Never forget that many farangs in Thailand are lunatics

andrew

Actually I know of a few people who have contracts with the government.

One of them sold bomb detectors. He is in jai9l in the UK now.

One sold Fire trucks....the saga still continues.

One taught english to the government....Have you heard Yingluck speak lately?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in a bar in BKK on Wed night and the old boy sitting there latched on to me and started telling me his life story. This boy was the jesus, he'd seen and done it all, only thing was he kept contradicting himself.

One minute he was involved in alcohol distribution, the next it was skin whitener and beauty products, 2 minutes later it was property development.

There seems to be one of these guys in nearly every bar in BKK. Full of shit and want to tell everyone about it.

Only one in each bar,how many bars in bk ????

• Like 1

As a former estate agent in Pattaya I can relate to this big time....

Thailand...where the so called self claimed winners were losers back home, great place to re-invent yourself thumbsup.gif

usually re-inventing themselves as "financial advisors" or real estate brokers...rolleyes.gif

Nah one of the financial advisors stayed in one of our rooms, getting later with the rent each month and with numerous stories he left in the dead of night owing us money, I wont mention his name............ og bugger I did.... David Geary

The Wife's business not mine, mine is to whinge and gripe about Thailand ............which I thoroughly enjoyw00t.gif

Thats why one has to be very careful investing money with a financial investor.Than god my cousin has been one for many years and helped me so much investing offshore and feel very comfortable with his advise. I invested money with a <deleted> scouse company in bk,got done big style,due to how poor they were,then my cousin stepped in,wish i had known he was a financial advisor,working in Thailand.

Why are some of you so incredibly thin-skinned? If you are not one of the lunatics that the OP speaks of, why get so defensive about it? Surely you can't deny that Thailand does in fact attract some real looneys from farangland. The OP brought up a specific example. I can give a few myself, as can many here. The more delusional perspective would be to believe that every farang you meet in Thailand is trustworthy and mentally stable. As TV demonstrates every single day, this is not the case.

Agreed.

If posters aren't lunatics then why have so many taken umbrage. In many ways, these people are proving the OP's point.

Ok so maybe some of us wouldn't have mentioned just how successful our business is/was when making the point about farang nutters but if the guy's proud of his achievement, what's the big deal with him saying so?

Andrew,

I believe you joined the forum back in 2003 or thereabouts and had a good 9 years or so on hiatus? (That's not in Malaysia btw)

If you listen carefully, you may just hear your name beeing cooed from those nether regions once more.

Only this time it's a one way ticket.

Have fun, y'hear smile.png

And just like that...(little) Andrew......he was gone .....

No doubt his Government contacts will soon out things back in order.

Edited by chonabot