CTH - Useful info and links

mrbojangles

Is CTH the best channel to buy for EPL games?

Probably yes if you throw in the PL preview shows,6pm CH 61 each night , wrap ups of the days football news.John Dykes and panel previews nightly

Picture is fine unless there is rain around ,normal with satellite

Having said that they are still a totally hopeless organisation if you have a problem.If you sign up suggest you do it monthly as they may disappear, a mate of mine signed up 3 months ago and still has not received a bill,again that's normal

• 5 weeks later...

Tell us more about Astro please Wilai.

Not looking to get until August but here are a few pointers:

Malaysian Satelite with loads of sport channels...pretty much every event covered via South African/Setanta/ESPN sports feeds.

Set up charges approx 25k baht, then 18k pa depending on package

No Thai ch 3/5/7 so you'll have to sort something else out for the wifebiggrin.png

Takes a couple of weeks to get it sorted (as I think smart cards need ordering from Malaysia)

will post more when I get it

Astro installed. Gets all EPL/CL games...and the League Cup as well.

Was 18k set up (120cm dish) and box/card (original not copy) Can be done quickly within a day or so of ordering.

Sports package is 18kpa, but worth it as it looks like it gets pretty much every event going. (6 channels currently showing Asian games)

HD option is another 6k so havent done this yet. Will see what the SD quality is like first, but you can upgrade by phone if needed.

Guy who installed is based in Pattaya (Nongprue) and is ok (keep him away from your Leo stocks tho'wink.png ) PM me if you need contact details. On the subject of PM's thanks (NOT) to the Global Mod who didn't respond to two rather simple questions! Probably far to important to respond to mere mortals like myselfcoffee1.gif

.. Forgot. GMM does show the English Championship division and games from the Bundesliga.

GMM has change Club Channel to Platinum package and if I remember right, that was/is only channel showing Eng Championship. Eurosport too has been cut off from Gold and went to Platinum.

But, I find out you can buy just EPL SD package for 299b/month, Easy to buy from website after you have registered. Need to buy topup slip from 7/11, Tesco etc, add money your account and choose what package you want to buy.

Where exactly is the CTH Office in Pattaya? I have just moved house and want them to relocate the dish.. The missus did call but they haven't organised anything yet... Pissed off cos bill has been paid and no CTH..

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It seems CTH have changed all the channels again. There are now only 2 sport channels from GMM, but thankfully the Championship is still available to view. There are 2 new HD sport channels, but I can't access them. It seems we have also lost the German football. Also gone is the Australia + channel on 187 (formerly The Australia Network). Sigh.

Yes it is GMM who has changed their packages. Many angry people who paid advance and now they can not get what they paid for. I lost one sport channel, good I paid only for 1 month. Actually I lost 3 but 2 come back just 1 hour ago. GMM has now new packages, sport 299b/m but crazy thing is, I can not buy it online, not available.

• 11 months later...

CTH Programming Guide

Having trouble finding the time for a replay of an English Premier League game you want to watch; or a live match? This website works ok:

http://www.cthbpl.com/th/#prog

The tab "Program" (look for the programming calendar about 2 or 3 screens down). The website should open up in the english language, but there is a language switch button in the top-of-screen tabs.

• 1 month later...

INFO for anyone who gets the null word showing on the box and has no channels.

You must go into menu,settings and run the auto search,whereby all the channels will be scanned and once finished you must press exit whereby you will have a picture again.

Seems to be a common problem of late.

Yes.I know thats what should happen.but with me it does'nt work. As soon as I press the Auto button the box goes back to null.

I've been through this. Go to the CTH office with the box and have them check it out. If the box is deemed OK then they will run through the resetting process.

Not a bad idea to do because this will be happening every now and again they tell me![/quot]

My box is not working, constantly rebooting, they tell me I have to send it back to Bangkok, if they can't repair it I have to buy a new one...that sucks. But worse is being without football for as long as it takes them to repair or send a new one!!

The proverbial is really starting to hit the fan with CTH and several threads are now running throughout ThaiV. Local fora like Chiang Mai and Pattaya have threads and there is also this one which seems to be particularly informative at post # 7 (though the thread's title is wrong/misleading):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/864591-cth-is-no-more/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feed:%20thaivisa24%20%28today#39;s%20best%20thaivisa%20topics%29

Edited by SantiSuk

Just got cut off by CTH.

Have not received bill for many many months, still they send SMS messages to remind us of paying the bill.

Trying to call all kinds of numbers to let them know we never received a bill for a year, nobody picks up when we call.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got cut off by CTH.

Have not received bill for many many months, still they send SMS messages to remind us of paying the bill.

Trying to call all kinds of numbers to let them know we never received a bill for a year, nobody picks up when we call.

And it is still the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that another rejig of the CTH channels took place yesterday.

Sport channels are now in the 100's with the Stadium channels starting from 101 onwards.

Sky News is now 800.

Strange ! a friend told me that's what happened to his as well but mine is still the same facepalm.gif

Seems that another rejig of the CTH channels took place yesterday.

Sport channels are now in the 100's with the Stadium channels starting from 101 onwards.

Sky News is now 800.

Strange ! a friend told me that's what happened to his as well but mine is still the same facepalm.gif

When I switched on yesterday a box came up asking if I wanted to do a channel search, think it mentioned something about the change of channels but can't remember. Went ahead with that and then had to locate the usual channels. Not sure if any have been added (or deleted - the Stadium channels are still there!!) because I usually only view about ten in total.

Maybe that is needed before the new numbers come into play. Although, with CTH, who knows!!

Just got cut off by CTH.

And it is still the same.

Tried to call again and again.

Nobody picks up.

F...k it!

Wife likes the free channels best anyhow, and I am watching football on one of the free streamers online.

• 1 year later...