Just landed myself a job in Rayong

kscott

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, been told 70,000 baht per month for assistant. The role will be supervising the modifications whilst i deal with mass balance calculations, paperwork, permits and attend meetings etc etc. Dont know much about thai wages, is this high or low? Must be degree qualified in an engineering discipline.

Half day on a Sunday for assistant, otherwise in work for 12 hours min every day.

Other than that i dont know much about it, only accepted the job this morning. Nepotism is a wonderful thing!!

lol hardly an assistant role, 76 hour/ 6.5 day week is a bit harsh, forgetting the Thai Labour Law overtime stipulations is it even legal to work those hours, if that is the company hours they are seriously taking the piss......but then you are on 300k per month, I would be as well factoring the overtime (28 hours per week).

If so you're a clever lad and have sold yourself short at Bht300K/month

Yeap...300k/m was and average going rate about 10 years + ago...

and of course the clever lad is going to give us a hint which site/company this is, doesnt have to name it...just some pertinent info which will identify the place for those who know the area/companies and projects on the go...thumbsup.gif

All the recruiter's know the positions available/filled on the Eastern Seaboard, Iam good friend's with one so I'll flick him the job description as outlined and see what he comes back with..... am sure there aint too many in O&G field advertised lately so if there was one he will know, I'll also mention the 70k (Thai salary) for an assistant..... would have been a big ticket position for a recruiter so it will be known.

Edited by Spoonman

Yes, been told 70,000 baht per month for assistant. The role will be supervising the modifications whilst i deal with mass balance calculations, paperwork, permits and attend meetings etc etc. Dont know much about thai wages, is this high or low? Must be degree qualified in an engineering discipline.

Half day on a Sunday for assistant, otherwise in work for 12 hours min every day.

Other than that i dont know much about it, only accepted the job this morning. Nepotism is a wonderful thing!!

lol hardly an assistant role, 76 hour/ 6.5 day week is a bit harsh, forgetting the Thai Labour Law overtime stipulations is it even legal to work those hours, if that is the company hours they are seriously taking the piss......but then you are on 300k per month, I would be as well factoring the overtime (28 hours per week).

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that those hours are ilegal under Thai labour law, and I would assume unsafe practice, particularly in an industry like O&G.

I'm calling BS on most everything this guy says. He's an engineer capable of making at least 500k but starts out with a 44k budget as a writer. He's also wealthy with lots of assets back home. 44k to 120k to 300k. His next post will be that he got a raise, but no work permit, to 600k.

Well I like my job better. I'm an ex special forces guy with a PHD in nuclear engineering, but I choose to pay 50k a month to warm a bar stool in Phuket.

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 2

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that those hours are ilegal under Thai labour law, and I would assume unsafe practice, particularly in an industry like O&G.

Actually they are not....the offshore lads work a minimum of a 84 hour week and they fall under the labour act as well..ie 12 hours on/12 hours off

Bllody hell lads, snoop away in fact dont bother i'll do it for you. I'm working on behalf of an outside company to increase the capacity of a gas plant for SCG, thats Siam Cement Group for some of you not in the know. The site is in between Ban Chang and Rayong at a place called Mattaput(sp).

As per the telephone conversation, they do not have the software required for the mass balance calculations so i will do them myself, not hard, anyone with an ounce of engineering experience can do these.

What a buch of fuckin bitter old <deleted> you all are on here. If anyone wants to meet me or doubts my credentials i have been advised that Ban Chang is a good place to drink so i'll be down there most weekends, just look for the young handsome chap with all the girls around him. As for this site, you can stick it, never encountered such jealousy in all my time, cheers to the lads who congratulated me, for those gthat are trying to pick faults, i hope you find some happiness instead of trying to belittle the acheivements as others.

Thats me done here, over and out.

wai2.gif

Thai wages 70 k a month ??

yes why not..have a variety of lads working on the job I am on and the lowest paid Thai national is THB 30,000/m

and some of the Thai lads are earning 200k plus a month and would estimate average is around 120k/m

Sounds like it is already functional, you should have mentioned you are a bio-mass fuel engineer...that would have shut up the non-believers.

Siam Cement Biomass Project

The Siam Cement Biomass Project involves the modification of five cement manufacturing plants in Thailand to enable them to use renewable biomass fuel in place of fossil fuels, leading to substantial greenhouse gas emission reductions as well as significant environmental and socio-economic benefits.

The cement plants previously burned a mix of fossil fuels in their kilns, including coal, lignite (brown coal), pet-coke, and heavy fuel oil. With the implementation of the project these have been largely replaced by renewable biomass from a variety of sources – primarily rice husks but also wood-processing residues and other agricultural waste such as palm trunks, palm fibre and palm nut shells.

Supply chains have been established for the sourcing of waste biomass from nearby areas. Prior to the implementation of the project, rice husk was typically burnt in open fields, which is common practice for rice husk waste in developing countries. Other agricultural wastes were left in the fields to decay.

The costs of modifying the existing plant and establishing the new supply chains were substantial, and there were also significant technology risks and technical know-how barriers as the Siam Cement Group was the first company in Thailand to adopt the new technology. The additional revenue from the sale of carbon credits provided the necessary incentive to justify this investment. Without the carbon revenue the project would not have gone ahead

.http://www.climatefriendly.com/Projects/Projects/Siam_Cement_Biomass_Project/

Edited by Spoonman

yes why not..have a variety of lads working on the job I am on and the lowest paid Thai national is THB 30,000/m

and some of the Thai lads are earning 200k plus a month and would estimate average is around 120k/m

you have assistants on 200K ?

Seems the OP is being under paid !!!

biggrin.png

you have assistants on 200K ?

Seems the OP is being under paid !!!

They are not all "assistants"...just giving the wage spread on the job I am on...

Although I do have an "assistant" who I am mentoring (forgive the managment speak) to take over from me one day and he is on about THB 150k/m...smart cookie, and will do very well for himself one day and will eventually be able to work where ever he chooses in the world...

Thats me done here, over and out.

Erm ..... To be correct..... That's you found out.

Goodbye Walter - now get back to your one handed internet searching and leave us grown ups to enjoying the lives we are living - not the lives we dream up.

I wondered why Walter was taking so long with his retort...must have been looking up company names and geography around MPT...biggrin.png

but seeing as I do spend quite a bit of time in Ban Chang...if i do come across a new face who is a chemical engineer with a shining personality such as Walter who is working on SCG on a 2 year contract..i will be sure to come back on TV and let everyone know we was wrong...we misjudged the poor chap....thumbsup.gif

. As for this site, you can stick it, never encountered such jealousy in all my time,

What had you expected from a board where the majority of the members are Chang consumers, and that isn't not because it is tasteful.

You should have known from your other thread already what meat you had in the tub.

i used to like the beach just up from bang chang,

not going there again, i hear thers a nutter on the loose,

Nip down to Ban Phe and call in Christies or Charlies bar, there's a few that hang around there at times..bah.gif .

• Like 1

Walter returns to his dismal existance in some grotty bedsit, his lies exposed and he himself the victim of his own trolling.

Every other post he's made is full of hate and envy of older guys living the life they want to live.

Well as they say, youth is wasted on the young and Walter is wasting his.

What a sad little boy he is.

I'll hang my hat in shame if he loses the job he never had.

I don't think with his attitude that he'll need a helping hand - I'd imagine he'll end up either getting beaten up by some of the locals or fired by his "employer" if he goes around with that sort of attitude.