29 Days Visa - Overstay charge?

Good morning,

My wife and kids landed at BKK on 25th July and are due to fly out after 30 days on 24th August. I've just noticed in their passports, that the immigration officer has only given them 29 days, until 23rd August. Are they looking at an overstay charge, or do you think immigration will acknowledge the mistake?

Regards,

I have been in this situation 2 times. The first time I was ushered through with no problems and the second time I was charged the 500 Baht 1 day fine. It is totally up to the mood of the officer at that time. There is no law that states any over stay of 1 day or of any kind is exempt from the fine. Un like the 90 day report which allows you to report 14 days before and 7 days after your due date.We are talking about 16 bucks here. Is it really worth the time to write about?

Edited by mooris7

I have been in this situation 2 times. The first time I was ushered through with no problems and the second time I was charged the 500 Baht 1 day fine. It is totally up to the mood of the officer at that time. There is no law that states any over stay of 1 day or of any kind is exempt from the fine. Un like the 90 day report which allows you to report 14 days before and 7 days after your due date.We are talking about 16 bucks here. Is it really worth the time to write about?

More worried about being blacklisted than the money. Thinking of coming back to work here next year and don't want any problems.

Cheers,

More worried about being blacklisted than the money. Thinking of coming back to work here next year and don't want any problems.

Cheers,

Do not worry, people have overstayed years and are let back in on returning flight.