rep called and made me an offer of like 1/2 off the advertised price - which I accepted. They delivered to Sansai by 9:30 every morning.