I Mugged a Mugger...

klauskunkel

Well done OP, i would probably react too in the same situation...Even if i know it can be dangerous...But i would not go to the Police, obviously there is nothing they can do...And i will keep the ring as a sweet memory :)

Hmmmmm, you changed your signature, hmmmmmm, well the best advice I can give you is DO NOT give autographs to muggers. They don't care how famous you are. coffee1.gif

maybe I should give them your mug? coffee1.gif

Well yeh, never be without a mug whilst jogging eh. smile.png

Well done OP, i would probably react too in the same situation...Even if i know it can be dangerous...But i would not go to the Police, obviously there is nothing they can do...And i will keep the ring as a sweet memory smile.png

Well, initially I was not about to go to the police, because, well naah it's the BIB, so what. But the station is on the way to my condo, and I thought if they had a few reports about that area, maybe they'll patrol, or something... Optimist...naah it's the BIB

Well done OP, i would probably react too in the same situation...Even if i know it can be dangerous...But i would not go to the Police, obviously there is nothing they can do...And i will keep the ring as a sweet memory smile.png

Well, initially I was not about to go to the police, because, well naah it's the BIB, so what. But the station is on the way to my condo, and I thought if they had a few reports about that area, maybe they'll patrol, or something... Optimist...naah it's the BIB

Its probably a good idea to report it anyway - at least there is paperwork should some later problem come from it. Lets hope not of course.

It's all well and good for people to say you should not have reacted, but there is little chance of doing that. We either react defensively or aggressively - fight or flight - it's built at a low level into our brains, hardwired, and fires before conscious thought has woken up.

I suppose it will eventually come to be like the flawed 3-strikes-and-you're-out legal concept (i.e. 3rd arrest and its life - flawed because it actively encourages muggers etc to kill and remove witnesses if they are already on the third ball) - if you do have to defend yourself, making sure there is no chance they can come back at you in the future! That's the problem witht he sorry excuse fro a police force here - it forces people to eventually take the law into their own hands - and here that can only really mean one thing.

Edited by wolf5370
  • Like 1

Most people are not expecting an assault. When it happens we just react without thinking. Sometimes we make a bad choice and get hurt. That doesn't mean we are stupid. It's only after the fact that we start to take precautions. It's like riding a motorbike in Thai traffic. After a while you start expecting the unexpected. It might save your life some time.

You could have been killed. Not smart. The murder rate in Thailand is 5-10x what it is in your home country. Think about that.

That would depend on where the OP is from, wouldn't it?

If he's from Detroit, then perhaps not.

If he's from Christchurch, then perhaps so.

tell us your reasons for running?

walking is too slow

think again, jogging was his only crime:

"The court was told that the three boys spotted Lane, 22, jogging along a road in Duncan on Friday.

They got into a car driven by Jones, drove behind Lane and then Luna shot him with .22 calibre revolver in the back, the court was told.

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/national-news/victoria/three-teens-charged-over-murder-of-melbourne-baseball-player-chris-lane/story-fnii5sms-1226700172461#ixzz2cYW9RvdI"

:http://www.news.com.au/national-news/victoria/three-teens-charged-over-murder-of-melbourne-baseball-player-chris-lane/story-fnii5sms-1226700172461

Edited by jointedNose