CTH - Useful info and links

mrbojangles

Due to CTH being new to most TVérs and their coverage of the EPL. If you want to post any useful info i.e. operating the buttons, contact info for installers or links to scheduling etc please feel free to post in here and I'll make this a sticky.

However, some of the guys have some really useful info and so please refrain from entering into discussions in this particular thread so that the info doesn't get buried.

A word of warning for some strange reason the CTH call centre is only operating from 10.30am to 18.30 pm and it can take quite a few calls to actually get answered. So the more useful info that can be put here the better .We lost all stations and the wife spoke to the Thai speaking girl at CTH call centre and 5 buttons later we were back in business. Not sure if they have English speaking staff.

• 2 weeks later...

I had CTH installed by IT Care Center Pattaya. I paid TB3,500 pre-installation for installation costs, satellite dish etc. and TB1,924 on installation for 2 months service. Yesterday I received my first statement from CTH. It is for TB4,258.32 and includes installation fee, deposit and package costs.

IT Care Center have given them my name and details but not any money which I paid.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

I had CTH installed by IT Care Center Pattaya. I paid TB3,500 pre-installation for installation costs, satellite dish etc. and TB1,924 on installation for 2 months service. Yesterday I received my first statement from CTH. It is for TB4,258.32 and includes installation fee, deposit and package costs.

IT Care Center have given them my name and details but not any money which I paid.

We called CTH when the bill arrived. They rang back an hour later and told us to ignore the bill. Looks like their paperwork is not up to date.

Edited by wilai

INFO for anyone who gets the null word showing on the box and has no channels.

You must go into menu,settings and run the auto search,whereby all the channels will be scanned and once finished you must press exit whereby you will have a picture again.

Seems to be a common problem of late.

We called CTH when the bill arrived. They rang back an hour later and told us to ignore the bill. Looks like their paperwork is not up to date.

Ditto, nice girl at the call centre said "it's happening to a lot of people, just pay next month".

Also another common problem,disregard this bill until they either cut you off,I've had mine for nearly two months and only paid the initial installation and set up fee.

If it continues for free praise be to god.

You must go into menu,settings and run the auto search,whereby all the channels will be scanned and once finished you must press exit whereby you will have a picture again.

Yes.I know thats what should happen.but with me it does'nt work. As soon as I press the Auto button the box goes back to null.

Yes.I know thats what should happen.but with me it does'nt work. As soon as I press the Auto button the box goes back to null.

Ok take a hammer to the god damn box then.

Only joking.

Maybe you need to contact the people who sold/rented you the box.

It's always worked for me .

I've been through this. Go to the CTH office with the box and have them check it out. If the box is deemed OK then they will run through the resetting process.

Not a bad idea to do because this will be happening every now and again they tell me!

CTH Call Centre Numbers:

Short dial (I cant get this to work on my phone - possibly Thai only): 1619

Main call centre number (Thai only when I called): 02-508-6999

Call centre number with English language option:

When I called the English language number they spoke very little English and invited me to call back in the afternoon. They then phoned me back at 12:30 but the lady, who spoke enough English to understand my problem (duplicate billing), could not understand English spelling of names - a common problem with a longer family name and diction over a mobile phone. I gave up and handed the phone to my Thai wife. facepalm.gif Par for the course in Thailand.

Yes I do speak a reasonable quantity of basic Thai, so don't give me $hit for that people, it's just easier at times to pass onto an expert, rather than struggle in pigeon Thai/pigeon English!

Post script:

I had paid for installation and a one year package in early August via Bangkok Bank. I was now being billed again in early September for installation and two months package. My wife said that the call centre explained that the second missive was just for information - we could ignore it.

Clearly that was bull$hit/face-saving; the second missive was a bill with a tear off banking slipbiggrin.png .

Be careful with this mob!

Edited by SantiSuk

• 2 weeks later...

We recently received an erroneous bill. CTH apologised and said disregard and wait for the next one. Have been given 100% guarantee we will not be disconnected. Going to call again on Friday just to be sure as missing the slaughter of the Chavs on Saturday would ruin my year.

Using LG Smart TV I have been able to set up recording, using an external HDD.

When scheduling, it asks for the Channel Number (from a list), I don't know for example what is the channel number

for say, Stadium 1, any help please,? N.B. These are not the numbers on the CTH Box, e.g. 131 etc, but rather CS 01....etc.

I composed the question on the CTH "Send a Question" link and all I got was "ERROR"

Thank You

Edited by angrybird

"but the lady, who spoke enough English to understand my problem (duplicate billing), could not understand English spelling of names - a common problem with a longer family name and diction over a mobile phone."

How do you think I manage, my name is "Featherstonehaugh"...pronounced "Fanshawe" ?

BTW this should become a very useful topic as long as people don't post irrelevancies.

Edited by angrybird

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have a figure for the official CTH installation cost?

(I am paranoid about farang rip off prices, but do often give a good tip when someone does a good job at a good price)

I was enquiring at a CTH installer today in Chiang Mai. He quoted 5,000 Baht for HD installation and 2,800 Baht for SD installation.

I may be wrong, but, isn't there only one CTH box? Not one HD and one SD.

When my Thai wife turned up, I queried this fact with him but he said" I am satellite man", and threw us out of the shop.

Does anyone know the channel numbers in relation to their symbols etc please ?

I have been trying to locate SkyNews, but due to the erratic reaction of the "box" relative to the remote, that is, long delay then jump channels, I just get fed up searching.

It seems hopeless that we have to go to facebook to get info on EPL reruns.

Needless to say perhaps I also get a huge monthly bill, and also now a Form Letter to fill in and return..not speaking reading Thai and believing that it would not be difficult to have a translation that their "system" can send out to non Thai script names...what did you say .."Dream on "

I have consigned it to the rubbish bin.

Edited by drx13

Go to stadium 1, then select menu, I think settings or installation section. Then check OTA upgrade. This will update your firmware, if its not been done and I found it helped speed things up when channel hopping etc... If on satellite sky news is 261.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 4 months later...

Paid the installer back in August last year for a full year. Just got cut off for non payment ie 10 months later. CTh don't seem to want to know about it. Let's see what happens.

Paid the installer back in August last year for a full year. Just got cut off for non payment ie 10 months later. CTh don't seem to want to know about it. Let's see what happens.

A mate of mine describes something similar:

"I got a text message last a week CTH asking me to contact them in the next day or so to avoid service disconnection. When they asked me to fax or email my payment receipt to them I naturally asked why? The guy on the phone sounded rather embarrassed to tell me that they had lost customers payment details. Or in other words their computer system had effed up.

Anyway this was the start of a saga which involved me having to send the details by fax three times as well as going into the Pattaya CTH shop twice to try to get them to reconnect me after they had cut me off. Each time i called they kept me listening to music for nearly a one hour and then each time they had the cheek to ask me to send me my details yet again, seemingly trying to pass the buck on to the next call centre Somchai. I was disconnected for four days trying to get them to sort it out.

All sounds like the same customer lack of service i used to get with True."

Anyone else encounter this?
-redwood

^ Yep....only cost me one night though. Definitely seems to be a problem between CTH Head Office and the Pattaya Tai shop. I'm probably getting Astro by August so will bin CTH for next year.

Tell us more about Astro please Wilai.

Not looking to get until August but here are a few pointers:

Malaysian Satelite with loads of sport channels...pretty much every event covered via South African/Setanta/ESPN sports feeds.

Set up charges approx 25k baht, then 18k pa depending on package

No Thai ch 3/5/7 so you'll have to sort something else out for the wifebiggrin.png

Takes a couple of weeks to get it sorted (as I think smart cards need ordering from Malaysia)

will post more when I get it

• 1 month later...

Got fed up with programming my favourite channels on CTH, since they seem to reassign channels at least monthly causing your pre-selected favourites to disappear.

Have recently noticed that all the channels I watch are HD channels. If you press the centre OK button on the remote you get a listing of all the channels. Most people know that but there are so many channels it is still a fag scrolling around for the channel you want amongst a couple of hundred mostly Thai channels. However you can switch to a listing of all the HD channels only (of which there are only about 40 channels mostly the falang ones) by pressing the scroll left button and scrolling down to the HD channels icon, pressing enter then scrolling right to be able to select any one of the HD channels.

I'm sure many of you have worked that out for yourselves anyway and of course, if you just watch Stadium for the Prem/sports plus maybe Sky News, it's pretty easy just to remember or note down the channel numbers

Is CTH the best channel to buy for EPL games?

Lite Beer has given you the alternatives.

CTH is the natural choice and their football is all on high quality HD. Their admin is totally screwed but provided you can get them to it set up and you start paying for it you are unlikely to actually suffer from that. Don't pay anything until their installer has got it working and probably pay monthly rather than the 15 for 12 month option (which may no longer be available anyway).

CTH has quite a lot of falang content, apart from football (and most other sports) commentated in English. Many of the football-crazed ThaiV members seem to discount this fact. There are some good American series showing on Fox channels (yes good US series do actually exist - amongst a welter of cr'p - eg the excellent 'Homeland') as well as some moderately recent movies, again from Fox. News is provided by Sky (UK - can be a bit parochial if you are non-Brit); horrific rabid far right Republicanism masquerades as news on Fox News. Several channel-loads of dross "lifestyle/reality" American/English/Australian channels - think "Cup-Cake Wars" (<deleted>) and a range of Nat Geo natural history and history channels that can be occasionally interesting.

GMM has only added CTH's EPL channels to their stable this Summer and I have not seen any reports on the quality of their transmissions for HD channels. I do have GMM in my daughters' bedroom, but only the very limited free-to-air channels. I hadn't looked at it for a year (!) but I've just gone and checked it. The quality of the limited number of Thai HD channels is ok but nothing like CTH. If I can trust the apparently full listing of all channels thrown up (includes channels like the CTH football 'Stadium' channels appearing with a $ sign signifying 'must pay') then the GMM full package ('Gold + EPL HD' package) falls short of CTH - I don't see the full range of Fox series and movies (though their Warner TV channel will replicate some of the Fox series I think) and I do not see any English language news programmes. GMM does have the Nat Geo channels. That was just a 10 minute check though, so I don't warrant that GMM is definitely inferior to CTH. I also do not know if their admin is any better than CTHs but can't believe anybody could be worse than CTH!

Unless you can get a better handle on the quality of GMM's HD transmission and their range of programming it would be safer to get CTH ..... IMO

... Forgot. GMM does show the English Championship division and games from the Bundesliga. CTH now carries the relevant GMM channels now, but the signal quality for these on CTH is <deleted> awful so far.