Dog talk

The scary thing is, I don't think she was joking!

You are right, she was quite serious when she said it..

She had reason to be serious; an elderly friend of mine can talk to animals and they seem to understand him. I've seen him do it and just shake my head.

She had reason to be serious; an elderly friend of mine can talk to animals and they seem to understand him. I've seen him do it and just shake my head.

I would like to seek the assistance of your friend to talk to my beagle, he seems to like pulling out plants from the garden...

if a partner is questioning me on why i am giving some meat to my dog i can bet your bottom dollar that when youre not around ,the dog starves on rice or some cheap chemical dry food all day long ,so when i know this i would say good riddence to the partner and find a new partner,one that understands that dogs need a nutritious diet not just a cheap diet

• Like 1

If she's competent to keep the OP, but not the dog, then I think I would weigh up the pros and cons carefully. Maybe the dog could fend for itself, scavenging in bins, or as an international consultant, like the rest of us...

• Like 1

Take your claim to Mr Randi and get some sense knocked back in to you or failing that join any religion and then you can really believe in fairy tales

Thank you OP! Still have a smile.

Used to be a British, lady psychic popular on TV in the States that always heard dogs wanting to go on walkies.

Now only Cesar talks to dogs, but he's difficult to hear...he whisper's.

OP, stand by your phone. Hollywood cometh.

I see people talk to dogs here all the time. I have started to talk to them, too. My favorite one was a day when I was waiting for a friend in front of the 7-11. A stray dog seemed intent on going inside, but wasn't tall enough to set off the automatic door. Then a lady was approaching the door and stopped before the sensor and started reasoning with the dog, saying things like "You know they don't allow dogs in there. This is for people. You need to go look for food over there" and on and on. This "conversation" lasted about 1 minute until someone came out of the door and the dog promptly went inside.

I wouldn't doubt if this has something to do with the whole reincarnation idea, but I am too lazy to research it.

• Like 2

Have owned lots of dogs in my time (or they've owned me; your call) and the thing that freaks me out with all of them is the way they'll sometimes stare fixedly into your eyes for a long time. 'What's the news from Planet Dog?' I ask. 'Got a message for me, or what?' But my speaking doesn't cause them to break off eye contact, just go right on staring through me to the other side.

And we call Thais crazy.....

My partner has told the entire village that 'John loves the dogs more than me.' Well of course -- they really know how to lick face ......

• Like 1