Good Hobby Shops? Looking for DJI products in Phuket

RedCardinal

I was also searching for RC hobby shops in Phuket for a Phantom but found none. The best options I could find were in Bangkok, or a couple of established Chinese companies that seem quite reliable. Where did you buy yours? Do you use it for photography?

I only know 4 shops on phuket. The one in Chalong and 3 in Phuket town but non of them a good stock hobby shop. I get most of my stuff from hobbyking.com. DJI are also special product.

Edited by gamba

Thanks for replies.

I buy some stuff online from Hobbyking but they don't stock any DJI products, and have also bought from a few online Thai stores. Best I've found is Khun Prasit at twinprohobby.com - very good service, and lowest prices I've found here. But I would love to have a good local shop to visit when I need help or want to see products first.

I did once go to the RC shop on Chaofa road, but he didn't stock any DJI but could order from Bangkok. He might have been having a bad day as friendly he most certainly was not.

I was flying near Friendship Beach recently and a guy stopped to chat. He told me that there is a French man selling these somewhere in Patong. Would love to find out where. I got my Phantom in Europe, and have a Gopro 3 Black on it. Have FPV also, but really dying to get a good gimbal to steady the camera. Great toy, fun hobby, and actually has some business potential.

Thanks for replies.

I buy some stuff online from Hobbyking but they don't stock any DJI products, and have also bought from a few online Thai stores. Best I've found is Khun Prasit at twinprohobby.com - very good service, and lowest prices I've found here. But I would love to have a good local shop to visit when I need help or want to see products first.

I did once go to the RC shop on Chaofa road, but he didn't stock any DJI but could order from Bangkok. He might have been having a bad day as friendly he most certainly was not.

I was flying near Friendship Beach recently and a guy stopped to chat. He told me that there is a French man selling these somewhere in Patong. Would love to find out where. I got my Phantom in Europe, and have a Gopro 3 Black on it. Have FPV also, but really dying to get a good gimbal to steady the camera. Great toy, fun hobby, and actually has some business potential.

I was also looking into buying a DJI Phantom.

How do you like it and can you provide some experience with the Phantom.

I would like to use it to make aerial pictures with a GoPro camera.

Don't know if these people can help but walking down Dibuk Road in Phuket Town this morning spotted a small shop selling RC gear. They have a website www.phukethobbymodel.com. Their shop is opposite the Dibuk Pizza & Grill

I was also looking into buying a DJI Phantom.

How do you like it and can you provide some experience with the Phantom.

I would like to use it to make aerial pictures with a GoPro camera.

Super little quadrocopter. More or less flies itself. I had never flown any RC before this, and it's been a learning experience. I killed it on the first few flights where a prop flew off while it was about 50 feet in the air, and it fell straight onto concrete. Had to replace the body, but since then I check everything pre-flight.

I fly with a GoPro3 Black and a FPV ("First Person View") system. Basically I can see what it sees while sitting on the ground, and I can fly first person rather than line-of-sight. Next step is to learn some basic video editing.

The only downside is it is an addictive and expensive hobby. I've just ordered a gimbal to hold my GoPro3 which set me back 23k THB. But I'm fairly sure the difference in the video/image quality will be huge.

If you have the time/budget I'd definitely recommend this machine.

@DaveHKT - Thanks for that. I'll check them out next time in Phuket Town.

I buy a Quadcopter from banggood.com with a camera to about 50 usd with shipping. Work quite good to the price. They have a wide range in price and quality.

I lost it two month ago because I flew to fare away. From about 200 meter it start to be very difficult to see. crying.gif

They also have Walkera QR X350 who look like the DJI Phantom.

Edited by gamba