Hotel Suggestions

Felix Lynn

Hi BKKers...I was hoping to get a tip on a hotel near a BTS stop in Bangkok in the 1000 baht range, preferably not on Sukhumvit. Any suggestions? Thanks!

FL

If you are trying to avoid bars you might want to check out the Honey Hotel. The Honey Hotel is not directly on Sukhumvit, but on the side street Sukhumvit Soi 19. They will have something in your price range, the e-mail address is [email protected]. They have a pool and a free breakfast. Different classes and prices for rooms. Not far from the Skytrain stop.

Manhattan .... Sukhumvit 914 THB ....nice little beer bar opposite for tiffin

I just stayed at the Manhattan a short time ago and agree that it's good value. The rooms are a bit nicer than the Ambassador and it's in a pretty quiet neighborhood. The classic old Ying Lee restaurant is right at the corner on Suk.

However, the breakfast buffet sucks....

Breakfast...... :D ..Always spent my stays in Bangers in the ground floor rooms at the back of the garage in the Honey and quite honestly never ever made breakfast :o

Chucking out time at the Therme was usually around 7-00am and by the time we got back to the Koffee Chop and had a pre kip Sing..brekies was the last thing on my mind.

On a good day however i could usually make it/surface in the afternoon and crawl back to said K.C and following on to a read of Trinks column and 3-4 pots of their coffee would be fairly compus mentious about 4-00 PM.

Depending who was about the session would start again... :D

I have been a few times to the Muangphol Mansion. It's near the National Stadium BTS station, also near MBK shopping center. The have al little bit old furniture, but the service is good and everything is clean. Double room with aircon for about 750 baht.

Address:

Soi Kasemsan 1, Rama 1 Road.