Price of water units in Samui

Hi every one,

I will change house next month, before water was included, now the lady owner told us the water 20 Bahts per unit, someone could tell me if it's cubic meter?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Tchooptip

It is usually a cubic meter - but ask to make sure.

The 'average' household will use less than one cubic meter per day. Washing machines and dishwashers will blow this 'average'.

If there is a pool - expect some big bills from time to time and watch out for water leaks. They can be expensive.

Yes it;s a cubic metre. I would love to pay only 20 Baht a unit. I think my house on the mainland is about 8 Baht per unit for govt water but my island home is 150B a unit normally but can get as high as 400B!! a unit depending on availability...

Yes it;s a cubic metre. I would love to pay only 20 Baht a unit. I think my house on the mainland is about 8 Baht per unit for govt water but my island home is 150B a unit normally but can get as high as 400B!! a unit depending on availability...

I'm lucky then. After 30 cubes per month, mine goes up to 100 baht per unit. (Private supplier.)

Good price.

Checked my bill 19,8 baht / unit.

Then there the fixed amounts so it comes up to 22-23 for goverment water.

Thanks every one, most thanks PoorSucker for checking your billbiggrin.png

I am reassured... for me 20 B a unit is a honest price, but my wife seems not to believe it's per cubic meter so per 1000 liters!

Dear wife is still mad for she is convince its prohibitive even thought I showed her your answer saying it is an honnest price, she stubbornly concluded: for falang maybe not for Thai people .

She almost never ever argued, but whenshe does... facepalm.gif She tried to convince me to rent for 3 months only, then if we no have 3000 Baht for water whe'll rent for more. OK said I.

for falang maybe not for Thai people .

The bill is not for me it's clearly for my wife as it's in Thai. wink.png

attachicon.gifImage1.jpg

Thanks very kind of you, PS ! (in fact she meant never too expensive for falang but for Thai people it is)

now she saw your bill.... but YOU... have Naampapa, so you have everything in it tongue.png

(that is to say chlorine, good for whita skine we no have)

sorry sightly off topic but i would need an answer. does anyone know what the current electric is per unit. i herd it had rise to over 5 baht per unit and is not in the 6 region thanks

4.10-4.5 / unit with Vat and all fixed costs.

sorry sightly off topic but i would need an answer. does anyone know what the current electric is per unit. i herd it had rise to over 5 baht per unit and is not in the 6 region thanks

thanks i though ti was 6.6

basic unit 3.5855bt

ft rate 0.4692bt

vat 0.28382bt

total 4.338bt

The only thing to change is the ft rate as it varies with oil price so if that changes the vat will be a bit more. But as PS says just use his figures and you will be ok.

basic unit 3.5855bt

ft rate 0.4692bt

vat 0.28382bt

total 4.338bt

The only thing to change is the ft rate as it varies with oil price so if that changes the vat will be a bit more. But as PS says just use his figures and you will be ok.

Thank you John1