Wachira Hospitals Any Experience

dive_mistress

A very good Thai friend of mine recently went to Wachira hospital. The doctor looked at him for 5 minutes and prescribed him who knows what, and sent him on his way. He recently had a mototbike accident and is complaining of pain on his left side under his rib cage and serperately stomach problems.

He is still in a lot of pain but said yes he thinks the doctor was bad but will not go back untill he finishes the medicine.

Anyone wiht similar experiences? Does this belong in the health forum? It is Phuket related.

I also have a friend whose thai husband was diagnosed with a mucus infection in his stomach. After going to Wachira, mission, PI, and BP hospitals a friend of hers told her he sounds like he has stones. (kidney?). They went back, insisted on ultrasound and operated the next days.

Another friend of mine went to a femaile OBGYN for female problems. She was prescribed prozac with no discussion about it.

AMazing!

Any recomendations? Shall I insist or try to insist he see another doctor?

I dont know many Thai ppl who will go to Vachira unless they need something major and can't afford a private hospital.

Its not that they are bad per se, its just that they are overworked and understaffed. So u tend to get shunted in and out as quick as possible.

For simple things Mission Hospital is ok, and Siriroj (Phuket International Hospital) is good and not too expensive.

Best hospital overall - Bangkok-Phuket Hospital.

Best Ob/Gyn and anything to do with maternity and births - Phuket International.

Best equipment - Wachira Hospital.

Yes, I was surprised too. I stayed in Bangkok-Phuket hospital for a suspected lung embolism.

I went to Wachira for a CAT scan as they have the most modern equipment on the island.

Best hospital overall - Bangkok-Phuket Hospital.

Best Ob/Gyn and anything to do with maternity and births - Phuket International.

Best equipment - Wachira Hospital.

Yes, I was surprised too. I stayed in Bangkok-Phuket hospital for a suspected lung embolism.

I went to Wachira for a CAT scan as they have the most modern equipment on the island.

i can only agree

bangkok-phuket hospital is fantastic,save my life and my future during tsunami

i cannot forget this :o