Samui specific - 90 day reporting. FYI.

Rooo

I received this email:

FYI: On completing the above formalities today I was advised “no need to bring the paper next time” (TM47) as receipts (today’s TM47-the tear off bit) are now bar coded (my passport number was below the bar code) therefore all they need to see in future is my passport.

Sorry but I'm confused are you saying you only take your passport in next time for the 90day report. How do we tell them where we live.

I think you write it on a piece of paper for them. But once all that information is on computer, no need I suppose unless you change your address.

had this done earlier this month, my address appeared on the paper between my surname and first name!

i have to do in a couple of weeks. What is required now for 90 day report is it just walk in with passport and say for my 90 days.report no other document now required?

had this done earlier this month, my address appeared on the paper between my surname and first name!

i have to do in a couple of weeks. What is required now for 90 day report is it just walk in with passport and say for my 90 days.report no other document now required?

yes,just front up with passport and tell them your here for your 90 day report,no more form filling.

Sorry John , no pictures available as yet. Will post soon.smile.png

• Like 2

yes, just did ours a couple of weeks ago, no form to fill in, just write name and address on a bit of paper and hand it in wth passport - not sure if this is the procedure all the time now, or they had just temporarily run out of printed forms.

I have just been , filled out the form as normal , which they transferred to a printed , barcoded copy which is stapled into your passport for presumably a quicker , no form filling future smile.png

This is correct, I have received this email a few days ago my apologies, as I was away:

Hi ,

All they (residents) currently need to do is turn up with a duly completed TM 47. The tear off bit at the bottom will contain the bar code when immigration staple it back into their passport. Thereafter all they need to see is the passport containing the bar coded insert.

But you can't get this for a non b visa?am i right?still have to do a visa run every 90 days?

I have a non-b visa and i dont do any visa run; I just have to go the the immigration every 90 days to report. I guess it's the same for everyone?

A multiple entry non-B visa you get from a consulate abroad.

With this you get 90 day permission to stay at each entry and must leave the country every 90 days.

If you have got 1 year extension of stay from immigrations within Thailand you have to make 90-day reporting every 90 days you stay in Thailand.

But you can't get this for a non b visa?am i right?still have to do a visa run every 90 days?

I have a non-b visa and i dont do any visa run; I just have to go the the immigration every 90 days to report. I guess it's the same for everyone?

A multiple entry non-B visa you get from a consulate abroad.

With this you get 90 day permission to stay at each entry and must leave the country every 90 days.

If you have got 1 year extension of stay from immigrations within Thailand you have to make 90-day reporting every 90 days you stay in Thailand.

Good to know is that if you leave the Kingdom before the 90 days are up, you start a new period of 90 days, every time you leave, or rather entry again!

Edited by limbos